Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-11-04, 05:01 AM   #1
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown
Default small waters

Hey guys,
We all know how much we hear about small waters in the spring time. Anybody that has picked up a fishing magazine in their lifetime has heard about smaller waters warming up the quickest in the spring and how bass become more active in those waters faster than in large impoundments. Well, this is true, no doubt. Smaller waters do get more active quicker in the spring than larger, deeper impoundments due to the shallower water. One thing you never hear about for some reason is smaller waters getting more active quicker in the fall. Just like smaller waters warm up quicker, they also cool down quicker. Where I live, a lot of the larger lakes are still running high water temps, but some very small waters that I fish are just right. Good fishing
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 10:59 AM   #2
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard
Default Re: small waters

That's because next to the big lakes, the little swamp/marsh ponds often go more untouched. Some people complain because they don't want to unload a canoe and paddle around... which is a lot quicker than unloading a big boat from a trailer. :-/
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 02:13 PM   #3
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

not around here..those wacko kayakers and canoers tie up the ramp for 1/2hr.like they're launching the queen mary.it just takes them forever.i can launch AND trailer my 20ft boat before they get their dang straps undone.
and they always park their subaru wagons right in the middle of a 3 boat ramp so nobody but them can use it.
they have to be some of the biggest a**h*les around.
sorry,lone but you rattled my chain with that comment
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 03:45 PM   #4
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Bassintom,
We've had some of the same type problems on a lake that I visit with people who leave there vehicles out in front of the ramp when there on the water.
When there not around, just let the air out of one of there tires.
Next time they should get the message.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 06:25 PM   #5
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

you saw that too huh??? just want to take a tire iron and write in to there nice paint job"move this pos"

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 10:26 PM   #6
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

they don't park them on the ramp when they're kayaking,but just unloading and loading them up is an all day project.and the ramps are paid for with out fishing license $$$.by rights they should not even be at that ramp.dang,they can drop them little botes into a mud puddle.
i don't know about where you are,but here they all seem to be wearing L.L.bean khakis.it's sickening....lol
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 12:03 AM   #7
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

Ive had the same problems here and there. Good thing about my favorite spots is if youre in a kayak you may end up as lunch or dinner for a very large gator. One good wake or two and they tend to get a little nervous when theres a 10-12 ft gator swimmin by them. The look on their face is priceless though! 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 04:25 PM   #8
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I've seen people take over 10 minutes before to get their boat off the trailer, move the truck back, and finally take off before. I'm not sure what they were waiting for.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 08:19 PM   #9
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

i load and launch mine by my self 95 % of the time it takes me 3 mintues both ways.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 03:37 PM   #10
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Thats actually pretty fast for a bass boat. Granted I can take a pontoon boat and unload it and load it back up in less than half that time. But thats with a pontoon boat.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-04, 04:25 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=mtbassman77 link=board=news;num=1097481697;start=0#0 date=10/11/04 at 04:01:37]Hey guys,
We all know how much we hear about small waters in the spring time. Anybody that has picked up a fishing magazine in their lifetime has heard about smaller waters warming up the quickest in the spring and how bass become more active in those waters faster than in large impoundments. Well, this is true, no doubt. Smaller waters do get more active quicker in the spring than larger, deeper impoundments due to the shallower water. One thing you never hear about for some reason is smaller waters getting more active quicker in the fall. Just like smaller waters warm up quicker, they also cool down quicker. Where I live, a lot of the larger lakes are still running high water temps, but some very small waters that I fish are just right. Good fishing[/quote]

Well as your original post stated here I agree. Seems like we get off topic all of the time around here ;D Usually it's me that starts it though

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-04, 09:59 PM   #12
fredhatch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fredhatch

You! Never! 8)
fredhatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.