Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-13-05, 02:46 PM   #1
weidner21
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to weidner21 Send a message via Yahoo to weidner21
Default zoom super hog

Has anyone fished with the zoom super hog if so how did u like them.... I picked up a pack to try out and was just wondering how u guys liked them.
weidner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-05, 04:13 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I haven't seen them yet other than the ads for them. If you get a chance to fish them, give us a report-I'll be interested to see how they work.
Old 08-14-05, 12:16 AM   #3
lokust
BassFishin.Com Member

I got some in watermelon/back fleck. I fished them only once so far. But I did catch an nice smallie, Not huge but nice.

I fished it t-rigged with an 1/8th oz weight.

-Chris
Old 08-14-05, 06:04 AM   #4
zooker

lokust-
a zoom super hawg catching a smalie?? dout it .....the new zoom super hog is a very large very thick bait.a zoom bush hog is a tad over the top for this area. if you are not fishing an area slamed with 5+pound bass you ,might as well not even use it. i know for a fact that a smallie would have a very diffacult time gettin 1/2 of the super hawg in it's mouth..

weider
make sure you either texaspose it or use a 6/0 super braid hook -gammy's- use the heaviest action rod you own . they are a royal pain to get a soild hook set. specialy with smaller 2-3 pound bass.

zooker
Old 08-14-05, 06:12 AM   #5
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey zook wasup buddy. Man I gotta let the cat outta the bag. Take them their zoom brush hogs be it the super or the regular size, fish it with NO weight around the structure you are fishin and remeber this is the secret ....Fish it kinda like a spook....snap your rod one way then another so the bait darts allover BUT slower than you would a spook. I have already caught some VERY respectable fish using this method. YES its slow but the results are worth it.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-05, 11:35 AM   #6
lokust
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
lokust-
a zoom super hawg catching a smalie?? dout it .....the new zoom super hog is a very large very thick bait.a zoom bush hog is a tad over the top for this area. if you are not fishing an area slamed with 5+pound bass you ,might as well not even use it. i know for a fact that a smallie would have a very diffacult time gettin 1/2 of the super hawg in it's mouth..

zooker
A Super Hog is not that large of a bait, It is a hair bigger then a baby brush hog.

See, It is not as large and thick as you describe. And I in fact have caught a smallmouth on the super hog.

I caught smallies on a baby paca craw, Which I think has a larger profile then the super hog.

Sorry to burst your bubble my friend.
-Chris
Old 08-14-05, 02:34 PM   #7
Curado
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I like the super hog very well so far. I picked up a pack of watermelon red recently and I've caught a few T-riggin with a 1/8 oz. weight. I also tried it C-riggin and I've caught 2.
Old 08-14-05, 03:03 PM   #8
basscatcher03

Send a message via AIM to basscatcher03

i like it toi t rig it
Old 08-14-05, 03:27 PM   #9
lizardsrule

I like the Yum Soooie a little better. It has a tube type end(tentacles) in stead of the twin tails, and it has arms more like a lizard.

Lizards
Old 08-14-05, 04:09 PM   #10
Rodman_Rob

i like the sooie as well but still haven't caught fish with it, don't think it was the bait, jsut those slow kind of days.
Old 08-14-05, 08:28 PM   #11
Rebbasser

Quote:
It has a tube type end(tentacles) in stead of the twin tails
That is what I really like about a Yum Sooie-it is solid but still resembles a tube.
Old 08-14-05, 11:21 PM   #12
haynesn12
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to haynesn12

ok if i can catch a tiny small mouth(not even 12 inches) on a normal size brush hog then it should be easier on a super hog. some fish just tend to be aggresive
Old 08-15-05, 12:57 AM   #13
lokust
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
weider
make sure you either texaspose it or use a 6/0 super braid hook -gammy's- use the heaviest action rod you own . they are a royal pain to get a soild hook set. specialy with smaller 2-3 pound bass.

zooker
Dude, I just read this part of your post, As it was Intended for Weidner.
Are you kidding? a 6/0 hook? And a heavy duty rod?

The super hog is a tad bigger then a Baby brush hog and you tell the dude to use a 6/0 hook?

Are you on the same page as us bro? They say the Super hog is inbetween a brush hog and a Baby Brush hog. But to me it is on the scale of the Baby Brush hog.

I wouldn't even use a 6/0 hook on a regular sized Brush hog. I use a 4/0. I never ever had a problem at having a decent solid hook set using a 4/0 EWG hook.

-Chris
Old 08-15-05, 04:55 AM   #14
zooker

i use a 4/0 hooks for about every thing 5/0 my pitching stick and yeah 6/0 the bigger bulker plastic's gamakatsu makes a super braid hook in 6/0 which is awesome on a fluke's and regular bush hawgs. don't really see the reason why it would not also work on the super hawg. i have rigged them in 12" lizards also.

the heavier rod just makes sense most of the time i use larger baits like super hawg or regular bush hog would be when the lake is muddy and in very thick cover -cause the bass are tight to it- hauling a bass out of a lay down tree is not very easy.

since when the hell have i ever been on the same page as you piddly assed kids i am normally 3 pages a head and intend to keep it that way..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 08-15-05 at 05:00 AM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 06:18 AM   #15
1FASTLASER

Well I gotta admit that I tend to use a larger hook than most people and zook you know why. With the regular hog I use a 5/0 Owner EWG Plus. When it comes to bringin a bass outta cover you have to use a stronger wider hook otherwise you may hook em but to haul them outta the trash is a different story and not to mention that I use a XH 7' rod made by airrus I normally will turn a lesser hook into a straight pin.
Old 08-15-05, 07:02 AM   #16
River stumps

Quote:
lokust-

weider

zooker
The super hawg does catch smallmouth. I fished it weightless on the upper nottaway river and it is a good bait. A small mouth will take just about anything that a largemouth will take ( Size wise).
River stumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-05, 07:08 AM   #17
1FASTLASER

I will agree that smallies will take any lure that you throw to them Most of the time. They are just like a largemouth they have there times when they want smaller offerings and other times you could throw a bass tub and get a hit.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.