Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-13, 06:48 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking Hello from honesdale, pa !!

hey gang, i am FINALLY back online. and in honesdale, pa. yep, i got the job i was trying to get for the last year or so. and sorry bryce...it's a union job. lol! the payis outstanding and the work is not as easy as you might think. i am abou tto become a local 798 pipeliner. my title is welders helper. we weld pipe all across the country. this job is a naturel gas line, main line, we are doing. and let me tell you...it CAN be dangerous. no live gas, but still.....gotta watch what you are doing. i work 6 10 hr days a week. today is our only off day. i'll be here for another 4-6 weeks. but i'll take home more in 1 week than i made in a month and a half down home. as oyu can tell i am VERY tired, lol. but it's good for me and i am getting back in shape somewhat. glad to be back here. it helps being so far from home. and knowing i have FAMILY across this great country through this site is gonna make it easier when i travel. so buckle up buttercup....i just might be ROLLING into your town in the coming weeks. hahahaha!! i'll give more details later and hopefully post some pics of what we do out there later.
Old 08-25-13, 07:02 PM   #2
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I am sooooooo out of the loop!
(Been workin outa town myself)

Glad to hear about the new job. If they send you anywhere Northern Michigan....lose my number ; )
You know I'd be glad to feed a brother!!!!!!
Old 08-25-13, 10:17 PM   #3
keithdog

That's all good news John. It's a drag being away from home for so long I know, but it sounds like you are hauling in some serious dough and that's great! So, apparently old dogs can learn new tricks. If you get in these parts you just know your always going to be welcome here and get a warm home cooked meal. Thanks for the update and congrats big time.
Old 08-28-13, 11:33 AM   #4
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like a great job if the co-workers are not an issue.

Traveling, working and living in Motels is the American way..

Congrats.

Capt Mike
Old 08-28-13, 03:42 PM   #5
Bill M
BassFishin.Com Active Member

If ya end up another state over eastern way(NJ), let me know, I will hook ya up with some fine food and sneak in some bassin.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-13, 01:02 AM   #6
Bassboss

Awesome news John! Glad it's working out for you and you like it!
Old 08-29-13, 09:04 AM   #7
JustinCTPA
BassFishin.Com Member

Congratulations, very cool! I live about 45 minutes west of Honesdale (transplant from CT) and it's a nice area, not that it sounds like you'll have a lot of free time! Haha! If you do find some time and want to hit up Lake Wallenpaupak let me know, not that I know it well but have fished it a few times - always looking for someone to fish with being new to the area. Best of luck in the new job.

Last edited by JustinCTPA; 08-29-13 at 11:33 AM.
JustinCTPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-13, 08:32 PM   #8
bamabassman

jsutin, i THANK you so much for the invite buddy. but like oyu said, free time i don't have. i am staying in poynetell, little 100 yr old shack is more like really. run down shack at that. but it's cheap. 45 mins to the yard every day. my only off day i wash my clothes and REST, hahahaha!! catch up with the family and all too. finally got lisa to get on facebook so we can chat some. cell service SUCKS out here. only get service in honesdale. but i DO thank you so much pal.

other news...got my first paycheck today!! WOW, is all i can say. made more money in ONE week than i did in a month and half at home. got maybe 2 more weeks on this job, then probably head to north dakota for the winter. BBBBBBRRRRRRRR!!!!!! BUT WOULD MAKE double WHAT I AM MAKING NOW. AND IT'S A MAN-CAMP. MEANING they FURNISH ROOMS, FOOD ETC. hopefully i will make enough to pay up the back bills, AND do somehting nice for some of my FAMILY...yes oyu guys and gals. my plan is to work for 12 straight months if possible..with a small break here and there. and we will be sitting pretty after that. hard work, but i like it. losing weight and getting in shape. lisa ain't gonna know me pretty soon. hahaha!!
Old 08-30-13, 09:28 PM   #9
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Congratulations Bama! I know it will be hard on you and Lisa, but you can do it. Will keep you in my prayers for safe travel and lots of encouragement during the time away. Wishing you the VERY best!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-13, 09:51 AM   #10
MississippiBoy

I know it's tough work, and being away from home, especially Lisa, is even tougher. But we're all proud of you for doing this for your family. I hope this keeps going well for you.
Old 08-31-13, 01:08 PM   #11
bassboogieman

Winter in North Dakota, you will LOVE IT!

Good to hear from oyu John, as always. I'm sure the financial situation is looking bright for you also, that has to be a load off the mind. Good luck, and remember warm clothing...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-13, 07:55 PM   #12
bamabassman

hahaha, bruce....that pic settled it, HOUSTON, TX for the winter,lol. i really do think i'll try for houston, job lasts longer even if it is lower pay. 'll VACATION in north dakota one day.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.