Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-05, 12:04 PM   #1
okefenokee010
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to okefenokee010
Default Choke Canyon, Texas

I talked my wife into taking Monday off and we went down to Choke Canyon to do a little fishing. We loaded up with about $8,000 in fuel and started south. Rebbasser was kind enough to share where he had located bass on Saturday, so we started there. Things were a little slow early, but then my wife started boating a few fish. None of them were big, but we were having a good time. The wind started picking up about 8 and was blowing 20-30 out of the south by 10. We were in one of the few sheltered areas of the lake and weren't quite prepared for what we got when we got out from behind our wind block. The whole lake was white-capping. It was a slow ride back into the wind. I might have run a little faster, but Lori is 7 months pregnant, so we took it at a slow pace. We were off the water shortly after 11, having caught about 6 little ones on Tiki Sticks and Trick worms. I threw some top water, crankbaits, and spinner baits, but the plastics were what they wanted. I wish I could report that we caught some monsters, but the wind kept us tucked in behind a bridge with no chance to go get the big girls.
okefenokee010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.