Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-02-05, 11:37 AM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up BearPaw Gobe field test results

I got out today and plan to fish my nads off the next week or so, even under these tough bluebird skies type conditions.
I was reaching through my plastics in the boat today and came across my samples of Bearpaw plastics, and ended up putting a green metal flake gobe on the hook.
The head is a little tougher in density than most plastic worms, I ran the hook through the lips on the head of the bait and then the barb texas rigged on
some casts , on other casts I rigged it like a fluke, with the barb exposed.
I nailed on keeper(barely legal tho) and went to some much deeper water and hooked a real hard pulling bass, but I didn't get a good hookset with the thicker plastics(my fault) and half way back the bass got off..
Got one more , my only complaint is after a few bass the head tended to slide down the offset hook. I ended up pegging a toothpick through the eye of the hook and though the gobe, it stayed put, but no more takers.
Ended up with a few gills n crappie on a tender tube, but thats about it..for now..I'll go back out here this afternoon IF if will cloud up, the water is crystal clear.
I also tried the bearpaw senko, it doesn't seem as flexible but I really liked the way it caught color and had nice look to it as the sun hit it in the water, kinda was a translucent motor oil effect once under water.
The biggest bearpaw I got as a sample I havent tried, nor the tiny finesse worm.
I've give them this,....the bass won't let go after they have tasted it..lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 04:37 PM   #2
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey JB, you should try the new culprit gobies, i tried a sample pack of them and loved them, on my first cast I caught a 4 lber, and near the end of a 1/2 hour period I caugt a 3 lber., I love them they work awesome!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.