Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-09-12, 04:08 PM   #26
badbrady06
BassFishin.Com Member

Picked up the medium light yesterday. Works like a charm. I think I'm in love with these rods. Gonna have to send the old lady to the sofa. We need more room. Lol.
badbrady06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-12, 04:58 PM   #27
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrady06 View Post
Got one of the rods today. Dobyns 7'0" medium fast savvy series. A little shorter on the butt section than I like but, we'll see. Tried a number of different rods. Pretty much everything on this thread and this one won me over. Just gotta go try it out. Hitting dvl in the morning. Then we'll make a decision on the next rod.
Quote:
Picked up the medium light yesterday. Works like a charm. I think I'm in love with these rods. Gonna have to send the old lady to the sofa. We need more room. Lol.
Dobyns Rods are great and my rod of choice. I immediately fell in love with them as well and have four rods from their Champion and Champion Extreme lines. Just be careful, if you're addicted to the Savvy rods, just wait till you get a Champion in your hand!

BB
Old 02-09-12, 05:59 PM   #28
badbrady06
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah I know. I'm already looking at a coalition Med/hvy. Are they that much better when you move into the other series?
Old 02-10-12, 07:08 PM   #29
BigBassin144

Quote:
Yeah I know. I'm already looking at a coalition Med/hvy. Are they that much better when you move into the other series?
I don't have any experience with the Savvy or Coalition series rods, but there is a noticeable difference in sensitivity when going from my Champion to Champion Extreme rods.

You'll experience a bigger jump going from the Savvy to Champion than from Savvy to Coalition, but I'm sure you'll probably still see an improvement. The Coalition's blank fits right between the Savvy and Champion series and should make for a good mid price range rod.

I'm just worried about seeing the Champion line go up in price now that the gap between it and the Savvy has been filled in. Although, with the Zayta rods coming sometime in the future to sit above the Champion Extreme line, they may leave the prices alone.

BB
Old 02-11-12, 03:43 AM   #30
badbrady06
BassFishin.Com Member

Do you know if the butt section is longer as you go up in series?
Old 02-11-12, 10:18 AM   #31
BigBassin144

The savvy, coalition, and champion are the same. The champion extreme are longer and much more comfortable. The champion and champ extreme casting rods are available in full grip and split grip models.

BB
Old 02-12-12, 11:44 AM   #32
blackstang93
BassFishin.Com Member

I use Pfleuger president reels, I fish senko's 90% of the time. I use a BPS extreme rod ( i think the quality of that rod has went downhill). the other paired with gander mountains higher end brand. I had low expectations for the gander mountain rod. I very surprised! it has more backbone than the extreme. I can cast further with even better accuracy with it. Ive landed more big fish with it too!I'm planning on picking up a garcia veratis rod soon. I really like the feel of that rod.
blackstang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 01:37 PM   #33
Rebbasser

Sounds like you are on the right track. Handling the rods lets you know it the rod feels right before you buy it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.