Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-04, 10:32 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report

Well, the recent rains has everything wet ans soggy. The rain may have brought the lake up and inch or too but that is all. The water remains clear all the way back in the creeks. The wind has been blowing and with it and the cool nights the water temp has dipped into the upper 60’s to low 70’s. The fish are scattered from the shallow to deep water. I know this sounds like last week but here it is. Tail spinners, lipless crank baits, flukes, Tiki Sticks from Wave industries fished weightless and Lake Fork Tackle ZigZag’s fished over the grass have been very good. I have been working them like a Zara Spook a couple of jerks and stall it, then start again. When I get a hit I let the bait settle and the fish will engulf it. I caught some good looking fish this week. Healthy and FAT. The Carolina rig and Texas rig worked on the out side of the grass has been good. If you haven’t heard LAKE FORK has entered the first Share a lunker for the start of the year. This fish was 13.16 and caught in 12 feet of water with a Carolina rig. I have mentioned many times in my reports that ten to twelve feet of water is a good depth to work year round.
The deep fish are starting to stack up and tail spinners and jigging spoons are catching some good solid fish. Find the fish on the humps and main lake points with your electronics and drop a marker off to the side of them and then drop a spoon to the bottom and hop it up and watch your line as the hit will usually be on the fall. Some days the half ounce will work better but on some the three quarter is the ticket. Look for shad and the fish should be close by. The crappie were going good but the recent front slowed them a little. This should improve shortly and the bite will be on. 18 to 24 foot over 25 to 30 feet of water has been a good starting spot. Minnows and jigs are the best bait.
I have November dates open if you want to book a Bass or Crappie trip. This is a good time to learn how to read your electronics which I can help with that. Christmas is closing in and this would be a great gift for that special someone.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.