Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-09-06, 12:14 AM   #1
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Bought myself an xrap and took her out for a spin

After Kc caught an "8lber" (hulapoprs friend in that one post) i went out and bought an xrap in Silver the smaller version XR08.Relined a spinning outfit with 50lb power and started fishing off the point (a sandbag point that goes out quite a ways) with no luck.Later we went down to the newly renovated boat docks that have lights on at night, fished it for awhile then starting walking out along this floating dock.I saw some water beetles screwing around in the light took a cast at it and gave it 2 hard jerks to get it down a lil went to give it another jerk i felt some weight set the hook and that drag screemed as this fish ran.Put up a good fight lipped the sucker and it was quite a bass 4lbs respectfully he had that xrap deep in the back of his throat it was about 2 am when i caught this fish.Caught a skinnier version of that xrap fish just this night on a T rigged gator tail worm(its like a really exagerated ribbon tail super fat) in red shad on them same docks.If you havnt already, pick yourself up an xrap totally worth the money.Looking forward to buying a digital camera to start posting pictures of these fish.
Old 04-09-06, 12:40 AM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Flames, I bought 3 of them, but haven't fished them yet.Thanks for posting about them.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 05:28 AM   #3
1FASTLASER

Hmmmmmmm.....sounds like I might have to invest insome of these xraps. They seem to be doing well. I did pick up some of the DT14's to use later in the summer. Man they got awesome colors available and I really like the action.
Old 04-09-06, 09:11 AM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i got three of em and hope to get em all wet this afternoon...details at 6....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 07:50 PM   #5
flamez

boy that xrap is all torn up caught somewhere near 10 bass today (none good size) one was around one inch bigger them my 3 3/4 inch xrap my friend also caught somewhere near 12 oand 17 bass boucing them near lilly pads in about 2 to 4 feet clear water SILVER is my color
Old 04-09-06, 08:13 PM   #6
pig n jig

Laser, You a mind reader ? I looked at the DT-14 's today.I couldn't find the color I wanted in the 14 size.The color is pearl gray shiner. It looks so good, its gotta catch fish.The color I got was Brown bone. Its real close to an old Poes color I used to fish after I took the time to get it good and faded. That old poes 400P used to catch good fish for me years ago.Maybe the Rapala might not work like the old poes though, just because Fritts was involved with both of them ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 08:16 PM   #7
flamez

heres a pic of color ive been using
Old 04-09-06, 08:26 PM   #8
JB

i went to www.rapala.com and looked at all the colors and names of the 14 and xrap10, man they sure do look great!
Old 04-09-06, 10:20 PM   #9
seaphantom
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to seaphantom

I went to Wal-Mart and bought an x-rap..
lol, caught nothing. How do you guys present these things?

Tore 'em up on worms though

sp
Old 04-10-06, 04:02 AM   #10
flamez

today i just couldnt catch them on the rap with a twitch twitch presentation but i just started straight cranking and bam that bite was on ofcourse my friend was nailing them on the twitch twitch
Old 04-10-06, 05:24 AM   #11
tournyfisher508
BassFishin.Com Member

man this story sounds so familiar cause i gave my friend the idea to buy the xrap then i gave him my 50lb power pro for his spinning rod but alls flamez is known for is catching them carp so this cant be my friend and alls flamez throughs is sand minnows lol gotcha i totaly got the last 2 fish 3 including that monter pickerall
tournyfisher508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-06, 06:02 PM   #12
JB

going to give carpman some competition flamez? lol
Old 04-10-06, 06:13 PM   #13
flamez

who got that pickeral off huh hoe? u cant talk to me like that i will file a report
Old 04-10-06, 06:14 PM   #14
flamez

i caught small fish and thats all the matters i dont think we wanna say who got big fish caus 1 and a 1/2 aint much to brag about

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.