Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-09, 12:51 PM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
Are you kidding me?? It's estimated that those who quailified through the Federation had to work their way through around 30,000 other anglers. That may be the toughest road to the classic of all. And aren't I correct in saying that after day 2 all three of the Federation anglers made the cut with two of them in the top 10? And didn't Bryan Kerchal win the classic one year and didn't Dalton Bobo place second another year only an ounce behind the winner? Both Fed. Ntn. anglers.
I agree!

As Jack Black said, "it's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock 'n' roll"

But in this case, it's along way to the top if wanna fish pro!

btw jigger look at my spinnerbait classic thread

Last edited by Bassboss; 02-22-09 at 12:58 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 01:16 PM   #27
zooker

day 1-2 are part of the $1800 entry fee-actually day 3 and 4-if you make the last day cut the tourny directors require the angler to add $2500 more or they don't fish.most times the sponser ainty up.. when kerchal made the last day cut.. he begged borrowed and stole the money to make the last day. at that time they had to have the money by 5am the last day...

zooker
Old 02-22-09, 01:24 PM   #28
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Are you kidding me?? It's estimated that those who quailified through the Federation had to work their way through around 30,000 other anglers. That may be the toughest road to the classic of all. And aren't I correct in saying that after day 2 all three of the Federation anglers made the cut with two of them in the top 10? And didn't Bryan Kerchal win the classic one year and didn't Dalton Bobo place second another year only an ounce behind the winner? Both Fed. Ntn. anglers.
Kim competed against her peers also, just as the Federation nation guys competed against other weekend warriors. In both cases, they did not compete against the Elite Series Pros. I have done camera boat services for the WBT and know that they put good money up and fish thier hearts out. Let me tell you that there are a few women that can go head to head with a great many of the pros on the Elite series. None of them have the experience that some of the real old timers do (KVD, Clunn and a number of others), but neither do a lot of the Federation Nation guys.
Regardless, I think the Classic format and qualifying route is due for a serious change. It is virtually nothing but another tournament with a bigger check at the end. I, for one, am entertained in one breath and dissappointed in the other.
The suggestion I had before by competing the AOYs from the various trails would be a better venue for "World Champion" than the outdated format we are watching this weekend.

And, PLEASE, I hope none of you are offended by my position. It's just my opinion and not meant to make anybody mad.
Old 02-22-09, 01:42 PM   #29
fish2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to fish2

Jigger I don't really see what you are getting at. Do you think that because she won the points race on the Women's Bassmaster Tour she doesn't deserve the right to try against the guys. She won Women's Bassmaster Tour thats the bottom line therefor qualifying for the big dance. It doesn't matter if you're a male or female, it's not about strength — it's a mental and strategy game. Women have not always been allowed to compete with the men They decided to open up it up to one position from the Women's Bassmaster Tour and she qualified for the position so how can you she didn't qualify for it. I am not for the decision or against it but if you qualify then you qualify.
Old 02-22-09, 01:56 PM   #30
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2 View Post
Jigger I don't really see what you are getting at. Do you think that because she won the points race on the Women's Bassmaster Tour she doesn't deserve the right to try against the guys.
That's exactly what I'm saying-----she doesn't deserve the right to try against the guys. You're not making the distinction between "qualifying" and "deserving". She indeed "qualified" according to the new rule they made so that a woman could fish the classic but she doesn't "deserve" to fish is my point. Like I said, I'll bet many of us here on the board fish a circuit that's tougher than the BASS women's tour. I'm not *****ing at her. She's done nothing wrong. My complaint is with whoever made the rule to let her in in the first place. What it took her to get in pales compared to what it takes for the others to qualify in my opinion. Let her qualify like everyone else. Don't make an exception for her because she's female and fishes an exclusive female circuit that the men can't fish. Shoot, I'd like to fish the women's BASS circuit. Would they let me in? No. I've got this thing between my legs that disqualifies me. So, why should she be given a shot at a half mil. from an exclusive female club that excludes males? Answer--she shouldn't. It's sexist and it's unfair and it's patronizing.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 02:07 PM   #31
fish2

Send a message via AIM to fish2

I see your point now. thats a good point I never thought of it like that
Old 02-22-09, 02:31 PM   #32
Jigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2 View Post
I see your point now. thats a good point I never thought of it like that
Thanks, man. I'm glad I'm getting through to someone.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 03:08 PM   #33
Jackl

I can see it all now: A beautiful wrapped boat with female hygine product advertizing splattered all over the sides, courtesy of her sponsors!!!

JackL
Old 02-22-09, 03:32 PM   #34
JB

its win - win for Tampon huh JackL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 06:48 PM   #35
tnfisherman

if she can catch fish and earned the spot then let her
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 07:02 PM   #36
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying-----she doesn't deserve the right to try against the guys. You're not making the distinction between "qualifying" and "deserving". She indeed "qualified" according to the new rule they made so that a woman could fish the classic but she doesn't "deserve" to fish is my point. Like I said, I'll bet many of us here on the board fish a circuit that's tougher than the BASS women's tour. I'm not *****ing at her. She's done nothing wrong. My complaint is with whoever made the rule to let her in in the first place. What it took her to get in pales compared to what it takes for the others to qualify in my opinion. Let her qualify like everyone else. Don't make an exception for her because she's female and fishes an exclusive female circuit that the men can't fish. Shoot, I'd like to fish the women's BASS circuit. Would they let me in? No. I've got this thing between my legs that disqualifies me. So, why should she be given a shot at a half mil. from an exclusive female club that excludes males? Answer--she shouldn't. It's sexist and it's unfair and it's patronizing.
So what's new about that? For as long as I can remember, girl's sports were solely for girls. Guys couldn't join no matter what. But there are cases when girls and their parents went to court in order to have the right to play on a boys sports team. I've seen it in high school football, and baseball.
Old 02-22-09, 08:29 PM   #37
aikenyounggun

yeah last year winnig angler gets a free ride.... then the elite guys qualify ... i think like top 40.... then there is a couple from the opens.... like 6 from the federation.... and one from the weekend series.....

i liked the idea of her being in the classic... you got to realize that we have to grow the sport and she got interviews on CNN and stuff..... yeah its not as hard to qualify but it aint no walk in the park.... for example pam martin wells finished like 20th in the the first open.... she had ti beat all the women that can and fish the opens and other tournametns......

you all have to realize that we have to grow the sport..... i wear my strike king laniard (necklace for my badge at school) and my badge from last years classic at school so all the kids at school ak me and i tell them about me fishing the tournaments..... i also wear my quantum hat and tell people about it..... we have to grow the sport

i still dont understand why the women dont do as good.... fish dont care who holding the rod...... i think after they get as much experience as the men they will be able to win
Old 02-22-09, 09:02 PM   #38
bamabassman

joel, that is the point i am making. if it is a non contact sport. then there should be NO gender biasness. let each and every person inter the contest. whoever wins, goes to the next round, losers....go home and try again next year. and yes i too have had girls ona football team (2). 5-7 yrs olds. they only played for 1 year. but hey, if the parents want em to play, i let em play (coached for 10 yrs). but i told em that it is a hard hitting game, they understood. did i take care of the girls out there? to a cartain degree yes. for instance...we played another team, when they found out we had the 2 girls on our team, they tried to take em out. i told my 4 best players to protect em and they did. see, the other team was trying to cheap shot the girls and stuff. i told their coach to make stop playing dirty (we were beating em by 4 td's). he took offense to it, so.....we got em back. tookout their qb. they stopped real quick then. and played fair afterward.
but i drift away... fishing is a sport that BOTH genders can compete on a even scale. fish on i say, and may the BEST one win.
Old 02-22-09, 09:45 PM   #39
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
joel, that is the point i am making. if it is a non contact sport. then there should be NO gender biasness. let each and every person inter the contest. whoever wins, goes to the next round, losers....go home and try again next year. and yes i too have had girls ona football team (2). 5-7 yrs olds. they only played for 1 year. but hey, if the parents want em to play, i let em play (coached for 10 yrs). but i told em that it is a hard hitting game, they understood. did i take care of the girls out there? to a cartain degree yes. for instance...we played another team, when they found out we had the 2 girls on our team, they tried to take em out. i told my 4 best players to protect em and they did. see, the other team was trying to cheap shot the girls and stuff. i told their coach to make stop playing dirty (we were beating em by 4 td's). he took offense to it, so.....we got em back. tookout their qb. they stopped real quick then. and played fair afterward.
but i drift away... fishing is a sport that BOTH genders can compete on a even scale. fish on i say, and may the BEST one win.
I made this very point in my 1st post. Bass fishing isn't a power sport. One's equipment will level the field. it's the angler that makes the difference.

The fact that there is a woman in the field only increases the over all appeal of the sport which is a win win situation for everyone.
Old 02-22-09, 09:48 PM   #40
bamabassman

i am agreeing with cha pal. totally! sex sells right? get a sexy lady that can fish.......oooooooooohhhhhhhhh man. training the mrs now, hehehehe.
Old 02-22-09, 11:10 PM   #41
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i am agreeing with cha pal. totally! sex sells right? get a sexy lady that can fish.......oooooooooohhhhhhhhh man. training the mrs now, hehehehe.
get a sexy lady that can fish.......oooooooooohhhhhhhhh man
Old 02-23-09, 12:27 AM   #42
bassackwards

if they can just get her to wear a two pece when she fishing i would buy whatever shes selling
bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 01:20 AM   #43
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
I agree!

As Jack Black said, "it's a long way to the top if ya wanna rock 'n' roll"

But in this case, it's along way to the top if wanna fish pro!

btw jigger look at my spinnerbait classic thread
They really should teach Rock history in school, that was an AC/DC song before Jack Black alluded to it in film. Just wanted to correct that because, after all, its bloody important.

As for the lady, I think what should have happened, happened. Yea we can cry about how she had an easier road, but all she won was the ability to get stomped in the classic when she got there. And should a women someday make it to the classic and actually win, well, she still won the tourney? Did she not?
Old 02-23-09, 11:52 AM   #44
Lilmoosecountry

She should have never been allowed. I 'm not sextist. My problem with it is they need to intergrated with the men. How a person can call themselves a pro & only compete in 4 tournaments a year in the first place. I don't get that. But to qualify for bassmasters in the first based on only 4 tornaments. They need to compete with the men on the schedule in order to qaulify. But thatz how i see it
Old 02-23-09, 02:49 PM   #45
Lilmoosecountry

Did you see who her sponsor was. Many pro's give out product samples. So how much Sweet beavor & Dirty Sanchez did she give out.
Old 02-23-09, 03:08 PM   #46
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Did you see who her sponsor was. Many pro's give out product samples. So how much Sweet beavor & Dirty Sanchez did she give out.

Plenty to the company's owner. It's her husband.
She qualified thru the avenue open to her, so yes she should have been there. I only wish she would have done better, nothing wrong with a little attention to the sport.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 03:33 PM   #47
carolina-rig-01

we just got back from the classic at 4:00 this morning so this is the first time i saw this post. yes she should be there! B.A.S.S. laid down the qualifications for the women bassmaster trail and she qualified, end of story. i heard moron bernie shultz say that she shouldn't be there because she was awarded the oppertunity, well couldn't the same thing be said about him or anyone else who qualified?

by the way 2 different times at the classic we bumped into kim bain and she was more than willing to talk and was very nice, the second time she was actually fishing down a bank that we were standing on watching her. very nice lady and the amount of fan support for her at the classic was amazing.
Old 02-23-09, 03:55 PM   #48
MississippiBoy

I forgot you were there, Kory. I would've been looking for you if I'd remembered.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 04:37 PM   #49
carolina-rig-01

were are in a few of the pics of the day one launch but it would be hard for me to point us out in the crowd, the only way i could see us is becuse we were on the front row and britneys white coat stood out in the crowd.
Old 02-23-09, 05:33 PM   #50
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Plenty to the company's owner. It's her husband.
She qualified thru the avenue open to her, so yes she should have been there. I only wish she would have done better, nothing wrong with a little attention to the sport.
Well if he ever had a hard time with what i said all he has to do is look at the names he places on his baits. I was using a dirty sanchez 2 weeks ago. My 8 yr old daughtor whoom i'm grooming to be a fishermen asked me the name of this bait. I could'nt tell her it was'nt right. Just like the names he places on his products are'nt right. This is a family sport. I won't let my daughtor use his bait. I for sure won'nt buy any more. I grabbed a bag at Dicks & said these look good. But after i got home i about had a fit when read what they were called Dirty Sanchez.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.