Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-08-04, 12:05 PM   #1
Gregs
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Gregs
Default i wanna ask!!!

hey i wanna know if u can fish the zoom trick worms for wacky rig? or what is the best way to fish the zoom trick worms
Gregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-04, 12:14 PM   #2
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: i wanna ask!!!

I have fished them wacky rig, but the best way I have foun dis fishing them weightless with a slight jerking action.

In case you don't know how, what you do is put it on a leader about 12-18 inches long attached with a barrel swivel. That way your line won't twist when the worm twists in the water. And believe me, the worm does twist while you are reeling it in.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-04, 12:30 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

The above 2 methods are the main ways I fish a trickworm.

BB, to make that jerkworm even more lively rig it so there is a kink in the worm, where it does not hang straight. It really looks great in the water when you rig it like that, and you are so right about needing a swivel.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-04, 01:23 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i use o-rings on my wacky rigged trick worm. but other than that. what they said

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 11:45 AM   #5
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Worm_King

[quote author=zooker link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#3 date=08/08/04 at 12:23:43]i use o-rings on my wacky rigged trick worm. but other than that. what they said

zooker [/quote]

Zooker inform us less intelligent anglers what you use the o-rings for and how you use them on a wacky rig. To me O rings are rubber seals for like oil lines and stuff or are you talking about another kind of swivel?
Worm_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-04, 06:05 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

oh unwise heathen
i use a o-ring like you find in any hardware store. black rubber o-ring size 16 for 5 " senko. on a trick worm i can't remember the size. i went through a bunch to find the right one. just find one that is snug. slid the o-ring to the middle of the worm put circle hook through the o-ring not in the worm. fish as normal.i use 7.5 " senko's at a buck apiece it get's tad expensive. i use o-rings anit messed up the worm yet i have caught 12 bass on it.

remember to bow and back from the room......

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 08-10-04, 09:35 AM   #7
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

On hands and knees bowing to the almighty Zooker, the all powerfull bass angler and creator of the Zook-N-Stein!!! Great idea I'm going to have to try that. I work for a company that supplies O-rings to the airline industry. Well at least for the next two weeks. We've got more than you can imagine in our warehouse. I'll have to see if I can't get my hands on some freebies before I leave. Any chance you know what size your using? If I can land some I'll send you a bunch.
Old 08-10-04, 09:53 AM   #8
jeff_in_roch
BassFishin.Com Member

Hell strap, put a Senko in your pocket and take it to work with you. when nobody is looking , expose said Senko and insert into various O-rings until appropriate size is found, dont act suspicious, they will think you're doing something perverted.
jeff_in_roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 11:16 AM   #9
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

Only problem with that Jag is that I work on site at one of our customers and don't have access to any of the goods. I'm in Indy and the goods are in Connecticut. I can measure them though and have somebody at the home office get me some. ;D ;D ;D
Old 08-10-04, 06:07 PM   #10
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=Strap link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#8 date=08/10/04 at 10:16:06]Only problem with that Jag is that I work on site at one of our customers and don't have access to any of the goods. I'm in Indy and the goods are in Connecticut. I can measure them though and have somebody at the home office get me some. ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

I didn't hear any of this O-rings are real cheap, and you can buy them at the hardware stores..

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 06:56 PM   #11
spinnerb8

tis a nifty idea! Would it happen to add or take away from the action of the lure?Just wonderin....
Old 08-10-04, 07:11 PM   #12
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lizards
just what hardware are you shopping i went and got some o-rings for some stogies -bassmedic stogies- at 1.34 each i hope they are worth it...i think the trick worm o-rings were 35 cents each...i have like 10-12 sizes.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 08-10-04, 07:27 PM   #13
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=zooker link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#11 date=08/10/04 at 18:11:01]lizards
just what hardware are you shopping i went and got some o-rings for some stogies -bassmedic stogies- at 1.34 each i hope they are worth it...i think the trick worm o-rings were 35 cents each...i have like 10-12 sizes.

zooker[/quote]

Tractor supply, has bulk bins, Lowe's had some, I actually haven't bouhgt any for a while. My point is exactly what you think it was. I'm a business owner, and taking things without paying is stealing, yes even o-rings.

Lizards
Old 08-10-04, 08:22 PM   #14
jeff_in_roch
BassFishin.Com Member

Awe heck Lizards, i was just joshin, i dont think anyone is gonna jeapordize their career for a handful of O-rings.
jeff_in_roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-04, 08:54 PM   #15
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Jag link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#13 date=08/10/04 at 19:22:06]Awe heck Lizards, i was just joshin, i dont think anyone is gonna jeapordize their career for a handful of O-rings.[/quote]

Well I apologize for snapping. I was sent a private message that thought I was replying to that person on this issue. Yes it's a little thing, and I probably over reacted, but I believe in what's right and wrong, and obviously you get my impression of what I think is wrong I need to get out and fish, and relieve some of the bottled up tension. I have been cranky lately, and know it. :-[ I don't want to accuse any one of anything at this point

Lizards
Old 08-10-04, 11:37 PM   #16
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

the bass gods won't let you catch fish with stolen tackle
don't know how true that is,but i don't want to find out ;D

and i'm not saying anyone is stealing...the direction of this thread just reminded me of that(don't remember who told me)
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 10:58 AM   #17
Worm_King
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#9 date=08/10/04 at 17:07:15]

I didn't hear any of this Â*O-rings are real cheap, and you can buy them at the hardware stores..

Lizards[/quote]

Didn't mean to get you all fired up Lizards. Wasn't planning on stealing them. As you can imagine airlines have pretty strict shelf life requirements for things like O-rings. Every year my company ends up throwing out old stock because they can't sell it to the airlines anymore. And since we don't sell to any other industries that could still use the product it ends up in the trash. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem letting me have some of the old stock. If they do I'll just go to the hardware store and buy some.
Old 08-20-04, 12:27 PM   #18
randycanfish
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randycanfish

[quote author=Strap link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#16 date=08/12/04 at 09:58:53]

Didn't mean to get you all fired up Lizards. Wasn't planning on stealing them. As you can imagine airlines have pretty strict shelf life requirements for things like O-rings. Every year my company ends up throwing out old stock because they can't sell it to the airlines anymore. And since we don't sell to any other industries that could still use the product it ends up in the trash. I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem letting me have some of the old stock. If they do I'll just go to the hardware store and buy some. [/quote]

i'll have to check into it but could rubber bands used for braces on small children work as well?

or some kind of small metal ring like from a keychain or something?
randycanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-04, 02:17 PM   #19
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Quote:
i'll have to check into it but could rubber bands used for braces on small children work as well?

or some kind of small metal ring like from a keychain or something?
Welcome to the forum, pretjah!

The answer to both those questions is yes. Both will work well. Naturally the split ring will be more durable since it is metal, but the rubber band will work as well.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 12:48 AM   #20
bassguy2004

I can see it now, here's strap with a senko in one hand and a micrometer in the other checking out the outside diameter for the o-ring size. ;D
Old 08-21-04, 12:51 AM   #21
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

[quote author=zooker link=board=news;num=1091977553;start=0#5 date=08/09/04 at 17:05:51]oh unwise heathen

remember to bow and back from the room......

zooker Â* Â* [/quote]

Zook, You ain't right. ;D

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-04, 01:45 PM   #22
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i know plum disgusting anit it? i have been addicted way to long.. i was not born this way but had to work dang hard to be this way.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Old 08-21-04, 03:22 PM   #23
spinnerbaitking
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to spinnerbaitking

hey zooker be lookin over your shoulder when ya use that zook-n-stein, that rustling in the bushes is a PI with a telephoto lens capturing your secrets. ;D ;D ;D
spinnerbaitking is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.