Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-17-04, 02:42 PM   #1
bassdog
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassdog
Default A strategy that works for me

Hey,
I have fished for bass off a dock and not had much luck. Although there is on technique that i have caught many bass with. I just drop a bait that this store called tackletown makes off the edge of the dock let it sink then jerk it three times. Then i let it sink wait about 5 seconds then jerk it 3 more times. I keep on doing this while i slowly work my way around the dock and i usually catch something.
bassdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 03:50 PM   #2
DARRYL_B
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DARRYL_B
Default Re: A strategy that works for me

that's pretty interesting...
DARRYL_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 03:56 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

What is the bait, Cman?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 03:58 PM   #4
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

I'm stuck fishing off docks pretty often so I wanna know, what is the bait?
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 06:50 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i think i know what it is but anit sure
cman where is this store?

trick to fishing a dock from shore would be this
first walking on a dock spooks the fish. so cast from the bank along the dock before you walk out on it. fish this area well out about 10-12 feet each side. then and only then go out on it..

cman u live on norman right?

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 08:13 PM   #6
bassdog
BassFishin.Com Member

The bait i use is a bait that a store near norman makes called tackle town. the bait is a heavy white minnow with reflectors on the side eyes and a rattle. It works extremely well for the technique i told you about but it doesn't work so well when you cast it because it is so heavy. when you cast it it sinks right to the bottom.
Old 08-18-04, 08:21 PM   #7
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Something like this?

Only in white?
Old 08-18-04, 08:23 PM   #8
bassdog
BassFishin.Com Member

I guess that may work but what i'm talking is molded so it is extremely heavy. I'll look a BPS website and get something near it.
Old 08-18-04, 08:28 PM   #9
bassdog
BassFishin.Com Member

Here it is go to this link. It's the stores website and you'll see them on the home page. http://tackletown.com/ by the way how do you insert a website picture?
Old 08-18-04, 08:34 PM   #10
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

OK, it is a jigging spoon. Â*For some reason I thought it was plastic. Â*Thanks for the link.
Old 08-18-04, 09:34 PM   #11
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

a bottom spoon ....... and you throw this for bass???? boy do we need to talk. only time i have ever caught fish on a jigging spoon is winter and in norman. go to your" store" and ask for storm wild eye baits. or buy some plastic worms made buy zoom if i remember right red shad is a good color for norman. i normally fish norman in jan and feb around the marshell steam plant.

these baits are built to jig deep ocean areas sorry i really hate to dis your lures but. to be honest you are not catching as many bass as you should be. the spots are crazy in this lake so make sure of which kind of bass you land.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 09:47 PM   #12
bassdog
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't cast these i drop them off a dock let them sink stop them right before they hit the bottom then jerk them around a dock, it works!
Old 08-18-04, 11:07 PM   #13
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i fish off a dock on a murky lake and all the bass i catch are right along the shore line and by all the grass beds around the dock there never right around the dock. for some reason i cant get bass to hit anything except zoom black worms i really want them to hit a topwater bait like a buzz bait or something there is a lot of grass beds around the dock any ideas on how or what times i should fish topwater so i can get them to hit it thanks
-brian
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-04, 11:31 PM   #14
shad
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to shad

Their World Famous Shake Rattle-n-Jig (pictured above)
The SHAKE RATTLE-N-JIG has a glass rattle pored right into the lead body, which makes a unique sound that, theoretically, imitates a wounded fish's scale clatter. Almost all types of fish (fresh and salt water) will attack this awesome jig. It is heavy enough for deep fishing and will "plug knock" itself almost every time if hung up. We use an extremely impact resistant paint and then apply a clear coat layer for increased durability and a brighter finish. The soft natural feeling, 3 dimensional eyes increase the number of strikes and get fish to hold the bait longer. A super sharp VMC Treble hook ensures easy hook sets. The factory- attached swivel helps prevent line twist and adds to the strike evoking action of the lure. The Shake Rattle-n-jig is effective on fish stacked on schools of bottom bait or worked shallow in schooling fish.

is that it cman??

shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-04, 12:30 AM   #15
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1092764540;start=0#12 date=08/18/04 at 22:07:05]i fish off a dock on a murky lake and all the bass i catch are right along the shore line and by all the grass beds around the dock there never right around the dock. for some reason i cant get bass to hit anything except zoom black worms i really want them to hit a topwater bait like a buzz bait or something there is a lot of grass beds around the dock any ideas on how or what times i should fish topwater so i can get them to hit it thanks
-brian[/quote]

Best time for Topwater is at night or low light conditions. With that being said, I've caught em in the middle of the day with no clouds, and HOT AS HE!!. ??? Try some different baits, and retrieves especially in the early morning(1/2hour b4 dawn to 1/2 hour after dawn) and late evening( 1/2 hour b4 dusk to 1/2 hour after) If using a buzzbait, run it quickly over any submerged weeds a couple of times, if no hits slow it down to where it's barely staying on the surface. The main thing, is to keep throwing topwater, and you will get a hit, then you'll know what retrieve they want that day. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER THAN TOPWATER FISHING!

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-04, 07:34 AM   #16
DaHorns73
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DaHorns73

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1092764540;start=0#14 date=08/18/04 at 23:30:01]

early morning(1/2hour b4 dawn to 1/2 hour after dawn) and late evening( 1/2 hour b4 dusk to 1/2 hour after) Â*Â*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER THAN TOPWATER FISHING!

Lizards[/quote]

I agree with you Lizards! But this has been a horrible summer for topwater baits for me.
DaHorns73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.