Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-12, 01:49 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default color spinnerbaits and frogs for clear water

i have been having luck with the pumpkin/green and watermelon worms so far, but have been dieing to use some spinnerbaits and frogs, This pond seems to have change from 24/7 mud to clear water, I was reading somewhere that fresh plant growth turns the water. i mainly have white/chartrouse then just plain white and chartrouse, I do have a dirty brown spinner bait with a willowleaf blade, I woudl just try em and see, but it will be a while before i got back and am limited to stuff i can take. I dont wanna take my spinnerbait rod and nothin hit it, when i could have taken somthing else
Old 06-26-12, 06:55 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Just about any color will work under a condition eventually no matter what color.
Spinnerbaits to me mimic minnows there fore minnow colors.Yet have used watermelon etc and caught bass.plant growth and color are not as closely linked as you read it really acts like a bio filter taking much of the things that color it out.
It does make oxy and yet release carbon dioxide -osmosis then life and death etc.
Most importantly it provides cover,a nursery for young ones and in many respects treat it like you would any other part of the lake,getting muddy due to runoff or shallowness,not due to plant growth.
In clear water run faster brite colors firecracker comes to mind,smoke with glitter,then after that match the hatch as close as one can in size and color.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 03:15 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The colors of your spinnerbaits should be fine. I use those colors all the time. I have both silver and gold bladed models, but prefer gold blades most of the time. Now in my area lakes, bluegill is a prime forage for bass. I have found that a 3/8 oz. spinnerbait with a gold colorado/willow blade combo and a bluegill colored skirt can be deadly in clearer waters.
Old 06-26-12, 11:28 PM   #4
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i beleive lizards.frogs and gills are the main forage, heck gills are always on beds. thanxs yall i will try them tips out, now in match and april while it was muddy, they torn the spinnerbaits up

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.