Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-05-06, 08:55 PM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default anyone willing to test a lure im making?

well i sent bass kicker my idea for this lure, and he agreed to test it. i have about 6 testers now, and he told me to ask some of you. so here:

hey guys... well, to make some cash for fishign gear, ive decided to try and make my own kind of lure. something differt, so ill have no competition. anyways, i came up with one thing. id blend aluminum foil and paper with water and glue, to make silver paste. replace paper and foil with colored shiny giftwrap for other colors. blend for different color tones. then, i mold it around a long shanked hook, to a fish form, and add googly. i would also mold on different colors. then, i hot glue the whole thing, and level some off so the color and shine goes thru. this makes it hard and durable, plus feels kinda fishy under water. it lasts about 2wice as long as a waveworm or senko, considering how it is bitten at. anyways, after i make some cash and buy gear, ill add trebles on copper wire at front, and glass eyes. any opinions or testers?
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 09:13 PM   #2
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

ummm ,,thanks,but i'll pass.
IMO you should actually try to catch some bass BEFORE you try to make a bait to catch bass.
bassintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-06, 09:13 PM   #3
rrw4258

if it is free and i don't have to pay for shipping i will be glad to help you and give you the true feedback. I am always looking to try a new lure!! Thanks Alot!!!

Ryan
Ryan
Old 01-05-06, 09:24 PM   #4
Unregistered

I don't think that will get anything and would be so unlifelike that nothing would hit it.
Old 01-05-06, 09:43 PM   #5
crankybait

thank you, one who is too annoying and scared to even make a name. ryan, sure ill send you one, no shipping. i might jsut mail em tho lol. any color prefs? makes my deciding much easier. and bassintom, these are the tests. prototypes. i have a pretty good idea of what the lures are, and these took a long ime, about 4 months to come up with. ive got no skill, and so if i cant catch with a spinner while someone can, that means theyve got more skill than me. what if i invented the spinner but couldnt catch anything? and its winter, too cold to fish anyways. also, unregistered, if this is unlifelike, whats a jig?
Old 01-05-06, 09:51 PM   #6
rrw4258

crankybait,
any color(s) will be fine, just something for muddier water, but anything will be fine, and let me know when you are going to send them, ill pm you my address. Thanks!!

Ryan
Old 01-05-06, 09:54 PM   #7
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

wut kinda lure is it? topwater, crank, wut? but i mite do it if it is free
Old 01-05-06, 09:55 PM   #8
crankybait

abu, there is most likely going to be a whole line of baits. probably not crank, but most other hardbaits except crank and jointed. i could do topwater, jerk, and popper, to name a few
Old 01-05-06, 09:56 PM   #9
crankybait

and ryan, i understand, but to make it easier on my behalf, please choose a color because i hate makign descisions
Old 01-05-06, 09:57 PM   #10
rrw4258

crankybait, what colors are there to offer? Could you please give me some color options? Thanks

Ryan
Old 01-05-06, 10:08 PM   #11
KH.

sign me up!!! send me a pm
Old 01-05-06, 10:10 PM   #12
crankybait

kh, color prefs? ryan, i can do most colors. but the more complicated ones wont turn out as good, so the simpler the better. my best is probably bleeding shad or craw, but for muddy i dont know what youd want, i fish clear water.
Old 01-05-06, 10:12 PM   #13
rrw4258

i have good luck with a brown craw color with a bright orange belly, works great for muddier water. Also a black with a blue back is a good color. Please send them out asap, as i cannot wait to fish them... check your pm ill send you my address... Thanks!!

Ryan
Old 01-05-06, 11:21 PM   #14
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

Cb
I would be happy to test your lure. Any color would be fine. Red gold or silver if you have them.
email or pm and let me know
Tom
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 12:21 AM   #15
scrap

pm me too. i'll pay postage, red, gold, silver, anyone industrious to try is certainly worth trying his product.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 01:03 AM   #16
bass kicker

hey cranky il take one in white and silver

ill send a message latter to tell you my message
Old 01-06-06, 07:00 AM   #17
Christopherkeene9

Ill take one Red Shad please! If you need any help with crank baits and can give you a few beginning pointer not much and reb can help you with spinnerbaits.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 12:28 PM   #18
Unregistered

[QUOTE=rrw4258]if it is free and i don't have to pay for shipping i will be glad to help you and give you the true feedback. I am always looking to try a new lure!! Thanks Alot!!!

Neil
Old 01-06-06, 12:32 PM   #19
Unregistered

If it is totally free il take a bass kicker in any color. Neil
Old 01-06-06, 01:36 PM   #20
Unregistered

If it is totally free il take a bass kicker in any color. I can line up a order with cabela's if you can produce 5,000 of these lures we will sell them for 4.99 each. We are willing to pay you the inventor .99 cents per item.
Please contact us when you have made a few thousand and we'll get the contract ready..would feb. be to early?
Old 01-06-06, 04:48 PM   #21
TackleTester

Send a message via AIM to TackleTester

if you want, i'll test one in a silver/gold back if you can....send me a pm with other info.....Good luck and I think that might be a decent idea...Once you get the 1st test results you can make changes ect.....good luck!..thanks again
TackleTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-06, 07:30 PM   #22
crankybait

unregistered cabelas guy, feb would definetely be too early. im a kid, and i dont have the cash for 5000 hooks. perhaps a year and ill be selling them commercially like that. plus, the testing would take a month or so. then id get results, read over them, modify as much as i can, test em again (this time the same people who tested my last ure and gave back decent feedback). ill have to use this method until i get it right. then ill be privately selling em on a site, until i get more cash. then with the cash, ill buy all the gear i need, and add in more modifications to the lure, like glass eyes, a treble hook, and bills. ill be making a whole line in different degigns. my first one is a regular minnow, with a slight twist of design to make it differnt from other lures. plus, how would i contact you? youre unregisterd. once again, im a kid, no nothing about contracts. 4.99 per one? you could go much lower than that, and i doubt people would buy if these dont have a reputation yet. i plan on first testing, then getting the word out, selling (made to order), modifying, testing again, then adding new designs. then i get new designs tested, and that would be when id actually be ready for this. making 5000 of these without knowing theyd sell would kill me. tackle tester, check your pms
Old 01-06-06, 07:34 PM   #23
crankybait

oh yeah... and im new to this, so if the first ones suck, hang with me. just tell me in the feedback what happened, and ill send you another one, trying to correct what went wrong. this is how it will improve. also, the first colors wont be as good, since the shading would be a bit differnt, or maybe not bleded perfectly... i dont know, but i will improve. also, i dont know most colors, so pm me with a pic of a lure in the color you want. please stay with me. thanks
Old 01-07-06, 12:16 AM   #24
bass kicker

hey if you need any help cranky i have been makin tackle fo a few years now just send me a pm
Old 01-07-06, 08:02 AM   #25
crankybait

really? what kind? and also, after i send you a lure or two to try out, would you be able to perhaps try modifying it yourself and tel me what you did, and how it change the action? ill send you another one with midifications after that

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.