Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-04-04, 07:45 AM   #1
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52
Default best worm to put on a c-rig

i usually use a walmart flw 6inch pumpkinseed finese worm, or a black power worm. any suggestions on what type of worm to use?
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 08:40 AM   #2
bassguy2004

Default Re: best worm to put on a c-rig

I've used almost any thing on a c-rig. You can use tubes, long (10" power worms) worms, short worms, brush hogs, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is; use your imagination.
Old 09-04-04, 10:53 AM   #3
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

I'm not a big fan of cyberflex or 3x plastics, but for maximum lure visibilty and vertical up-&-down action, no plastic can come close. I recent tried the 3x shad on a 3' leader - c-rigged - and worked an area of weeds that would cause a heavier plastic to get lost in. 3x will float almost any hook and stay above vegetation, as long as the leader is long enough. A heavy sinker, dragged along bottom, drags the lure on the same plane behing it.

If you're using a c-rig on a hard bottom with only a few weeds, most plastic worms, craws, lizards and creature baits will work, even those salt impregnated. But for high weeds and grass, I want the bait to be able to suspend above it, which has justified using dropshot rigs.

Though 3x has many drawbacks, it's floatation makes it a unique tool to add to our tackle assortment, and especially the c-rig.

Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 11:22 AM   #4
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

Fish Formula 6" Lazy Shad.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 05:58 PM   #5
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

sam,
thanks for the info.

everyone, i am very new to using a c-rig what is the correct way to work one,(this is probably a dumb question to ask though)
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 09:41 PM   #6
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

repeat after me "let the bass tell you how fast to work it " weather ya drag it along bottom or do big hops "let the bass tel you.." as with all plastic baits some lakes have a certain color that works on them.. use this color .again -all togather now" let the bass tell you".... some times a 4" worm will work then again a 14 inch lizard will work well - like this last summer.again every body-with feeling "let the bass tell you"

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 09:56 PM   #7
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Zooker makes a good point. Sometimes lizards rule (just like the guy in this forum) and sometimes craw worms do better. Last year I did great with c-rigged Brush Hogs, this year few bites on them. 3 x shads have done better.

As far as retrieves, c-rigs were originally a fast way to survey a large flat or hump, but finesse slowed presentations down and strikes up. Therefore, go from deadstick to a steady stop-&-go, with or without pauses, until the activity level gives you an idea of what works (what Zook said).

I use a fixed wt. system because I do work a c-rig medium to fast and don't need the line to slip through a sinker on bottom. The strikes are from mushy to bump.
and fish hook themselves once the rod tip pulls the lure in a direction away from them.

Speed Worms, Trickworms and creature baits by Mr. Twister have worked for me also.

Sam
Old 09-04-04, 10:18 PM   #8
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=senkosam link=board=news;num=1094294700;start=0#2 date=09/04/04 at 09:53:56]I'm not a big fan of cyberflex or 3x plastics, but for maximum lure visibilty and vertical up-&-down action, no plastic can come close. I recent tried the 3x shad on a 3' leader - c-rigged - and worked an area of weeds that would cause a heavier plastic to get lost in. 3x will float almost any hook and stay above vegetation, as long as the leader is long enough. A heavy sinker, dragged along bottom, drags the lure on the same plane behing it.

If you're using a c-rig on a hard bottom with only a few weeds, most plastic worms, craws, lizards and creature baits will work, even those salt impregnated. But for high weeds and grass, I want the bait to be able to suspend above it, which has justified using dropshot rigs.

Though 3x has many drawbacks, it's floatation makes it a unique tool to add to our tackle assortment, and especially the c-rig.

Sam[/quote]

Sam this is uncanny I just posted somthing very similiar to the 3x baits, and their floatation I actually like Snapback better GREAT MINDS do think alike Of course your response was FAR SUPERIOR TO MINE 8)

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-04, 10:55 PM   #9
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Of course your response was FAR SUPERIOR TO MINE
Na! We just complement each other in our approaches to the same subjects! Good to know ya Lizards!

Sam
Old 09-05-04, 01:51 PM   #10
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

I've caught 5's, 6's and 7's while using a senko for my bait on C-rigs.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.