Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 02-22-10, 11:36 AM   #76
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
He fished but finished dead last, got totally shut out both days.
I need to know why he did so poorly.. You learn more from mistakes than anything else.

Capt Mike
Old 02-22-10, 11:43 AM   #77
Jrob78

Quote:
I need to know why he did so poorly.. You learn more from mistakes than anything else.
They talked about him on the coverage but they didn't go into any detail. They did say that the flipping bite was completely shut down but Tommy Biffle did pretty well flipping. So I'm not really sure what happened to Denny. Boyd Duckett only caught one fish during the tournament and Skeet Reese didn't fair much better. I think location was critical. Seems like guys either had a strong tournament or a really poor one.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 01:17 PM   #78
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

I get the impression that a lot of you have not heard the statement "90% of the fish are in 10% of the water". Case in point, ALL the top 3 finishing anglers did not Milk run the tourny. They camped out on where they found fish. KVD left his spot for 10 min on Sat and came right back realizing he may invite others to fish it if he left for too long.

Most tournaments don't seem to show this 90% to 10% rule but in reality they do. There were only 51 anglers in this tourny to start and they are just a drop in a 10 gallon bucket in relation to the water on the lake. How many PRO's fish a regular BASS or FLW event? 100, 150?? So they are 2 or 3 drops in the bucket.

Considering the conditions leading up to and during the classic I was surprised that as many fish were weighed in as there was.
Old 02-22-10, 02:29 PM   #79
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It does my heart good to see phenomenal anglers like Denny Bruer, Skeet Reese, and Boyd Duckett pretty much come up gooseggs. Not to see them lose, but because if they get skunked in an event they are dying to win, I don't feel so bad for going out on a hot day and putting nothing in the boat. I must be fishing that other 90% of the water too much.

On a side note, I'm no feminist, but I thought it was way cool to see Pam Martin-Wells bring in a full limit all three days to end up in 22nd place. I wonder if this was a first?
Old 02-22-10, 02:53 PM   #80
WTL

The one feeling I have always had about Denny Brauer is that he is pretty stubborn. I don't know, but it sure is easy to imagine a scenario where he goosegged on the first day flipping, decided he was out of the tourney, and then stuck with the flipping the second day just to try and make the fish bite on his terms.

But I would be interested in hearing from the man himself. I agree with the Captain, you learn more from poor days. I always wanted to see a show that specialized in showing post cold front fishing, you know, how to scrounge up 3 bites on an otherwise impossible day....
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 05:24 PM   #81
bamabassman

Well like daniel, lisa and i had a fantastic time as well. Getting to meet SBK, and bubba and his wonderful family along with mississippiboy AND gal and the princess too, hehe. Got to say this gang, ol bubba is gonn have his hands full with his 3 boys in the near future. He got some big boys and his wife is truly a nice lady. So glad to meet them. As ofr the event....man so much to do and so little time to do it. Gonna have to go to new orleans i think too. Sad part of the trip was lisa was already a little sick with the crud, then i got it saturday night. Didn't go to work today cause i just couldn't get outta bed. But it was worth it to meet some of the pros. Now it is time for US to go fishing. I am so ready now...............
Old 02-22-10, 07:54 PM   #82
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Angler of the year elite series finale is in Montgomery.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 12:02 AM   #83
MississippiBoy

Here's the few pics we took at the Expo. We were too busy walking around with our mouths hanging open to take many. Also got a pic of my new lucky hat...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Autographs.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	525.8 KB
ID:	4757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Conversation.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	527.2 KB
ID:	4758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daniel and David Fritts2.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	418.4 KB
ID:	4759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daniel and Rick Clunn.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	509.8 KB
ID:	4760   Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Daniel.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	4761  

Click image for larger version

Name:	John and David Fritts.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	4762   Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Rick Clunn.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	512.8 KB
ID:	4763   Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Tim Horton.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	4764   Click image for larger version

Name:	John waiting.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	4765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shaw Grigsby1.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	4766  

Old 02-23-10, 12:58 AM   #84
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Internet has been on the fritz, and Mike in India wasn't helping much. I think he changed his name because I probably couldn't repeat his momma given name, but anyways. I got to watch the blast off Saturday morning. I was forced to stand on some frozen rocks when the crowd started coming in, and let's just say, I puckered up a few times from the tennies slipping. But I watched 49 boats head south with the last 2 hanging u-turns and heading North. One was KVD and the other was the Tightlines wrapped boat, anyone know the angler? So I walked back to the truck and started to leave and saw all the people lined up on the bridge and decided to see what was going on. There was no mistaking the Z-9 wrapped boat sitting in the hole, so I pulled over and watched the man fish for about an hour. I watched him land 3 fish back to back on the gold red eye. RNR, you talk about the man being business and I see what you mean from the edits. But he was whooping and hollering and interacting with the fans showing off his catch, but it was only momentarily, and he was back to business. I noticed Ike has turned his drama volume down a little bit too though. Anyways, jumped in the truck and headed back to pick up the family at the hotel and get checked out. We headed to the Expo at the BJCC and played hide-n-go-seek with MSBoy and his family for a few and finally met up. Then Bama and the Mrs. joined us. We hung out a little while and everything pretty much followed the same lines as MSBoy posted as far as seeing some people like SBK & Tim Knox. I got to meet Paul Elias and a few others, too. I felt sort of bad for asking to Ish Monroe to step out of my way to see a display, he was holding out his pin like I wanted him to sign something, but I really just wanted to see the display. My kids were getting rowdy by the end of the day so we didn't stay for the weigh-in, plus we had a church function to attend Sunday, so we headed out. I think the monkey only did $28 in damage, so I feel good. I hated I didn't get to spend more time with the fellas, but hopefully we can make plans to attend the LA Delta next year. I will try to get a pic of the boys in the play house a little later.
Old 02-23-10, 01:15 AM   #85
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.