Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 10-28-04, 08:32 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, here we are at the end of October and the temps are almost breaking the records for heat. I guess we will do our usual summer to winter pattern in stead of the summer, fall, winter. The first cool snap several weeks ago was great. Well this report will be short lived if we have the cold front they are talking about for Monday. The past weeks fishing was good. We started catching a few good fish on the deep spots and also in the shallows. Top water has been a good starting bait. The pop’r type baits worked around the edges of grass. Texas and Carolina rigs worked off the edges of the grass and out deep on the main lake points have been very effective. The drop shot has been a good bet when the fronts have moved thru. The Wave baby Tiki Stick and Lake Fork Tackle Baby ring Fry used on the drop shot rigged about two feet from the weight has been good.
The Lake Fork Tackle Zig Zag and Wave Tiki Stick fished weightless over the grass is a good all day choice. Working the bait fast across the surface then stall it and move it again and when the fish hit stop if they miss the bait and let it sink and the fish will come back and get it. Buzz baits are good starters and keep the above mention bait handy if they miss the buzz bait cast the weightless bait back to the spot and let it sink.
I have been using a tail spinner as a casting bait like a spinner bait or trap. You will need a fats retrieve reel to keep the bait up out of the grass. This will work out on the humps when dropped down and pulled off the bottom and letting it fall back down. The hit will usually come on the fall.
The crappie are getting bigger and the number of good keepers are showing up more regular. The timber and brush piles are producing the bigger fish. Minnows and jigs are the key baits.
I have some dates open in November if you wont to book a Bass or crappie trip. Give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.