Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-06, 08:22 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default 3 10lb + Bass in the last three days

Yes it's true, so if you choose not to believe me now is the time to stop reading. I caught a 10.53 lb bass tuesday on Wildcat lake using a shiner Yeah I did cheat on it, and believe it or not I felt real guilty. But I went back today, and yes I caught 2, count them 2 over 10lbs on Flukes today The first one was 10.83lbs, and the second one was 11.27lbs
by using the Bassfishin.com fish calculator I will be posting pics of the two I caught today on the BIG BASS TOURNEY board, and the one I caught on the shiner in a seperate post. Yes I got my Drivers license in the photo, and took as many pics as I could. The one I caught on the shiner I had another boat real close that took my pic holding it up, while today there wasn't anyone around, so I took one of me with the fish head right next to me, the best I could with holding the fish, and taking a pic Anyway not sure if I'm gonna sleep tonight or not, but it's a real GREAT FEELING All the Bass were released, especially since it a catch and release only lake anyways.

Lizards
Old 02-02-06, 08:47 PM   #2
JB

WTG lizards

man thats awesome! I was just wondering the other day how indy compared to fla...guess we all know the answer to that one!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 08:52 PM   #3
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

3-10+ is incredible..but not unbelievable.if anyone could do that it would be you.you have learned well grasshopper...now go do that in a tourney..
Old 02-02-06, 08:54 PM   #4
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

That is AWESOME Lizzards. Sure wish I coulda been there with ya. Congrats.
Old 02-02-06, 09:03 PM   #5
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

That is really cool man, wish i couldve been there to see that. You got a real good chance at winning the big bass tourney with them.
Old 02-02-06, 09:07 PM   #6
Marty

Thumbs up

Just like Indiana, huh?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 09:18 PM   #7
skeeter944

nice,i wish we had bass that big in my ponds!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 09:47 PM   #8
Christopherkeene9

That is why we live in Florida, even though I haven't found my big boy yet!!

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 10:42 PM   #9
Rebbasser

Ah, grasshopper, you have done well. You have snatched the pebble from the master's hand.

WTG LIZARDS!

A 10 pounder is rare enough, but to catch 2 on the same day? What are the odds? Congrats on the pair of hevyweights! Or should I say trio?
Old 02-02-06, 11:22 PM   #10
Fishie

Well time to throw in the towell if you aint full of it... which I doubt you are.
Don't think I will bring anything in that big. Way to go! Lizards you have paid your dues. Wish I could get down there. Looks like I will go for smallmouths....
or the random...Rod you got some work to do..lol
Old 02-03-06, 12:19 AM   #11
lizardsrule

Thanks guys, it really is just AWESOME. No the fish in Indiana just doesn't compare. I just emailed the shiner bass to Reb, hopefully he won't get to mad and not post the pics. The ohter 2 bigger ones should hopefully be emailed tommorrow to him if he doesn't mind of course. I truly couldn't believe it myself today. I called my dad right after the first one on the fluke, and then called him back within a hour for the second and biggest one yet. He was awful jealous hehe. I really hope everyone catches one that big, it really is just friggin AWESOME.

JB,

Well you already know about the fishing difference from the sizes. But to me the biggest difference so far is all the thick, knarly vegetation around here, and most of the LAKES are nothing more than a bowl, it's not easy getting to the fish to say the least. It's ten feet at a lot of the weedbed edges, and all the fish are back in the weeds, and it's nearly impossible in many places to get the lure to the fish.

Lizards
Old 02-03-06, 12:22 AM   #12
WTL

Lizards, this post made my day...I can only imagine how psyched you are. I still remember posting a map of lake Ida, way back when you were a newb. WTG.
Old 02-03-06, 02:07 PM   #13
Rodman_Rob

what color fluke? Where did ya get the shiners from? Wigglers on 40? Next time you're in there tell Charlie I said hi, been awhile since I've been in there.

glad you didn't take my advice and go fishing elsewhere, lol. can't wait to see the pics.

wait a minute, I'm gonna have to call BS! You can't get cell service out there so how did you call your dad? lol, just messing with ya.
Old 02-03-06, 02:39 PM   #14
Rebbasser

Here you go, Lizards:

The 10.53

Here's the other 2-not sure which is which:

Old 02-03-06, 03:41 PM   #15
WTL

Lizards, did you get any good measurements on camera for sake of the big bass tourney?

If those are the best pics, well its obvious that you didn't expect such a big bass so I guess someone will have to take the golden rule pic, blow it up and extrapolate the length...I've done it before and it can be done so its accurate for the most part to an inch. Actually I can see that you have a pic near a white tape next to the livewell, the only problem is the darn fish is covering almost the whole thing up. Could you post a pic of the ruler without the fish so we know the length? Don't know about the girth, but those babies are fat and ready to spawn. Were you sightfishing or just casting to holes or what? What type of grass? How far back in there?

BTW, ya need to clean the boat up!
Old 02-03-06, 04:06 PM   #16
CreekGeek22
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Holy cow Bat Man!! Those are some hawgs! You rock! I think I saw one that size in the coal pit the last time I was there....yeah right!
Awesome, totally awesome!
CreekGeek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 04:31 PM   #17
bassinbob

Totaly fantastic. Congrats buddy. At least you got them on film. I never go without a camera anymore. It's a lesson I learned the hard way.

Bob
Old 02-03-06, 06:00 PM   #18
lizardsrule

ARRGGG, that's 3 times in the last 2 days I typed up a long post, and it disappeared. Really ticks me off.

WTL, yes I can take more pics of the tape, but the pics I have are a lot clearer. So if you pm me your email address I'll send them to you, the golden ruler is 18" I must admit trying to take a pic on a boat by yourself, and trying to positiong a big ole bass by yourself isn't easy. I guess you can always go back to my previous weigh in's and read the tape there, and calculate it by that. It's a Fish Stick that has been mounted for awhile and is what I have used in every tourney on this forum. I understand folks not wanting to believe it, but I can assure you I don't care about the tourney, who here thinks I need more baits LMAO. I'm happy just to have caught them.

Rob,

No it wasn't Wigglers(I have bought some there though), I picked up the shiners in Palatka for the shiner bass, on my way down from St Augustine. I fished Rodman 2 times, for half a day. Sat I completely detroyed my trolling motor on a tree, laying down under water(had to buy a new one), caught 2 fish 1 small bass, and 1 large barrel fish. Sunday went back again, and only caught 1 midsized bass. I have verizon for cell service, and I do get cell service thereat Wilcat(not on Rodman though) my dad has something else and he can't get out on Wildcat. The Fluke was a Fin-S Fish from www.Lunkercity.com in the color of Alewife. Make sure to match it up with their 5/0 Texposer hooks. They fit them better than any other hooks. They are somewhat flimsy, but obviously worked LOL.

Lizards
Old 02-03-06, 06:11 PM   #19
Christopherkeene9

Did you sign up for the big catch recognition program. Its on http://www.myfwc.com. Got one for a blugill, haven't gotten my bass one yet.

Chris

Oh yeah by the way stellar catch.
Old 02-03-06, 06:15 PM   #20
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherkeene9
Did you sign up for the big catch recognition program. Its on http://www.myfwc.com. Got one for a blugill, haven't gotten my bass one yet.

Chris

Oh yeah by the way stellar catch.
Nope, I thought about sending in the shiner pic to B.A.S.S., since it shows me holding the fish, but I'm not looking for notoriety, I just want to be the best Bass fisherman I can possibly be.

Lizards
Old 02-03-06, 06:53 PM   #21
Christopherkeene9

They send you a cool certficate and window sticker. And you can get one for each and after I believe 5 you get something. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Chris
Old 02-03-06, 06:54 PM   #22
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'm guessing 22 inches(+/-1 inch) on the fish next to the golden rule, am I right? Man, those are some SERIOUSLY nice fish..awesome that you were able to pull in three big ladies like that. Whats crazy is that we have to catch a LM that big here in Kentucky for it to be considered a "trophy". How often ya think that happens??? lol
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 07:08 PM   #23
WTL

Lizards, I believe you 110%, theres no doubt the bass is that big. But the tourney has rules that we all must stick to. I know its tough handling a fish that large so theres no way I am saying we should disqualify it from the competition just cause the pics coulda been a bit clearer. That is a fish that if it is beaten, will only be beaten by ounces so we must have a definitive, accuratly derived number. Meaning that someone will have to take a look at the pics, blown up, to just make sure. Its more a procedural thing that we must go through in good faith I believe.
Old 02-03-06, 07:27 PM   #24
pig n jig

Leapin' Lizards, Umm , so you graduated from your Shimanos and got a real reel to handle big fish ? I owed you that, that's a very sick joke having Reb post 3 awesome fish when I am stranded in a drab winter phase where the Bass season is closed. Congrats on the catch. I could never catch 3 like that in my lifetime let alone in three days. Please don't tell me you act like Mike Iconelli ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-06, 07:33 PM   #25
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Lizards, I believe you 110%, theres no doubt the bass is that big. But the tourney has rules that we all must stick to. I know its tough handling a fish that large so theres no way I am saying we should disqualify it from the competition just cause the pics coulda been a bit clearer. That is a fish that if it is beaten, will only be beaten by ounces so we must have a definitive, accuratly derived number. Meaning that someone will have to take a look at the pics, blown up, to just make sure. Its more a procedural thing that we must go through in good faith I believe.
I can send pictures directly to Kevin, Rebasser, Zooker, whoever is making the determination. I have no doubt that looking at the originals they will certify it. The fish shown with the weeds on the boat was 26" L X 20" G, the second fluke fish was 26.5" L X 18.5" G, and finally the shiner fish was 26.5" L X 18" G. When inputting this info into the fish calculator the sizes are 11.27lbs, 10.83lbs, and 10.53lbs. I'm just happy to catch them, so now if I win OK, but not important to ME The fact that I did, and hopefully will do it again is all I need. If it was a tourney, then everyone would still have a hard time believing it, when they were weighed in. I agree with the rules, and have no problem with them. Guess it all comes down to who does believe me or who doesn't. The fact remains that those who are good with computers can make up anything they want to look real, just look at JB's posts periodically. So there you have it, if they want originals, so be it, if not, then what else can I say. Anyone who has any clue can look at the fish and see they are Hawgs, that's easy.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.