Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-14-11, 05:05 PM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ya'll familier with U.S.Reels?

I ran across some info today that led me to their website....I'd never heard of them and I was impressed by what I saw and read on their site....I also was impressed with their prices.....Do any of you guys use their reels, and if so whats your opinion.

Heres a cool video showing the unique way their baitcaster works.....very cool indead....Whats your thoughts?

http://www.usreel.com/products/BaitCasterVideo.aspx
Old 01-14-11, 06:28 PM   #2
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

hey, I never used this reel. I have a couple of friends who went to buy them, turns out US reels are now made overseas. So if Made in USA is a consideration, better investigate this.
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 06:47 PM   #3
cassidyta

The concepts behind it make sense. I am wondering what the failure rate of the levelwind height adjustment would be. It looked very easy to change, which makes me wonder how it holds up if you are changing it often.

I don't know that it would be changed often, but I am just curious.
Old 01-14-11, 08:05 PM   #4
walkeraviator

I have been ey balling these for a while, waiting for a 5:1ish ratio to come out for cranks...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 11:14 PM   #5
66KingFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbetsguy View Post
hey, I never used this reel. I have a couple of friends who went to buy them, turns out US reels are now made overseas. So if Made in USA is a consideration, better investigate this.
When I first saw the name U.S.Reels, I was hoping they were made here, but in looking thru there website, they clearly pointed out that the design of the reel and the people responsible for it all are from the USA, but the reels are mfg'd in china.....They seemed to be upfront about it so no harm no foul I suppose....I'd still like to try one.
Old 01-14-11, 11:18 PM   #6
Ebbetsguy

Keep an eye on Cabelas then, they had them on sale a few times in the Bargin bid, recently, along with their spinning reels.
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 11:23 PM   #7
66KingFisher

Lord, knows I'm in no position to be buyin any fishin equipment right now, but at some point in time I would like to get my hands on one......I was hoping a few guys here might have used them and could review one for me.
Old 01-15-11, 02:23 PM   #8
Deacon

I just bought one of the US reels(spinning) 230 size. It is a awesome reel. I took it to a local lake yesterday and it performed BETTER than I had anticipated. I spooled it with 15lb mono(backing), then 10 braid and 6lb floro. It has a huge spool so alot of line was used. It casted my splitshot rig like a champ. I felt like it casted further than all my other spinning reels. Super smooth drag and felt very solid. I highly reccomend this reel for you guys out there. For the price it really performed well.....
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-11, 02:00 PM   #9
DVT Mike

I handled a few at a recent event. I couldn't see anything immediate to sway me one way or the other. The level wind could be an advantage in freezing weather since there is no eye to ice up. They claim that the eyeless levelwind adds casting distance by removing sharp agles from the path of the line. That may be true to some extent, but I'm skeptical that it would be an advantage in practical application.
Old 01-20-11, 05:09 PM   #10
g_rigor
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

I own both a 230sx and a 1000 super pro baitcaster and all i can say is both work great. The baitcaster really casts well and i hardly get any backlashes. I started by applying half the centrifugal weights and kept eliminating one at a time until i had them all off and just use the line guide height adjustment. I know a 7 to 1 reel is too fast for cranking but i use it for that because i can throw my cranks about 25 to 30 feet farther than with my other baitcasters. I just reel slower and i've had no problems. The spinning reel is also great, i use it for dropshotting. Really smooth drag system. Check e-bay, i found the spinning reel for 43 dollars and the baitcaster for 115.00. That's a big discount over retail.
g_rigor is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.