Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-05, 02:50 PM   #1
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Smile Grubs The Forgotton Bait.

Today there were high temps and I imagin the water temp was really high also. I started out throwing and pitching a Ugly otter around a small pond and no takers. So I went to a tube and had no takers either. I had just bought some grubs because I had remembered someone posting on here about them and I got the idea that I really need to be using them. So I tied one on the my spinning rod and fished in the same areas where I had with the other bigger baits and I got a couple of two and a half pounders in like 15 minutes. I said hey these are doing pretty good. I caught them in shallow water with the grubs in the shade so I thought maybe I will go back to my tube and otter and consentrate on the shade some more and see if I wasn't fishing the right spot but I had not takers. After 30 minutes I switched back to a smoke grub againg on a jig head and bam got another two pounder. Looks like the grubs I got saved the day. Maybe it was luck that my grub landed on the fish that wanted to bite and they weren't there when I was throwing my other baits but I am satisfied with the results.
Start using the little grubs more I mean I have never seen anyone else use them because they are like sissy baits to people but I think its one bait I will fish more in the future after todays experience.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.