Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-07-12, 01:47 AM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default GoPro camera

Ok I’m back…well back on a boat. Didn’t get the bass boat my cash (at this time anyway) just won’t allow it. That’s another story. What I want to talk about is this cool Gopro camera I got. I’m still messing with the settings but check out the video and tell me what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts_ze...ature=youtu.be In your YouTube screen change the settings 10 1080. There is a little distortion in the right channel/ speaker but this camera looks pretty nice. I’m going to do a video on the cam and my setup this weekend. Don’t clown me to hard on the dink and the excitement…..it was my first fish on the boat lol.
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-12, 07:27 AM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The pic sharpness is good but the wide angle gives the impression that you are about 5'1" plus I noticed the same frustrating audio glitch I get with my Flip........I hear the sound of a mighty cast a few seconds before I see it.

I like the pontoonish type watercraft......talk about room to lay out some rods on the deck! and an excellent platform for pitchin and getting into some skinny water. I'm guessing it doesn't like the wind very much though.

**edit** Just in case you are actually 5'1" no offense meant...hey it didn't seem to hold Tom Cruise back much
Old 12-07-12, 08:39 AM   #3
bassboogieman

I've been looking, almost pulled the trigger on the Hero 2, now with the Hero 3 I am still not sure. The seperate water proof case and the effect it has on sound quality is the biggest complaint I've heard. Remove the water proof housing and the sound improves, but IMO, you need it when near water. There is also an external microphone that supposedly solves that problem, but it's another expense and something else to misplace. No doubt they take excellent video, I've seen them in use on several "outdoor programs" including some National Geograpic shows.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-12, 01:20 PM   #4
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I've been looking, almost pulled the trigger on the Hero 2, now with the Hero 3 I am still not sure. The seperate water proof case and the effect it has on sound quality is the biggest complaint I've heard. Remove the water proof housing and the sound improves, but IMO, you need it when near water. There is also an external microphone that supposedly solves that problem, but it's another expense and something else to misplace. No doubt they take excellent video, I've seen them in use on several "outdoor programs" including some National Geograpic shows.
I have the
GoPro 3. The 3 jumps up in resolution. It also has built in WiFi for its remote control whether its your phone or the waterproof remote. Another big feature I like is the camera can record while it hooked up to a power source!
Old 12-07-12, 01:44 PM   #5
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've been trying to decide what I'll do in regards to the next camera, and I was thinking about the GoPro, but you have no choice but to get a fisheye lens, right? Cause that would be a deal breaker for me.
Old 12-07-12, 07:22 PM   #6
nobass

nice viedo . ditto on casting deck, but i heard you say winter whats yours like winter means it go to 75 for the low
Old 12-07-12, 08:16 PM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I think WaffleJaw has been dabbling with the camera. He has posted a few things on them. That reminds me, I have one my dad gave me last Christmas, not the GoPro, but some kind of small video camera, that is still in the case. I need to get it out and mess around with it.
Old 12-07-12, 11:17 PM   #8
MIbasser

Which GoPro 3 did you get? I've been wanting one for awhile now. Now for just fishing but I also downhill ski and you see them all over the place.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-12, 12:08 AM   #9
Crankbait

Kenn got caught up at work……am still gonna call. Im 5’8” but there is a medium and narrow setting. Had it on wide to capture surroundings and hopefully a hawg being caught.. I have the GoPro silver 11mp 1080p 30 fps/960 at 48fps and 720 at 60fpsbuilt in wi-fi. The white is the same but only 5mp 3fps burst. The black is does 1080p 60fps 720 120fps and 1440 at 4812 mp 30fps burst the wifi remote comes with it and it has pro light performance. Also not in florida anymore L in NC so it does get cold
Old 12-08-12, 09:00 PM   #10
fishnart
BassFishin.Com Member

I think it looks great. How long does the battery last, how long can you tape before you run out of power. And I like that boat also, what is it? Man you can move around in that thing.
fishnart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-12, 12:52 AM   #11
Crankbait

The gopro 3 can record while it’s plugged into a power source so it’s all determined by your power source. I was using a trent 1200 mah external power supply. Ran my gopro for 8 hours,

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.