Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-04, 08:45 AM   #1

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Rea

Well, as I told you last week we I was afraid we were in for some HOT temps. The mornings have been nice as I have been running mostly morning trips. The wind has been strong enough to keep you cool till lunch then it has stopped and MERCY it has gotten hot. I am still have a few fish on top water baits early. Yellow magic has been the choice. Work slowly with small jerks and stop and go retrieve. When the sun gets up the Texas and Carolina rig is the next bait I switch to. Small crank baits around the grass edges is another good bait. There is a little schooling and lipless crank baits will work on these fish. The deep fish are suspended and can be caught on several baits. Big crank baits, Storm Wild Eyes, lipless crank baits, spinner baits and swimming white jigs are all good deep water baits. Find the fish with your electronics and count the baits down to where you think the fish are and work the baits till you get the depth down. This will take some work till you get the rate of fall on the bait you are using.
The crappie are still plentiful but they are still small. The main thing is the shade under the bridges is cool and the fish are biting.
Remember to drink plenty of liquid as this heat will drain you quickly. Sun screen is a must. Don’t forget put your sun screen on soon as you get up and wash your hands and then the sun screen will set before you get to the lake .
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.