Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-09-06, 09:49 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2 choices down, 2 to go

ok guys, finally ended up ordering a St.croix Avid series medium action rod. the owner of the shop talked for an hour asking questions, and he said medium would be best, since im not going for anything big. then, a stradic spinning reel. the guy said that was good too, and powerbass is fromNJ and he reccomends it. i plan on buying a MH action emerald rod later as a backup, with a pfleuger president or medalist.

now comes line and lures. so far, ive thought something like 10 rapalas, 5 of random lures like a rogue, a luckycraft, ect, 15 megabass, and 20 bags of plastics. so far, im thinking for the plastics zoom, assalt, pourboys plastics (custom colored), and alluringbaits, since they say their senko like things are better tahn yamamotos and i have testimonials.

line- i want one flouro and one mono. is cajun red fluoro? i was thinking that or trilene or yo zuri for fluoro
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 09:52 PM   #2
bass kicker

get the pfluger reel

and i know i have been putting shimano reels down a lot but i like there rods they make a great fishing rod
Old 03-09-06, 09:57 PM   #3
crankybait

already ordered the shimano reel. but which pfleuger? medalis or president?
Old 03-10-06, 10:42 PM   #4
PowerBass

I would go with President, I have actually used one, and can say Pflueger is Quailty, but you are better to go with another Shimano. The Spirex is a heck of a reel for the money. You still have the list of baits I would get If I were you? The Rapalas I listed will be a good start, then fill in gaps with LC and MegaBass. Cajun Red is a disapperaing monofilament line. I personally am using 6lb Berkley Vanish Fluro on my ML, 10 LB Cabelas Line on my MH spinning. Both are great lines. You will enjoy the Medium action spinning rod, but can I make one more bait suggestion, a nice selection of Terminator Spinnerbaits are a must. Get Titanium, they are the best on the markey IMO or Booyah Blades.
Old 03-10-06, 10:47 PM   #5
crankybait

well ill see how the shimano reel does before i choose between a pflueger or shimano. yeah, i have the list of baits. im doing what you said, rapalas, megabass, and maybe apointer or two for hardbaits, maybe a rogue. for mono, im guessing cajun redcast or trilene as a secondary option. then for flouro ill use the berkely stuff, maybe in a higher test. probably 8 or 10. terminator spinnerbaits... ok ill google it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.