Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-05, 11:09 PM   #1
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Scott
Default Zoom?

Today at Wal-Mart I found a 48 piece Zoom lizards kit for 3 bucks, and I bought it. I was justwondering if Zoom is a good product??? If yes, what are the some of the best techniques are to fish them. (C-Rig) or T-Rig. What is the best hook to use.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 11:22 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: Zoom?

Zoom baits are probably one of the most popular soft plastics because of the variety of colors and styles, and more importantly, because they catch fish. A Zoom lizard is excellent on either a C-rig or a T-rig. I use one on a C-rig more than a T-rig. For hooks I like a 3/0 or 4/0 offset shank worm hook. Some folks like an EWG hook, but I like to reserve the wide gap hooks for bulky creature baits like a Zoom Brush Hog or a Zoom Horny Toad.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-05, 11:23 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i love zoom ;D especially their trick worms in black. i like to t-rig them but u can do watever u want with them.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-05, 01:43 AM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=rrw4258 link=board=news;num=1110679768;start=0#0 date=03/12/05 at 21:09:28]Today at Wal-Mart I found a 48 piece Zoom lizards kit for 3 bucks, and I bought it. I was justwondering if Zoom is a good product??? If yes, what are the some of the best techniques are to fish them. (C-Rig) or T-Rig. What is the best hook to use.[/quote]

A man who knows what to buy ;D Actually the Zoom 6" all Black Lizard is my go to bait. I fish them weightless t-rigged mostly with a 2/0 or 3/0 widegap offset hook(Owner preferrably). Zoom is available just about everywhere, so you can usually find them easily, and for a fair price. I usually will use Snapback or Strike King 3X lizards for the c-rig's because they float a lot better. Use them hopping on top of mats like you would use a frog, fish em in lilly pads. IMO they truly excell around any wood. There just isn't a bad way to fish Lizards, except to leave them in your tackle box of course.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-05, 10:08 PM   #5
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

For all I know, Zoom may be the best-selling line of soft plastics in the country. They have a variety of popular products; the Super Fluke might be the #1 soft jerkbait. I don't fish lizards, but if I did, I'd probably buy Zoom.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-05, 10:18 PM   #6
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i agree w/ that not using lizards thing, i've almost never caught anything on one. But ZOOM is a good company. I would add some more scent to them though cuz they don't have too much

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.