Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-15-07, 11:28 PM   #26
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman View Post
My most recurring problem- Forgetting to pull the TM before taking off. Forgot a tie down strap, couldn't figure out for the life of me why the boat wouldn't come off the trailer.

That's two more I've done-(raises hand)guilty as charged

And a couple more-

Drove to the lake without locking the trailer on the hitch-not forgetting to put the key lock on it, didn't even push the lever down.

Several times I've forgotten to hook up the lights or safety chains.
Old 04-16-07, 03:30 PM   #27
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not laying flat the finder transducer and asking yourself what the heck is wrong with the dang thing.

Having the gas hose pinched with the battery and asking yourself why the outboard doesn´t start.

Running over a gill net with CLEAR soda bottles as floats , then having to cut the gill net to get free, go to shore, dissasemble the propeler assembly, giving the parts to your fishing partner so they don´t get lost while you untangle half the danged gill net from your propeller and your fishing partner loosing one of them. ..... And there you are on the OTHER FRIGGIN SIDE OF THE FRIGGIN LAKE to where you parked your vehicle.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 06:35 PM   #28
ROBZILLA

Well as you could probably guess I have some big ones! I'll give you a few.

Got caught doing the nasty on the front deck of the boat.

Gone across the lake with the anchor down.

Caught a sea gull with a jig believe it or not. I couldn't when it happened.

Almost drowned night fishing, very bad moment in my fishing past.

And there is lots more but hey, another time.
Old 04-16-07, 06:40 PM   #29
zooker

zilla forgot super tanker swells dam near sinking his butt..

zooker
Old 04-16-07, 06:53 PM   #30
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Tied on a lure then clip the main line instead of the tag end.
lmao done that too many times
Old 04-16-07, 07:28 PM   #31
Raul

Burning the main line with your cigar while you are woiming .
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-07, 07:46 PM   #32
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Burning the main line with your cigar while you are woiming .
did you mean you burnt your main line while womanizing?? you know that has to hurt..

zooker
Old 04-17-07, 09:46 AM   #33
Captmikestarrett

I have cut the main and threw the rattletrap in the river twice in a row.
It was a tough day (money wise) but my customers got a kick out it and laughed it up. Oddly I did too. Later I fried the trolling motor in the grass.

Capt Mike
Old 04-17-07, 11:12 AM   #34
revrat
BassFishin.Com Member

Worst dummy move I've made so far was forgetting to take the transom saver off the lower unit when I launched the boat. All was fine as I idled out of the no wake area, but as soon as I got into the throttle, the transom saver built enough drag in the water to overcome the big rubber band that held it in place and it flipped around into the spinning prop. Luckily the hub spun like it was supposed to so I didn't need to replace lower unit gears. Also, the transom saver was history. I heard a loud "POP" and then the RPMs shot up, and I knew immediately that I had forgot to take that stupid thing off.
revrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 12:58 PM   #35
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

My problem is being in too big of a hurry. I always forget to pull anchor, then wonder what the heck is wrong with my outboard or trollin motor when it lugs down. I've forgot fill up with gas on several occasions, so i had to troll all day.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 03:21 PM   #36
DEbass'n

tied on a spinnerbait and watched it go half-way to next week
My buddy bought a used jon boat and we took it out and had water up to our ankles within 5 minutes. Then he caulked the holes the night before we went the next weekend and still had water in it. He finally put some marine caulk and covered it with heavy duty epoxy and hasn't leaked since. when i was younger, maybe 8 or 9, my dad and I were moving to the other side of the pond and I had a fish jump up and take my lure. Luckily, I was holding onto my rod and dodn't lose it or the fish.
Old 04-17-07, 05:14 PM   #37
mont_lunker_hunter

That reminds me of one. I was probably 11 or 12 (you know, just old enough to be a smart a#@), when i was fishin with my dad (he was paddling...in the wind). I tried to cast under a limb and got hung, dad, strugglin to paddle in the wind was p.o.'d to say the least, he said "damn boy you aint no professional!" as he huffed and puffed over to it. Well, sure enough about five casts later, he got hung...so i said "damn boy you aint professional!" Needless to say that was STUPID. I'm 27 now and i think i can still see his hand print on the side of my head.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-07, 08:42 PM   #38
lizardsrule

Have done almost all of the ones listed. Anchor down running the boat, plug not put in, livewell not closed off, trolling motor down, the list is extensive. Bob, I had the same floating boat thing last year, forgot to tie it off before launching, then had to swim out in cold weather, with knowing gators were around LOL. The best story was from a guy I took fishing. He kept standing up in this tiny, tiny jon boat, and rocking the heck out of it. He was a idiot, did I mention that. Anyways he is finally sitting down(this was a borrowed boat mind you), and goes to set the hook on a fish, at least that was the story he told. He sets it so had and rocked back so hard he broke the chair pedastal screws, and flipped over backwards into the lake, about 50 yards from the dock, with the wives watching. All I could do was laugh so hard, and couldn't stop enough to help him into the boat, he had to swim to shore. There are lots and lots more. The most recent was leaving a Gulp Shrimp attached to hook, and left out for several days, needless to say hook was lost. And yes I've hooked a couple of people with cranks on the cast, and watched lures sink after tying them to a piece of line I just cut off.

Lizards
Old 04-17-07, 11:30 PM   #39
jobrien214
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Stupid stuff

Hooked self in face with a rapala on vacation at Russell lake

Fishing tourney and measured fish on plastic belly board ,left on front deck, took off on high speed run about sixty miles an hour decides to launch itself towards noggin

Fishing in sleet and freezing rain at Cumberland once stood up to land fish, feet frozen to deck

Fishing tourney at East fork 65 mph run saugeye decides to jump in boat

Left slice of cheese under console.....stinky

Left minnows in live well....real stinky

While coming around rip rap marina wall failing to see huge houseboat wake launches self into Evil Kinevil type flying Roy Rogers flying remount trick

While at Toledo bend leaving boat beached in front of camp site and going to bed only to awake to the biggest storm and finding boat gone.
Lucky wind blew it into marina.

Went to Kincade lake for a day of fishing , left early got to lake, tied up to dock to take nap, slept all day put boat back on trailer, left for home

Went to Caesars creek on early spring day only to realize the damn thing was still frozen solid

Took young daughter crappie fishing and hooked duck which took of through timbered area....wow what a sound that made

Took buddy fishing who put on new 100.00 ray bands which stayed on his face about 3 seconds before he turned his head sideways.....he still has a nice leather case

Fished Ohio river tourney which was launched in a fog , went across river to fish Kentucky side , when fog lifted was at the ramp I launched at

Was fishing Cave Run saw TV set floating on bank joked to buddy about catching fish on TV threw jig and landed nice bass

Took nap on boat, hood of sweatshirt falls in water slowly wicks up to head and wakes me up

Ran out of smokes at Cumberland go to marina buy 5.00 pack open them up motor out of no wake zone hammer down and guess what blows off console ? Idle back in buy another pack do same damn thing
jobrien214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 08:28 AM   #40
bassbooger

I have so many things that I can't label them all, but one comes to mind I was out one day with a buddy doing some crappie fishing, we decided to take off to another hole and I noticed that we weren't moving as fast as we did earlier. Looked back and noticed my anchor rope was dragging behind the boat. DOH!!!!! Sad to say, but I have done this more than once.
Old 04-20-07, 07:21 PM   #41
senko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post
just old enough to be a smart a#@)
speaking of which my dad kept catchin all the fish so when being a good boy i tied on his for him and "sharpened" his hooks lol couldnt hook anything up all day till finally realizing
Old 04-29-07, 10:23 AM   #42
RSAbassboy
BassFishin.Com Member

I was once fishing on a jetty that was about 12 foot off the ground so that i could get an advantage and fish over the massive amounts of weed that was difficult to fish from the ground. The water level was low and there wasn't any water below me... just THICK mud. i casted a jig just on the other side of the weeds about 20 ft infront of me. needless to say i got a nice bite, struck, missed, and lost my balance and fell headfirst into the mud! lmao
Old 04-29-07, 09:46 PM   #43
adamchasejones
BassFishin.Com Member

I launched saturday wo my plug and immediately thought of this post. But my luck quickly turned around. After getting all the water out and calming my nerves I caught a couple dinks and then an 8lb er.
adamchasejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-07, 11:38 PM   #44
hackattack

has anyone here gotten up on plane with their TM down?
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-07, 07:07 PM   #45
DaHorns
BassFishin.Com Member

Man, its good to be back!!! I too have a few of these "miscues".

1. Launched boat off trailer while having it tied to trailer to keep it from floating off and found out my rope was rotten. Boat started to float away during a nice flow on Lake Austin. Had to get in and chase it down while being watched from the resort next door. Got a nice round of applause by my audience and swam the boat back to the ramp.

2. Picked up my tackle bag while fishing with a buddy in his boat and set it on my lap, after selecting my lure of choice I went to set the tackle box back down and couldn't remove it from my lap. It seemed to have picked up a crankbait and inserted 2 of the 3 treble hooks sunk into my leg all the way to the joint on the hook. Came across a LCRA "Rescue" boat and asked if they had any antiseptic and bandages, of course not, why would a "rescue" boat have a first aid kit? Mine has one in it now as does my tackle bag. Removed the hooks from my leg with a pair of pliers and a tad bit of pain, and almost passed out while doing it.

3. Couldn't figure out why my boat wouldn't get on plane and had a WICKED vibration. Ended up opening the back hatch and seeing the back of the boat full of water, I mean FULL. Ended up having a crack in my livewell pump that filled up the backend of the boat. Pretty scarry.....

That my top 3 stories, ENJOY!!!
DaHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-07, 07:47 AM   #46
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

Those are really funny

I have tied a lure on w/a skirt and forgot to put the hook on it. When i finally went to change lures i realized there was no hook

San

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-07, 04:08 PM   #47
Patrick Krueger, Jr.

Going out on a limb (literally) to fish and fell as I tried to cast, landed on a lower limb, knocked the wind out of me. The same limb two weeks later, same fall, as I was trying to catch my breath a fish pulled in my rod and reel.

Opening day for a trout pond, everyone was shoulder to shoulder, so I tried to make an extra far cast and tossed my rod and reel about 25 feet out. I swam to try and get it and got powerbait hooked into my inner thigh, centimeters from a catastrophe. People were laughing, I was humiliated.
Old 06-25-08, 04:47 PM   #48
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
once i was flippin a brush pile and lost a giant right at the boat, in an emotion driven tantrum i fell to my knees on the deck of my boat and slammed my brand new falcon flippin stick on the console, and the console won that battle when it made my flippin stick about 2 foot shorter.
I am literally crying that was so funny!
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-08, 04:53 PM   #49
Jim80

i had a terrible habit of falling between the baot and the dock when i was younger , it usually happened 6 to 7 times a summer .
Old 06-25-08, 05:24 PM   #50
jasonfish320

My Top 5:

1)Fishing a tournament caught a keeper, weighed it, headed for the back deck and threw it back in the lake...

2)took a leak off the back of the boat only to look up as a party boat of senior citizens strolled by

3)hit a sand-bar, tried to get off it, but broke my paddle, didn't have shorts and for some reason no underwear that day... do I need to continue...thought not..

4) went to hop on front deck as I pushed the boat off shore and one hand hit the pedal of the trolling motor and almost cut my balls off..

5) Left the house for a tournament 4 hours away and when I went to register I suddenly had a flashback of leaving my paperwok on the front deck....get back in truck drive home

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.