Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-09-09, 01:19 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default A new plastic rigging....At least for me

I paid my monthly dues to the bait monkey on Friday. While I was there, the guy ringing me out noticed the packs of trick worms and asked if I had used the Hedicki Rig (No clue if spelling is even close) which is sometimes called the D!*k rig.

The rig is very easy to tie on and was deadly for me. It is really just a modified wacky rig. Take one of the longer (I was using 6 1/2 ") trickworms put a nailweight in the nose and wacky rig it half way between the nose and hump. It is best done with a circle hook since it is easier to bury back into the bait to be weightless.

I played around with various retrieves and pretty much all of them worked for fish.

I figured I would pass it on.
Old 08-09-09, 05:32 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Any pics? Sounds similar to the Nekko or Necco rig I think.

BB
Old 08-09-09, 09:20 PM   #3
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Ya, like BigB said, sounds like a neeko rig to me. I've to use it, but it seem deadly!
that post was ABSOLUTELY necessary...i sure am glad you posted it. i am glad you posted all 2,500 of your ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY posts!!!

go fish, get a job, get a gf, do SOMETHING besides staying on bassfishin.com all frickin day.
Old 08-09-09, 09:41 PM   #4
BigBassin144

I'm a dumbazz (and really tired)

But that was still unnecessary and quite hypocritical spro...

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 08-09-09 at 09:53 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 09:50 PM   #5
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I was actually only on about an hour or so today. A bit in the morning before I went fishing for about half an hour, and then went to Detroit to get some parts for my Mustang. then I was on a bit more after I got home. Tomarrow I'm going to my job which I'd work at more, but because I'm a minor, I can't work overtime.

And honestly, I don't see how my post was unnecessary. I was simply asking if he had a picture of the rig because I thought it sounded very fimiliar to another rig I learned recently.

So maybe before you make smart azz comments, you should get your facts straight.

BB
RUT--RO BIGBASSIN144
Old 08-09-09, 09:51 PM   #6
MississippiBoy

He wasn't talking to you, BB.

He was talking to the NEW BB.
Old 08-09-09, 09:55 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
RUT--RO BIGBASSIN144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
He wasn't talking to you, BB.

He was talking to the NEW BB.
This is what I like to call a Dumb Sh1t Attack. I happens to me quite a bit believe it or not, lol.

thanks for catching that one for me daniel.

BB
Old 08-09-09, 09:59 PM   #8
cassidyta

I will take a pic of it for you. It is similar to a Neko, but the hook goes on the head side rather than the tail side. This presentation makes more of a verticle wacky worm look.
Old 08-09-09, 10:05 PM   #9
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I'm a dumbazz (and really tired)

But that was still unnecessary and quite hypocritical spro...

BB
well i get quite tired of seeing him post stupid crap. he recomends stuff hes never used, talks about fishing stuff he never fishes...and HAS to post on everything...even if someone else has said it already he HAS to say it again...i think he just wants to look like he knows wut hes talking abt.

if you couldnt already tell, i am also VERY tired. worked 16 hours 59 minutes and 13 seconds STRAIGHT yesterday!!! lol
Old 08-09-09, 10:20 PM   #10
cassidyta

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00069-20090809-1909.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	4050

Here is a pic for you. I also made a video of it in the pool just now. I just have to figure out where to host it.

I use a small circle/drop shot style hook near the head.
Old 08-09-09, 10:25 PM   #11
BigBassin144

nice, looks like it would move like a cross between a wacky rig and a shaky head. I'll have to give it a try. The fish at the local reservoir just love anything wacky rigged.

BB
Old 08-09-09, 10:39 PM   #12
cassidyta

I tried it on different floating worms, but I really liked the action on the trick worm more than the others.

Here is a quick video of it in the pool. Sorry about the quality, it is a camera phone video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mt5aFia4n4
Old 08-09-09, 10:44 PM   #13
bamabassman

ok now, forgive me for asking this...but, am i the only one that thinks the hook is too small? or am i over thinking? for real. it just seems too small to me. of course i have not tried it, so i am wondering. not doubting you cass. just that it looks a little small for a worm the long.
Old 08-09-09, 10:52 PM   #14
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I tried it on different floating worms, but I really liked the action on the trick worm more than the others.

Here is a quick video of it in the pool. Sorry about the quality, it is a camera phone video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mt5aFia4n4
Quality isn't too bad. It does kind of have the action of a shaky head without the jig to hang up on weeds. I'll definately give it a try next time I go out.

BB
Old 08-09-09, 11:22 PM   #15
nybass1
BassFishin.Com Member

Bama i was thinking the same thing. It seems like there might be too much worm and not enough hook for a solid hook set. Like you said though i dont no wat the rigs like though
nybass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 11:40 PM   #16
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
ok now, forgive me for asking this...but, am i the only one that thinks the hook is too small? or am i over thinking? for real. it just seems too small to me. of course i have not tried it, so i am wondering. not doubting you cass. just that it looks a little small for a worm the long.

Bama,

I actually thought that myself, but the larger hook changed the action too much. I am sure that a larger hook might add to hook ups, but I can say that I did not miss any strikes on it.
Old 08-10-09, 12:23 AM   #17
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

#3,4, or 5B_B likes. What size hook is that Cass?
Old 08-10-09, 07:19 AM   #18
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The hook seems a little small, but it's also unobtrusive being that size. With even a little action inparted to the worm with the rig, the head end will move more than the tail and may be targeting itself in that manner. The fish will probably hit from the head end where most of the initial action is and will be taken fairly deep if the fisherman is inattentive. Paying attention and being a good line watcher will help avoid gut hooking in my opinion.

Thanks for posting, Cassidyta
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 08:47 AM   #19
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Great job on the video cass! The action looks awesome!
Old 08-10-09, 09:49 AM   #20
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin spro View Post
well i get quite tired of seeing him post stupid crap. he recomends stuff hes never used, talks about fishing stuff he never fishes...and HAS to post on everything...even if someone else has said it already he HAS to say it again...i think he just wants to look like he knows wut hes talking abt.

if you couldnt already tell, i am also VERY tired. worked 16 hours 59 minutes and 13 seconds STRAIGHT yesterday!!! lol
I understand...I fished 15 hours yesterday (doesn't include loading, unloading, and 3 hours driving) in the blazing hot sun (I almost look like a lobster now hehe), so I was a little cranky when I read this thread...so I put the mouse down, and went to bed.

Now that I'm more rested, I will address this. Spro...cut the kid some slack. Remember he is a kid, after all. If the worst thing he ever does is get over-enthusiastic and post too much (who decides how much is too much? ) and commit spelling and grammar FELONIES (Boss...you really need to work on that...you're killin' me! haha), I think we're all gonna be just fine. I know I'm gonna get over it lol. Play nice...be the adult here.

Anyways...thanks for giving me the opportunity be a postw hore and jack up my count by one more hahaha.
Old 08-10-09, 10:14 AM   #21
Bassboss

Wow cass that looks amazing, crazy action! Where you using cast or spinning tackle? I'm gonna have to go get some more trick worms.

ps - sorry about that other post... you're right, it was 100% unnecessary. I deleted it.
Old 08-10-09, 10:53 AM   #22
cassidyta

For the video I was using an ultralight spinning rig with 4lbs test. When I was using it this weekend, I threw it on a 7 foot spinning rig with 6lbs.

Bubba, I honestly do not know what size hook that was. I have mine sorted by relative size and simply grabbed one from the samll hook section of the divider.

Mac2- I did find that I was more prone to gut hooking with the small hook. But I also find that the smaller hooks remove much easier when I do gut hook. Almost all of my small hooks are barbless simply because of gut hook concerns.
Old 08-10-09, 09:01 PM   #23
bamabassman

thank you cass. i believer you buddy.
Old 08-10-09, 09:03 PM   #24
BigBassin144

I tried it in my pond tonight, but because I don't have any floating worms, it hopped nicely, then fell sideways, lol. I'll have to pick up some trick worms or elaztech finesse worms next time I go to the store.

BB
Old 08-11-09, 07:54 AM   #25
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cass, about the hook size....I think it's the perfect size for the rig and will work extremely well, just a little prone to gut hook if not alertly attended. I used to use a small hook similar to that when fishing live bait (crawlers) and finally gave it up as I was gut hooking quite a few. Another rig was shown to me by Bender with a ball bearing swivel up the line a foot and a half, no weight in the worm, but hooked in the hump. The swivel serves as the weight on his rig and he's found it to be very effective as well.... Glad to see you go barbless, I mash my barbs halfway on almost all my rigs.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.