Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-11, 10:34 AM   #1
lunkerscore
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Alpha Jig Facts

Folks, I think I can shed some light on Alpha Jig!, since I have been fishing with it since 1995, some 16 years. As a former sponsored tournament fisherman I have had the opportunity to fish many different types of jigs. I am here to tell you there is nothing on the market today that will touch this jig for every kind of condition, believe me I have fished them all and this is definitely the best for all approaches and techniques. Of course I have had the opportunity to fish all three weights, 1/4, 3/8, and the 1/2 oz. There's nothing better for heavy cover, hoping the bottom , swimming or casting long distance, no problem. I have fished with the inventor, Bo James since 1995 and there are some other techniques it is used for which I don't think they want me to mention at this time. The main thing I noticed was I didn't loose hardy any jigs do to hang ups and most of the fish will indeed be hooked in the roof of the mouth. Occasionally you will hook one under the mouth, especially Kentucky's trapping it on the bottom. You will hardly hook one in the side of the mouth. One thing you didn't see in the demonstrations is it's like a cat, throw it up in the air and it will always land on it's back and upright. I always had a tenuous feeling, especially with a big fish on that it would tear off if you put too much pressure or horse it too much. If you have a good strong hook set and your line will hold then you can really lean on your fish and feel very confident you are going get them in the boat. If you have got a good hook set and your equipment holds up then you have got the fish. One of the main advantages is the dual guide arms, or " weed guards ". They actually act as locking devices and lock the hook in place in the fishes mouth and you have to physically release them in order to remove the hook, like releasing a trap as the hook will be locked in place. I am here to tell you there is definitely no hype here, this is the best thing to ever come along in jigs. If you ever get an opportunity to fish with these you will see for yourselves what I am talking about. I also use them on most of my plastics too, using the jig head bare on the plastics, they are really great for that especially in brush piles and cover. Like Pro Reel said, this is the real deal, around here it has been a closely guarded secret, but for those who know about it and can get their hand on them won't use anything else. Trust me it's well worth the $5.00 investment.
lunkerscore is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.