Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-08-11, 03:17 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Who's done it?

Anyone exchange the rear hook on thier lipless cranks with a dressed trebel like,
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...3Bcat104391180
I know Cabelas does but heard the bait is junk, why I don't know. Thinking of trading out on a few quality lipless' to try. Do you think the feathered treble will mess to much with the bait's swimming action? Just a thought.
Most everyone at some point in the season uses a lipless crank so I would think someone must. Maybe you've used Cabela's and disagree with reviews.

Last edited by joedog; 12-08-11 at 05:47 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 05:27 PM   #2
islandbass

Depending on how many feathers are dressed, the answer is yes, it could affect the action. However, with the dressed dressed you linked to, I would say no. The feathers are sparsely tied and would go well at the end of x-raps and poppers. Trying them on a lipless is IMHO something worth pursuing and experimenting.

Lastly, I want to let you know that it is cheaper to make these dressed trebles and you will have the ability to customize your colors. I made a tutorial on how I do it somewhere on here quite a while ago I think.
Old 12-08-11, 05:49 PM   #3
joedog

Island, I'll look for it.
Old 12-08-11, 05:58 PM   #4
islandbass

Joedog,

I found it, but unfortunately when I moved around the photos in my photobucket account, it "lost" the links so the photos are missing.

I will try to track down my piece on my pc at home and see if I can send it to you via pm.

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...dressed+treble
Original post.
Old 12-08-11, 08:24 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I know ol' Zooker has a whole tackle back full of dressed cranks. I know you're new here, but he was the crankbait guru here before he passed.

If for no other reason, do it cause he did. You can search it and find thread he posted in about dressed trebles.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.