Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-03-12, 03:55 PM   #1
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Worth $100 or not?!?!

Talk about a quandary...

Lakemaster has come out with their new Indiana/Ohio chip. I've got all of those maps covered with my Navionics chip, with one important exception...

Blugrass Pit, which is only 3 miles from my house. 80 acres of decent bass fishing. This Spring it gave up an 11 lb bass.

I fish there pretty often, and it looks pretty good on side imaging. Coal mining has produced some really good structure down there, in open water too. It's over 60 feet deep in places.

I am hemming and hawing over whether to buy the chip just for this lake. I am rationalizing it by thinking "hmmm....maybe I'll like the other lakes I fish on this chip more too..."
Old 07-03-12, 04:35 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

So let me get this straight.....you're asking US about whether or not to spend money on a fishing-related item?
You already know the answer, don't you?
Old 07-03-12, 04:38 PM   #3
bassinbob

Yes, buy it.
Old 07-03-12, 05:30 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
So let me get this straight.....you're asking US about whether or not to spend money on a fishing-related item?
You already know the answer, don't you?
Hehe...I'm totally busted.

It's all your fault, Daniel. I forgot you sent me that money by Paypal, and I "re-discovered" it yesterday. It wants to burn a hole in my pocket now.
Old 07-03-12, 05:38 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

Old 07-03-12, 06:19 PM   #6
bamabassman

"and it's a BURNING RING OF FIRE!!!" HAHAHAHA!!!

<<JSUT WONDERING IF WE ALL DO THIS...YOU KNOW...ASK OUR BRETHREN if WE SHOULD buy SOMETHING.....HMMM...EXPSECIALLY WHEN WE KNOW THE ANSWER ALREADY......HAHAHAHA!!
Old 07-03-12, 07:30 PM   #7
islandbass

That's a no-brainer for a nofearengineer. Besides anyone could spend that for a family of four to go to the movies these days and which of the two would pay divindends? lol.
Old 07-03-12, 07:44 PM   #8
lilmule

Uh I just ordered the navionics nav planner,has gold ,platnum etc if you use a garmin or lowrance should be able to make you a map,bird is a bit harder as it wont play saved tracks.
That is if that small lake is contained within.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 10:11 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Nope, lilmule...

Apparently, Lakemaster is, at this point, the only one to have Bluegrass on a chip.

There is a piece of software I've seen called "Dr. Depth" (my old nickname ) that costs $200-$300 depending on what options you get. It creates your own chart using your fishfinder. I'm not sure I want to spend that much though.
Old 07-04-12, 05:16 PM   #10
bassboogieman

I have to ask the question: How large is this "pit" lake? How well do you already know it? Is a paper chart available? If it's not 500 acres or more, I'd say you'd be wasting your money. If you know it well, I'd say you'd be wasting your money. If it has a paper chart available, you have the best sonar/GPS (IMO) available, so I'd use the paper chart, along with the DI & SI and plug the good areas in the GPS. Unless this new chip has more to offer than this one lake for you, I wouldn't bother. If it does give more detail of others lakes not on your existing chip, I think it would be worth the expense. All that said and you being you - you probably already bought it.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 09:32 PM   #11
nofearengineer

I haven't actually bought it yet. The heat has made boating just about unbearable, hence making the purchase a waste until I can actually use it. I got up this morning at 8am hoping to go fishing, but it was already 90 degrees, so I just went back to bed.

We did get a big thunderstorm today, so that helped, but it's still supposed to be over 100 this weekend. I'll probably buy it when it cools off.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.