Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-31-05, 04:58 PM   #1
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R
Default [??]Need Help!!

Well, i need some fishing advice. I have been fishing this one pond for a while now and have got it to where i know where most of the fish are, what time they like to feed, etc. Now this pond is small(5 acres) and is loaded with algae(always has been), so the state put about 10 chemical nets in the pond to gather algae, and kill it. But, about a month-a month and a half ago, they took all the nets out, for the first time. Ever since then, between me and my cousin, there has been one fish caught. Now, it has been really hot lately, and the fish don't want to move much, but we have had alot of rain the past few days and the temperature has dropped(normally when this happens the fishing gets real good). I have tried mainly slow moving spinners(seems ot work best)..and top water lures. I just don't know why this fish won't bite, and when they do bite, it's not big strikes(since they took them out, we have not be able to land one fish, except for one) I was told that a plastic worm might do the trick, but i have never had any success on them in the past at that particular pond. I could really use your advice. The only reason i can think of is that the algae has gotten really bad under the water(none on the surface) and the fish don't have much oxygen, i could really use some help. Can you give me advice on what lure's to use, and whats the deal with no bites or soft strikes.
Old 07-31-05, 07:18 PM   #2
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

I would buy a 6" black rubber worm (berkley) Then get some size 2/0, 1/0, or 1 hooks, and rig them weedless style. Cast it out, and let it sit. Then about 11 seconds later, give it a slight jerk. Repeat. That'll catch em for ya
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-05, 07:54 PM   #3
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R

well i went down to the pond today..just shore fishing..and in 20 minutes i caught 2 on a Strike King 4 1/2 oz. Light Green spinner bait...i'm telling ya they like green...and i'm not just saying that cus i caught 2 today, but in the past they really like it!!
Old 07-31-05, 08:55 PM   #4
NJRapala46
BassFishin.Com Member

awesome, good thing you found the "key" so to speak
NJRapala46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-05, 08:23 AM   #5
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

I Would Carolina Rig The Whole Lake. Thatll Let You Know Whats Around And What Structure They Are Around.
Old 08-01-05, 11:02 AM   #6
jordan09
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i would wacky rig a worm without weight and let it sink slowly and the twitch it now and then.
Old 08-02-05, 10:39 AM   #7
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Exclamation

buy a bomber long-a and reel for five seconds,let it stop,twitch it a couple of times and start realing again.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.