Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 11-02-04, 01:44 PM   #1

Default Few Reports fropm TN Streams and lakes

Report by Guide Mike Dial (November 1):

On Saturday ay Becca and I got to the creek 2.5 hours before dark.
The water was its normal Fall crystal clear. The fish were hanging tight to cover but very active.The key was to make tight casts and be as stealthy as you can be. In one 20 yard stretch of stream, that I had not been on all summer, We had 2 Largemouth 10 " long , 19 Rock Bass in the 7" to 10 " range and 1 Smallmouth. The Smallmouth was just over 20 inches and absolutely an awesome fight.We weighed this Stream Giant and she was just over 4.5 pounds ( very Fat) All these fish were caught on Charlie Brewers four inch Sliders. As long as the Slider had a chartreuse tail they would take it. On the cast you had to let the bait setlle and not move it. Right where we stepped into the water is very pressured with Fisherman and Swimmers all summer. Becca had a 15 plus inch smallie and we had several more Rock Bass most of these were on Creekminnows. Do not be afraid to make 40 or more casts to one spot with Plastics or Creekminnows before you get the first bite in the fall.( today 20 plus fish were caught from the same rootball). Fall fishing on our streams can be tough but if you take your time fish more than walking and throughly cover areas close to wintering holes you can catch great numbers of stream fish. . All the fish came from the deepest areas of the section of stream we fished. With Mild November Temps expected this method will produce for a few more weeks.

Tim's Ford Oct 31-04

Rick Jr-Daniel and I pulled into the Turkey Creek ramp at daylight this morning in the middle of heavy rains-thunder and lightening striking all around us. After the storm passed through we headed out to a chunk rock bank just up from the ramp where I have been on some fish and Rick Jr. quickly put this 4lb 8oz largemouth in the boat on a electric blue worm. The over cast moved out and the sun shine moved in but the wind stayed strong enough to keep a slight chop on the water most of the morning. We picked up several smallmouth and spots on our brief trip and all were caught on either an Electric Blue or June Bug 6 inch worm. Water temp's on Tim's this morning was 72 degrees and the water level was down some from last week. We are still several weeks away from Float N Fly time (max 50 degree water) but that will be here before we know it. For those of you that like to Crappie fish-we saw a couple guys throwing jigs and doing fairly well around allot of the lay down timber that lines many of the coves here on Tim's. I'm sure a bucket of minnows would work just as well...Hope that this information might help you if your headed to Tim's any time soon. Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Hickory Oct 30-04

No fog, allot of overcast and wind was the ticket today for Cory Smith and Lee Gray today on Old Hickory. We caught well over 20 bass (7 Keepers)-4 Sauger and one Stripe today on Case Super Salty's-Luhr-Jensen Speed Traps-Secret Weapon Spinner Baits-and jigs. Cory had a couple heavy fish on tossing a jig but both of them pulled off. It's good to see the fluke type bite back on and they would hammer the bait. The bite stayed constant in two different creeks and all the fish came out of very shallow water. All and all a good day with two very nice gentlemen. Lee the next time you come be sure to bring your full body armor, those jigs come out of the trees from every where. Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Hickory Oct 28-04

I have just spent one of the most enjoyable days on the water that I have spent in a long time with two great guys Dennis Newman and Don Frank from the state of Washington. These two good friends kept thing fairly lively and I don't think I have laughed so much on a trip in a long time. We started out with fog so thick that you couldn't see. We crossed over the river channel in front of Bull Creek and fished the long flat the lies out in front of Cherokee Marina and eventually began to pick up largemouth around the grass on a fluke. The fog finally lifted where we could see to run at 10:30am. We fished three other areas that produced fish on a fluke and finished the day with 20 largemouth in the boat and at least 15 or more lost as well as a Striper that would have weighed 15lbs-20lbs easy. Of the fish we put in the boat 12 of them were keeper fish and the top water action was fantastic. Rain-overcast and wind made a big difference today.......Rick McFerrin Tennessee Bass Guides
Report by Doug Markham as relayed by the Shed Boss (Oct. 24)

Shed Boss Chris Nischan has reported repeatedly throughout the fall that the trout fishing on the Elk River is excellent. Chris is fishing his favorite flies (nymphs primarily), but the trout are very active over much of the river and should hit offerings by spin-fishing anglers. The Caney Fork River continues to have a lot of water flow and even has been somewhat dirty to dingy in recent days with all of the rain. So, the Elk River offers an alternative for anglers willing to drive a litter farther to catch fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.