Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-13-07, 08:33 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default a tip for c-rigging

this is a tip i am sure a lot of you guys know about but i thought it might help some of the guys struggling with a caroling rig. instead of the swivel bead and sinker above you bait, try this. in the place you would put your sinker tie a jig and pig with a palamor knot, leave a long tag end and then tie your worm or whatever to the end of that. the jig will act as a sinker and you have another bait to git bit. basically you are fishing two baits at once and i can say from experience it will work. i have caught about as many on the jig as i have the worm or lizzard doing this. plus it is legal in tournies because they set rules on how many rods you can use at a time but say nothing about how many baits. i read of this after a pro (forgot which one) was having problems with fish hitting his sinker on a c-rig and not getting the bait. if you ever have this problem i would suggest giving this a try, you might catch fish you would never have caught otherwise. just thought this could help some of guys gain confidence in a carolina rig because i know it can be a tough presentation to get confidence in.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 11:13 PM   #2
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Never thought about that, good idea. I know people do that w/ the dropshot, but never thought of the c-rig.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-07, 12:03 AM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That IS a good icea, C-rig. I'll tuck that one away for future reference.
Old 01-14-07, 10:19 AM   #4
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

that is a good technique, but when i used it i had trouble with fish biting the plastic bait and not being able to feel them with the weight of the jig. So, what i do is keep the swivel, and replace the weight and beads with the jig. Just run the line through the eye of the jig as you would through the weight. That way you still have the line slide freely with a fish eats the plastic. Also, you can still feel the jig bite 99% of the time 'cuz the swivel holds the line against the jig when being pulled away from you (when the fish swims with it)
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-07, 04:36 PM   #5
commanche
BassFishin.Com Active Member

you want your jig or whatever you use to run freely on the line, like sinker..if you dont, the bass will feel the weight and spit out your jig etc..

problem at times is the bass will hold onto it longer and usually heads toward you, dont ask me why..

so, you have to feel more on if you have fish on or not..

also, i bend the BARB down on hook.if not, that bass is going to swallow it and barb will kill the bass..

on all baits i use,i bend the BARB down..i seen so many dead fish over years from BARB on hook..i can get a hook out of bass by going in thu the gills with fine needle nose pliers and get that hook out of guts..

you wont do this with a barbed hook..get word out, bend those barbs down, thanks..
commanche is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.