Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-02-06, 04:48 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Florida Summertime Fishing

Ya always hear of the fantastic fishing in florida in feb, march, april, then as may and june approach the fishing reports diminish, I am wondering whats the hot summer months like (june july august) for bass fishing? do they fish at night? or does the bite stay the same? or slow way down?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 05:37 PM   #2
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

may june and july are good months for fishing, but like anytime/place, you have to have the right presentation for the conditions. when it gets as hot as it does the fish will be 2 places, either in deep water or very tight to THICK cover. often times the fish will be in the thickest slop in the lake and often times that consists of weed mats 6-10 FEET THICK! Its not easy getting a good presentation to the fish when they are that thick in the slop. The bite is always good early in the morning and in the afternoon along with late at night. The heat of the day just puts the fish in hard spots to present a lure.
Old 06-02-06, 07:06 PM   #3
Christopherkeene9

Pretty much what rob said. I found out last year the working a tiki stick along the mat edge really produces and then sometimes dragging it over the mat will produce strikes, but rarely hook up. Thats why im glad I've found horny toads this year!!!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 07:36 PM   #4
JB

I bet ya pull a lot of bass up through the mat with a big green afro of weeds on its noggin' lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 09:51 PM   #5
HulaPopr

As Rob said, they'll be extremely close to cover or deep. Since I'm better at fishing the shoreline than I am deep water, I stick with fishing heavy cover. Since there is almost no vegetation in the lake I fish, I've been using senkos and junebug worms lately to fish in the thickest brushpiles I can find, and its been working great. Fortunately I've got a depth finder and last time I was out I was able to find some deep points and some rockpiles in deeper water I plan on hitting next time I'm out there.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 12:39 PM   #6
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
may june and july are good months for fishing, but like anytime/place, you have to have the right presentation for the conditions. when it gets as hot as it does the fish will be 2 places, either in deep water or very tight to THICK cover. often times the fish will be in the thickest slop in the lake and often times that consists of weed mats 6-10 FEET THICK! Its not easy getting a good presentation to the fish when they are that thick in the slop. The bite is always good early in the morning and in the afternoon along with late at night. The heat of the day just puts the fish in hard spots to present a lure.
dont forget about running water july i was fishin a canal that would cover ur head in overhanging cypress trees no boats can get back in it fish love it in the late summer nice cold water and some really sharp drops in some places its pretty hard to not get snagged with all the trees under the water hell u can barely get a boat in their gotta lift it over some monster overhanging trees xD
Old 06-03-06, 04:47 PM   #7
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

well when i go to geaorgia every summer i catch em really tight to cover. The onloy things i throw pretty much are white or chartreuse buzzbaits in the morning, and 10" red shad worms the rest ofthe day, the big uns love them, ive even caught fish smallerthan the worm on it.
Old 06-03-06, 11:08 PM   #8
lizardsrule

I aint been fishing in too long, so I don't know, dang it. But I can assure you I will find out LOL.

Lizatds
Old 06-03-06, 11:26 PM   #9
WTL

I got 2 weeks till I find out.

My plan involves this...
1. Topwater Early
2. Flipping till 10
3. Sleep till 4.
4.Flipping till 7.
5.Topwater till pitch black.
6. Black Spinnerbait till 11:30 PM.
7. Sleep till 5 the next morn.
8. Repeat.

We'll see I guess, lol. The best laid plans iof mice and men often go awry.
Old 06-03-06, 11:30 PM   #10
lizardsrule

WTL,

I gotta tell ya that most of my biggest fish have come around 11am-2pm. That was when it was cooler of course, but it has some merit to it.

Lizards
Old 06-03-06, 11:41 PM   #11
WTL

So Does that mean I have to cut out that 6 hours of midday rest? How many hours per day does that get me up to, lol, 19 1/2 hours for 2 weeks in 90 degree plus weather? Haha, this is gonna be great...I might die of exhaustion, but those fish are gonna get sick of me being out there.
Old 06-04-06, 02:26 PM   #12
Rodman_Rob

where ya gonna be fishing jb?
Old 06-04-06, 04:54 PM   #13
flamez

jb ur clowns are killing me please PLEASE change your avatar they freak me out

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.