Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 01-27-05, 09:11 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the weather has really be something else with all the warm days. I got my new Bass Cat out and I am really excited with the way it handles and fishes. I think all my clients will be happy with the ride and room it has. Service Marine did a great job on the rigging. Chuck, Perry and Tonya will do all they can to solve your boating needs just give them a call 1-903-473-3909.
The water temp is between 49 to 53 degrees. It was according to what cove or main lake point you were on or in. The water is clear in all the covers I have been in. I am sure the north end of the lake may still be stained but fishable. The lipless crank and spinner bait were the two best baits. I tried several deep areas that had fish on them and no deal. The drop shot or the spoon would not get a bite. The grass was the best pattern. The fish I caught were shallow and along the edge of the grass in about three to five of water. The water has not gotten cold enough to kill the grass and it is still good and green. The spring will be awesome with all the grass. We may miss the bullet this year on the cold but February has not gotten here yet. Remember to get out as much as you can right now as this is the best time to get the bite of a life time.
The crappie fishermen were out in full gear yesterday but I didn’t see many pulled over the side. I found bait stacked in fifty foot of water on the bottom. Most boats I saw were using minnows.
It is still not to late to book your spring trip.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.