Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-26-11, 06:08 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Spinning Reel!

I need to buy a spinning reel to go on the Powell I'm gonna buy, I love abu Garcia, but I wondered what y'all thought. I'm thinking under 60ish bucks, 71 dollars for a much greater reel will not hurt my feelings (etc). TW also has 20% off so that will help. There is also a daiwa on TW on the sale section for like 70 bucks and I have fished with some daiwa spinning reels, so I have some confidence in it.

This reel also needs to hold up for the next 5 years and have somewhat easy or no maintenance because I'll be off at college. Which also means it needs to be tough. Thanks for your opinions and ideas.
Old 11-26-11, 08:19 PM   #2
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I've always been a Shimano guy and the Sedona is a great reel around your price range but this last year I tried a Pfluegar supreme XT and it is probably my favorite spinning reel I've ever fished with. I've heard the Pfluegar President is a great reel also and is right in your price range, you might want to check one out if you can.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-11, 09:27 PM   #3
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Just a heads up... Daiwa spinning reels are slow... just something to keep in mind.

Personally, I'd nab this while it's still available, just leave one for me ok!

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_G...age-AGC5I.html
Old 11-27-11, 10:58 AM   #4
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Dick's cyber monday=25% off any one item.
Old 11-27-11, 12:29 PM   #5
OkobojiEagle
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Bass fishing = 2000 size, rigid metal body (metal side plate optional), metal gears, metal spool, multi-disc drag stack, easy to access BEARING SUPPORTED line roller.

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 12:59 PM   #6
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Just a heads up... Daiwa spinning reels are slow... just something to keep in mind.

Personally, I'd nab this while it's still available, just leave one for me ok!

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_Cardinal_503_ALBi_Spinning_Reels/descpage-AGC5I.html
That 503 ALB reel is one fine reel. I have one and love it. It's built like a tank. However, some people don't care for the shape and say that it doesn't balance well for them. I also have a Revo Premier spinning reel in the same size and it's shape is a little more comfortable to use, but just a bit. Now one other reel that is very good quality and is also on sale now is the Pfluger president. I have a president in the 1000 size i use for crappie. It's a very nice reel.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...e&merchID=4005

There are probably a lot of sales going where you could get some great reels at a bargain right now, but this Pfluger and the Cardinal are hard to beat. At the same price, i would probably go with the president.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-11, 01:39 PM   #7
Crankbait

Go shimano...in the lower price bracket I think you would be happy. I have ALL Pflueger reels spinning and baitcasters. The president is a nice one. With that Gander Mountain makes a clone of this at a cheaper price.
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 12:36 PM   #8
DVT Mike

The Pflueger President spinning reel is one my number one bang-for-the-buck recommendations.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.