Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-08, 10:18 AM   #26
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

thanks for the leader board BB good stuff
Old 07-06-08, 11:40 AM   #27
brushhog

BB, thanks buddy! looks great really do appreciate it! Hope everbody gets involved!
Old 07-06-08, 04:38 PM   #28
Fishnngolfn

For the largest stringer, do the fish have to be greater than 15"? If so, I was mistaken with my entries. I wasn't trying to submit a small fish entry with my 10.5" and 11" bass pics. I was just submitting fish for the most fish catagory. I will accept whatever ruling you give but I honestly wasn't submitting a small fish entry.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 08:59 PM   #29
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnngolfn View Post
For the largest stringer, do the fish have to be greater than 15"? If so, I was mistaken with my entries. I wasn't trying to submit a small fish entry with my 10.5" and 11" bass pics. I was just submitting fish for the most fish catagory. I will accept whatever ruling you give but I honestly wasn't submitting a small fish entry.
Sorry man, but the rules do cover everything. All fish (except for Smallest Fish) must be 15" long. But hey, there's still time.

We went out tonight and my dad caught two small ones (about 11" and about 13.5") he didn't want to submit them for smallest fish so I guess he'll have to catch an even smaller one. I got skunked.... again.... Oh well, there's always next weekend.

BB
Old 07-06-08, 09:06 PM   #30
Jim80

you'll get em BB i hope to get out three nights this week and at least one morning got a spot or two i've been thinking of hitting when i was out on saturday a guy fishing around a small island on the lake hit a 8lber of a swimbait so we'll see
Old 07-06-08, 09:12 PM   #31
BigBassin144

I can catch plenty of dinks in my pond, just nothing over 15". I'm hoping to get a small one in my pond for the Smallest Fish category.

BB
Old 07-20-08, 10:29 AM   #32
Jim80

Well all today and tomorrow are the last days of the tourny. Ithink i got the smallest fish wrapped in the east but unless i have a incredible night out tonight i think brushhog has the rest wrapped up .
Old 07-20-08, 10:53 AM   #33
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

I can almost guarantee The Bateman has the biggest stringer won!
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 12:03 PM   #34
Jim80

that i do not doubt at all
Old 07-20-08, 04:03 PM   #35
BigBassin144

I was kind of dissapointed in you guys, not you who submited fish, but those of you who did not. Especially after all the talk in the beginning. Except for the numbers of fish, the leaders board above is pretty much still how it is.

BB
Old 07-20-08, 04:28 PM   #36
Fishnngolfn

In the future for small fish category, I would suggest not posting the smallest fish on the leaderboard during the updates (maybe just list the person's name who is winning). If you show the actual size of the fish leading the small fish category, people who have not submitted one can wait to submit their smallest fish entry until they are positive it is smaller than the current leader. I would think this gives them an unfair advantage.
Old 07-20-08, 05:18 PM   #37
BigBassin144

I didn't post the lengths of the smallest fish for that exact reason. Cause if someone knows the smallest fish is, say 7", they'll wait to see if they get a smaller one.

BB
Old 07-20-08, 05:25 PM   #38
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I didn't post the lengths of the smallest fish for that exact reason. Cause if someone knows the smallest fish is, say 7", they'll wait to see if they get a smaller one.

BB
Cool. I was hoping you would not post the actual lengths. By the way, am I still leading the small fish category for the south?

I had one the other day that I didn't bother taking a picture of since I already submitted one. It was 5" long. This little bugger went after a 6" lizard and was hooked on a 3/0 extra wide gap gammy hook!!! A true case of his eyes were bigger than his stomach.
Old 07-20-08, 09:47 PM   #39
Jim80

i did not make it out to night but hopefully i can squeak a few in tomorrow night i plan on fishing from 6:30 till about 9pm hopefully luck will be with me .
Old 07-20-08, 10:16 PM   #40
Fishnngolfn

Caught 3 more bass tonight at the retention pond in my neighborhood but they were all smaller than 15 inches. Sigh.
Old 07-21-08, 08:30 AM   #41
BigBassin144

Well boys n girls, the end is here. Today is the last day to catch those fish. Unfortunately, I'll be working.

I'll be accepting entries for today's fish tomarrow, and will try my hardest to get the results on Wednesday.

BB
Old 07-21-08, 09:28 AM   #42
Jim80

well it will stand were it is for me my wife informed me that i had plans already for tonight so no fishing , but tomorrow is my day off so i'll be out then
Old 07-21-08, 05:44 PM   #43
The Bateman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default I Was Afraid Of That.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I was kind of dissapointed in you guys, not you who submited fish, but those of you who did not. Especially after all the talk in the beginning. Except for the numbers of fish, the leaders board above is pretty much still how it is.

BB
I was kind of afraid of posting a big stringer at the beginning of the tourny, as I know this has the effect of discouraging others from entering. But, because of the 24 hour format, I had to enter them right away. I got real lucky trying some new lures, and out fished my friends 10 to 1.
I only get to freshwater fish in spurts, as I help my son run deep sea charters. I was hoping to see you guys posting similar big fish!
Old 07-21-08, 08:35 PM   #44
BigBassin144

bateman, next time, just don't post them on the board. leave them wondering about the leader board. You know, is the ibggest fish 4lbs or is it 8lbs?

BB
Old 07-21-08, 10:48 PM   #45
Fishnngolfn

Well, I went out tonight in hopes of catching at least one fish that was at least 15 inches. I caught one that was 12 inches but still too small for entry. Oh well. The tourney was fun and I hope that I won the small fish category.
Old 07-21-08, 10:57 PM   #46
Jim80

F&g i feel your pain man , in my recent trips my five year old had the best fish and i forgot a soft tape measure to measure the girth on the day i had fish that counted . but it's all good fun no matter how ya look at it
Old 07-23-08, 09:22 AM   #47
BigBassin144

Default And The Winners Are...

Alright guys, before I log out for the day (well for now anyways) , I thought I'd let you know the results. In the rules it states that each angler can only win one category, and the other will be awarded to the second place finisher. Well, we've got a couple people who are going to win two because of the lack of a second place finisher.

May I have the envelope please....

North:....................

No entries...

West:.....................

No entries...

Central:.................

No entries.

South:

Largest Fish: The Bateman, with a fish weighing 9.11 lbs.
Largest Stringer: The Bateman, with 5 fish stringer weighing in at: 29.6 lbs
Smallest Fish: Fishnngolfn, with a 10.5" fish.

Congrats to the winners in the south.

East:

Largest Fish: Brushhog, with a fish weighing 3.65 lbs.
Largest Stringer: Brushhog, with a 5 fish string weighing in at: 16.25 lbs
Smallest Fish: Jim80, with a 7" fish.

Congrats to the winners in the East.

That about wraps it up for the BassFishin.com Official Braggin' Rights Tournament. Congratulations again to all the winners. I will be talking to Kevin about having another tournament, most likely for the month of August. I hope everyone will submit fish.

BB
Old 07-23-08, 12:21 PM   #48
Fishnngolfn

Cool. I had one smaller but I ignorantly failed to fully comprehend the rules. I mean I failed to read them before posting my first fish. Thanks for doing this BB. Too bad more people didn't participate.
Old 07-23-08, 04:45 PM   #49
pignjig
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yah, thanks, BB! Congratulations to all the guys that won. Next tournament I'm going to get out more with a camera, tape and password. Again, well done, BB and Kevin...
pignjig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 04:56 PM   #50
Jim80

Cool thanks for the results , and i'll be down for a August tourny as well . We just need to get all too enter something, Congrats Brushhog and bateman well done

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.