Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-03-13, 02:15 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default all h20 combo for flukes and lite worms

when summer starts rolling around so do I , anyway academy giftcard, was thinking of picking up a h20 6'8 M up to 3/4 oz casting rod and pairnig it with the mette reel. I heard locally there reels are around the quality as a PQ. was thinking this would be a good little combo to whip smaller worms around and use mainly for flukes. I love fishing flukes and caffine shad; so having a dedicated rod would be nice. the reels that are offered in 6:3.1 Is that descent, I know alot of people like faster but I have a a revo 7 gear on a 7'2 crucial as my main T-C rigging rod. also what would you do,,just continue using brad, say 30 lb. I have mono aswell, seems nobody has use for it anymore lol
Old 06-04-13, 06:51 PM   #2
Highhawk1948
BassFishin.Com Member

I use mono on everything put my pitching and flipping rods. (Power Pro on them.) I like it. Mean Green Trilene.
Highhawk1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 09:57 PM   #3
wallywallace

I have 2 things of 14 lb i was thinking of using, i also have an unopened spool of pp 30 lb aswell
Old 06-04-13, 10:36 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm not familiar with the rod and reel you mentioned, so I can't comment of those. But I throw my Caffeine Shads on PLine Floroclear line in 15 and 20 pound test depending on what I'm throwing them into.
Old 06-05-13, 06:53 PM   #5
wallywallace

got the combo and to save money, just put them on braid, and may run fluro leader, i fish stained water in perfect conditions and muddy in worse. the combo is pretty nice, i need to learn to learn to clean my own reels, I have this suspician that it is packed with grease. all my house brand reels; after a good cleaning cast a mile further.
Old 06-14-13, 08:47 PM   #6
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wally, I'm familiar with both rod and reel and they are good. I have several H2O rods and been reel satisfied with them.

As far as the reel goes, all I do with a new reel is clean the bearings. I remove them, put them in a shot glass full of lighter fluid and let then set a bit, then remove and dry them. Reinstall them then put a drop of reel oil on them and you are good to go. I use the shot glass so I can put the whole spool in it without having to remove the bearing from the spool if it has one. I have found no real need to clean and regrease the gears. Never a problem once I do this.

The bearings are packed with grease and the lighter fluid dissolves it. Put one on a pencil point and spin it. Then clean it and do the pencil point test again. You will be amazed how much better it spins.
Old 06-16-13, 09:43 AM   #7
wallywallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Wally, I'm familiar with both rod and reel and they are good. I have several H2O rods and been reel satisfied with them.

As far as the reel goes, all I do with a new reel is clean the bearings. I remove them, put them in a shot glass full of lighter fluid and let then set a bit, then remove and dry them. Reinstall them then put a drop of reel oil on them and you are good to go. I use the shot glass so I can put the whole spool in it without having to remove the bearing from the spool if it has one. I have found no real need to clean and regrease the gears. Never a problem once I do this.

The bearings are packed with grease and the lighter fluid dissolves it. Put one on a pencil point and spin it. Then clean it and do the pencil point test again. You will be amazed how much better it spins.

hey, I got the reels cleaned, works better. though i got a micro guide rod and one of the guides has split when i set the hook. it was hanging on by one side, I went to straighten it and it fell off, hope they take rod back and exchange it without resceipt, I think i will stick to the normal guide ones

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.