Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-05, 10:10 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well mother nature still has not let her hair down. Don’t let this unseasonable warm weather make you think we can get out the shorts and sandals, boy I am ready, but mother nature still has some weather for us. February is usually our coldest month with March coming in behind it. It has been a roll a coaster ride with this weekend in the low fifties and Sunday in the forties and back to the seventies Tuesday. I didn’t fish this week as I have been taking care of personal matters and getting my new Bass Cat rigged and ready. I can’t wait to get it in the water.
The conditions have been great for fishing and I have talked to several who have fished and they said it has been good fishing in the shallow water. Lipless crank baits and spinner baits have been the baits to sling. I have heard mixed reports of mornings being better than the afternoon. The deep bite has been unreliable so spend your time in the shallow water around main lake and secondary points with grass and timber. This is a prime time to catch a fish of a life time. The big females will start their warming trends on these warm sunny days. They will float up as the sun comes out and drop down as the water cools. I have seen some really big fish just sitting at or near the surface on these warm days in the winter. The best advice I can give is be on the water as much as you can everyday. I have mentioned many times in my reports that even on the worst weather days this can be a prime time. I will be out there as soon as I get my boat ready.
The crappie are still going good on the main lake in 30 to 45 foot of water. Jigs and minnows are the best bait to catch these fish. Use your electronics to find bait and work your bait around them.
Time is near and you need to get your spring trip booked. Give me a call if I can help.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.