Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-18-06, 01:48 PM   #1
youngbassman77
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default No Bites

Hey everyone,

I am posting this for one of my friends..... He has been going to a local pond.... Fishing from the shore, he says that he can see the bass right in front of him... so he throws out a power worm, or senko, and start a slow presentation....the bass will go for it and then just stop and turn around.... he is not getting any bites.... Do you have any ideas of what the problem could be? Any ideas or suggestions that would have the bass commit and get a hookset would be greatful...

Thanks

~YBM
youngbassman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 02:01 PM   #2
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If he can see the fish the fish can see him no wonder why they follow the bait and stop chasing it....as soon as they spot him. Tell him to wear browns or greens, even cammo. Tell him to keel down. Tell him that he must not allow his shadow to cast into the pond ( with the sun on his back ). He can always fish the pond at night.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 02:03 PM   #3
Deacon

It might be possible that the fish you are seeing are spawning fish. Or even Post spawn. if they are just cruising they are really tough to catch. Your friend is doing things right. It is a cat and mouse game so to speak. Tell him to have patience and jeep at it. As far as a hookset....well my theory is Hook sets are free. If it feels weird set the hook.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 02:33 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Tell him to cast further with some flourocarbon as a leader. Fish a shoreline farther away. Use a broken back rebel and stager swim it back.

If the bass are post or pre spawn it WILL piss them off.

Capt Mike
Captmikestarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-06, 06:43 PM   #5
jordan41

Send a message via MSN to jordan41 Send a message via Yahoo to jordan41

yep i have that problem somtimes to. and it seems they might see the person or i cant really tell u exactly whats wrond but cast farther and let sink further.
Old 05-18-06, 09:17 PM   #6
rrw4258

really i have no problem with clear water bedded bass, i been catching them here for bout 3 to 4 weeks now, heres my secret weapon, a 1/16oz. slip sinker (bullet weight), a 4/0 offset hook (Not EWG), and a 7" Berkley Power Worm, i can only get one color to work that is Pumpkinseed! Try it, IT WORKS!

Ryan
Old 05-19-06, 04:55 PM   #7
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

its either what all those people said above me or fish it faster they might want a faster presentation give it a few quick snaps they should go for it
Old 05-21-06, 01:30 AM   #8
wvtroutdog@aol.com
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to wvtroutdog@aol.com Send a message via Yahoo to wvtroutdog@aol.com

I have a different appoach. There right there probally spawning. The bass are not going to leave the bed if they do they dont go far or they will be back soon. I know this so intensionally try to piss them off! ill use my favorite jig looks like a crawl or a 6in lizzard. and keep casting at the fish, not around, behind, or infront of I mean at the fish try to hit it. wait till it swims over top pf the lure and bump him again. and again again. youll see it get pissed. His/hers gills will swell and they start darting around the bed. when this happens I bounce the lure a few inches of the bottom and wait for the strike. he'll forget about you on the bank the lure is more of a theat at that moment.
Old 05-21-06, 08:01 PM   #9
Fishing4Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw4258
really i have no problem with clear water bedded bass, i been catching them here for bout 3 to 4 weeks now, heres my secret weapon, a 1/16oz. slip sinker (bullet weight), a 4/0 offset hook (Not EWG), and a 7" Berkley Power Worm, i can only get one color to work that is Pumpkinseed! Try it, IT WORKS!

Ryan

lol thats exactly what i do but i use the red shad color instead.
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 08:05 PM   #10
FlyRod

Did he check for this sign near where he's fishing?
http://thechp.syr.edu/no_biting.jpg

Just axin'.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-06, 07:29 PM   #11
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Try to use more weight. This gives bass no time to look at the bait. If they follow they should bite.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.