Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-07, 09:30 AM   #1
gstepp22
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bass tracker General Questions

Hello. This is my first post to the site. Been reading it for a week or so and found a lot of helpful info. I need some help with a used bass boat I just bought. This is my first boat I have owned and need some help figuring out the details. It's an 89 Bass Tracker 1800TF. Fiberglass hull. 110hp tracker engine just rebuilt with a new power head, water pump, oil/fuel pump, and carb kits. I have not even had it out to break her in yet. Luckily before I put her in the water I found that one of the plastic hull thru pieces that feeds the hose going to the live well was snapped in half and busted. You would think that the shop I had it at for over a month would have noticed that. Anyway, to get to my questions. Hope you guys can help me out.

MinKota 48lbs. with an eagle fish finder and sonar hooked to it.

1. The bow has a panel with some switches on it. one is a toggle...in the up position it reads "charge 12 v"....middle is "12 volt" and lower is "12/24 run". How does the charge 12 v thing work? I'm assuming that when I run the trolling motor I would keep in switched to "12/24 run", is that correct? I have 2 trolling batteries hooked up to this switch.

2. The trolling motor pedal has a box next to it with a rocker switch and battery indicator on it. I'm assuming this is a battery charger. The rocker switch has three positions. Middle is "off"...left is "MOM" and right is "CON". Any guess on what these are for? It seems the trolling motor only works when in the "MOM" position.

3. Can anyone help explain how the eagle fish finder works and the in dash hummingbird depth sounder works?

4. How do I get some kind of manual or wiring diagram? Most of all the wires are pretty much dry rotted. I even zapped myself on the ignition and had to put in a new one. At least I did the most important thing and got a nice CD/MP3 player and rewired the speakers.

So I think I almost have her ready for the water. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Big G
gstepp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 11:38 AM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Lightbulb

Have you access to a Tracker dealer, especially one that has been around at since your boat model was last on the market as a new boat? Such a dealership might be the best source of info. The next step would be to either ask for help here...

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=10

And/or here:

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=40

Or here:

http://www.trackermarine.com/

Of course, we may get lucky and someone on this forum will have the answer.

Good luck!

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-07, 03:23 PM   #3
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I own the same exact boat, I have a 150hp Evinrude..I love it!! I have re-wired the entire rig and you may find you will have to do the same. A good idea is to remove as much of the old wiring as possible..the guy before me did not do this and it makes for a confusing and messy time..I'm not sure about your bow panel, on my boat it is a little different..my trolling motor was already setup..the other switches on that panel are for the trim...I've done a lot of work to mine and might be able to help you..let me know how you like it when you get it out on the water...I'm sure you'll love it..it's one of the most stable boats I've been in, even when compared to a lot of the newer boats
Old 07-25-07, 12:26 PM   #4
gstepp22
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the helpful links.

I think I might need to rewire. I had the boat in the river yesterday to break her in some. All went well except for a minor setback. Seems like the livewells are filling up with water even though i had them shutoff. Aslo the trim on the throttle quit working. Then to top it off when I was putting on the transom motor brace I tilted the motor down and it slipped on the brace so I went to tilt the motor back up and it would not go. So it seems now the tilt-up is broke. It will still tilt down but not up. I'm hoping to get all the kinks worked out so I can start enjoying some fishin but it hardly seems worth it. I should have just bought a new Nitro instead.
gstepp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-07, 11:21 PM   #5
Fendercaster
BassFishin.Com Member

On your trolling motor, "MOM" stands for momentary running - when your foot is on the switch it will go, when you let off it will stop. "CON" stands for continuous - the motor will run without you having to keep your foot on the switch.
Fendercaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 05:14 PM   #6
wymanda
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bass Tracker Question

Hello;

I just bought a used 2006 Bass Tracker Pro Team 175TX. I have two questions. 1st, does the boat use a plug or a TH Marine overflow tube to keep water in the livewell. I had a Ranger 17 Aluminum bass boat and it used a overflow tube.

2nd, I tried to remove the rear seat pedestal and it wont budge. Shouldn't the pedestal be just as easily removed as the front one?

DW
wymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 06:18 PM   #7
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

most of the new nitro's use a plug unless it has the pump out feature.i'd still use a plug though..

are you asking about the pedatal pole or the base??.. nitro might have the base glassed in...i reall don't know- i loath nitro's...

zooker
Old 06-20-10, 10:33 AM   #8
wymanda
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tracker

Thanks for the reply. I located the plug in a plastic bag the seller gave me with manuals etc. I also bought a TH Marine Overflow tube which works just as well with the Tracker Livewell.

I am working out all the "bugs." The "pedestal" in the rear was the 2nd part of my question. I have confirmed that the pedelstal should come out, its just that the previous owner never removed it and its probably rusted up. I will try removing with a pair of channel locks.

I am slowly working out all the bugs. The boat came with a 2006 Mercury OB, 4 Stroke. The Oil Level / Temp alarm goes off after running at higher speeds, followed by throttling dowm. I check the oil level and its fine, I also make sure the water flow is adequate from the pee hole.

Anyone have any ideas, why the alarm goes of intermittently. Its normal per the manual at start up for the alarm to be on for 5 seconds, then goes off which it does. Its the other scenario I am worried about.

DW
wymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 12:32 PM   #9
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Be careful about judging your water pressure visually.. I suggest a water pressure gauge...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.