Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-28-12, 11:33 PM   #1
Hoosier
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Prop Question

I have a 16 Foot Aluminum Lowe Bass Boat. It has a Johnson 25hp outboard. Its my first boat that i have ever owned. As all of you surely remember rookie mistakes are costly. Well i broke the tips off of my aluminum prop that i have. I want to replace it with another aluminum prop, not for cost reasons but i dont want to purchase a nice prop until i have more experience on the water and with my boat. I have looked at a few places mainly Overtons. I see alot of diifferent pitches and such on props and i wondered if anyone had a suggestion for my size engine, also i have seen for 10-11 inch replacements. Since my current prop has no part number any suggestion would be appreciated.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-12, 02:47 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Guessing about a 9 in 10p,should run 18-20 mph,if going ss later add one pitch,if that bogs down lessen it.Get a depth finder then stay in the boat lanes,green on right red on left when going down,reverse of that when going up.
The little buggers are hard to guess.That should be close however.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.