Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-21-12, 07:50 PM   #26
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
About 12 miles South of Terre Haute on 41, so a few hours South of you. It was a cold ride this morning!
Ok, given I'm a few hours north and next to lake michigan, I'm guessing the the water temps are about 52 here. Another night in the mid 30's tonight won't warm things up at all. lol But I'm ready to go anyway.
Old 04-22-12, 08:01 PM   #27
Dave63
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Didn't warm it up for sure, but it didn't seem to knock it back any either.
Dave63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 07:51 AM   #28
IowaBasser

I did get a little fishing done, but the boat still is in the shed so I had to settle for walking up and down the shore-line. I caught maybe 12 bass in a combined 3 hours of fishing. 4 of them were in the 14 to 16 inch range, 4 were 12 to 14 inches and 4 were less than 12".

I would guess the wter temperature was mid 50's - the water was in the mid 60's 3 weeks ago, but we had several weeks with day-time temps in the upper 70's and low 80's with lows in the 50's and 60's. The last couple weeks have seen highs in the 50's and 60's with the over-night lows around freezing.

The water would have been clear except for an algae bloom which tinted the water green. There were very few real weeds, but lots of green slimy moss. I never tied on anything except soft plastics. I caught the first fish on a 5" fluke or jerk minnow. The rest came on a 7" red curly tail rubber worm, a 5" purple and yellow dinger, and a 5" orange Yamamoto creature bait... obviously the fish weren't that picky.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be fishing the tournament next weekend... so I may have to wait a couple more weeks to get back on the water - probably the Mississippi about 30 miles south of LaCrosse, Wisonsin where the Bassmasters will hold a tournament later the summer. I have a tournament May 20th on the Mississippi and will get up there for a weekend before then to practice fish.

It wasn't really the fishing weekend I was hoping for, but it sure was nice to feel the tug of a bass on the end of my line!
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 01:37 PM   #29
oglejust

Quote:
About 12 miles South of Terre Haute on 41, so a few hours South of you. It was a cold ride this morning!
ur only about an hour from me, u do any fishing at millcreek in marshall il?
oglejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 02:39 PM   #30
Bassaholic HD
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
I am in Bloomington IN, Not to far from you. You ever come fish Monroe?
Bassaholic HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 06:23 PM   #31
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post
I did get a little fishing done, but the boat still is in the shed so I had to settle for walking up and down the shore-line. I caught maybe 12 bass in a combined 3 hours of fishing. 4 of them were in the 14 to 16 inch range, 4 were 12 to 14 inches and 4 were less than 12".

I would guess the wter temperature was mid 50's - the water was in the mid 60's 3 weeks ago, but we had several weeks with day-time temps in the upper 70's and low 80's with lows in the 50's and 60's. The last couple weeks have seen highs in the 50's and 60's with the over-night lows around freezing.

The water would have been clear except for an algae bloom which tinted the water green. There were very few real weeds, but lots of green slimy moss. I never tied on anything except soft plastics. I caught the first fish on a 5" fluke or jerk minnow. The rest came on a 7" red curly tail rubber worm, a 5" purple and yellow dinger, and a 5" orange Yamamoto creature bait... obviously the fish weren't that picky.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be fishing the tournament next weekend... so I may have to wait a couple more weeks to get back on the water - probably the Mississippi about 30 miles south of LaCrosse, Wisonsin where the Bassmasters will hold a tournament later the summer. I have a tournament May 20th on the Mississippi and will get up there for a weekend before then to practice fish.

It wasn't really the fishing weekend I was hoping for, but it sure was nice to feel the tug of a bass on the end of my line!
Nice report. Sounds like your weather has been basically the same as here. And your right, it IS nice to feel a tug at the end of the line.
Old 04-23-12, 06:25 PM   #32
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassaholic HD View Post
No, I never go that far. Do all my fishing around my parts. With only a 12 foot jonboat and a truck I don't trust to drive out of town, I don't venture far. lol
Old 04-23-12, 07:46 PM   #33
Dave63

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglejust View Post
ur only about an hour from me, u do any fishing at millcreek in marshall il?
Sure do. That's where we have our tourneys!
Old 04-23-12, 07:47 PM   #34
Dave63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassaholic HD View Post
Never have, but it's on my list. Maybe this year!
Old 04-23-12, 07:49 PM   #35
Dave63

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post

The water would have been clear except for an algae bloom which tinted the water green. There were very few real weeds, but lots of green slimy moss.

It's always nice to feel that tug and brother are you ever right about that green slimy moss. That crap is bad this year.
Old 04-23-12, 08:48 PM   #36
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yes cold now ky lake has dropped from 71 on the main to 65f.
Just where are you guys finding emergent lilly pads,mine are thick enough to walk across.

Throw a frog,if in doubt pink in the pads and around bridges
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 10:01 PM   #37
Bassaholic HD
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Never have, but it's on my list. Maybe this year!
You should its not a bad one to fish. Theres big ones in there you just gotta find them
Bassaholic HD is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.