Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-10-11, 01:06 PM   #51
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Bump!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-11, 01:34 PM   #52
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Where are we going and when? Man, I hope I can make this year!
Old 10-10-11, 02:29 PM   #53
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
Where are we going and when? Man, I hope I can make this year!
Kevin and I talked about trying to have another one this year if your are interested. He also told me about a power plant lake that stays warm all winter and we are talking about trying to have a small get together this winter too if anyone is interested.
Old 10-10-11, 03:19 PM   #54
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Kevin and I talked about trying to have another one this year if your are interested. He also told me about a power plant lake that stays warm all winter and we are talking about trying to have a small get together this winter too if anyone is interested.
That made my ears perk up....what's the story?
Old 10-10-11, 06:11 PM   #55
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
That made my ears perk up....what's the story?
Kevin is really the guy who can give the most details on it, or maybe Tony knows about this place as well but I just know what Kevin told me. He said that it can be really good around November and that they generally spawn around February in this lake. I know the Lake is in Eastern Kansas and that there are cabins at the lake that rent for around $30 a night.
Old 10-10-11, 10:31 PM   #56
TN_Bassin

i still vote for ky lake
Old 10-10-11, 10:59 PM   #57
Tavery5

All I know about the lake is basically what has already been said. It is in North Eastern KS very close to the Missouri border. Name of the lake is La Cygne Reservoir, it is about 2600 acres and has a very good variety of fish. In the winter the warm water outlet from the power plant attracts bait fish and in turn the bass follow. Should be good fishing as the water on the rest of the lake is starting to cool down.
Old 10-12-11, 07:15 PM   #58
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
All I know about the lake is basically what has already been said. It is in North Eastern KS very close to the Missouri border. Name of the lake is La Cygne Reservoir, it is about 2600 acres and has a very good variety of fish. In the winter the warm water outlet from the power plant attracts bait fish and in turn the bass follow. Should be good fishing as the water on the rest of the lake is starting to cool down.
I fish La Cygne about every week during the winter since it's 45 minutes from my house. As long as they are generating it can be really good. It probably has one of the highest populations of big bass in Kansas, fish close to and over 10 pounds are caught almost every year. It's stained water and mainly shallow water fishing, 10 feet and less. Like any lake it can be really tough but it is for sure one of the best options around during the winter time. My largest single day 5 bass limit came from La Cygne a couple years ago on a swimbait in February, 31+ pounds of bass and over 30 wipers that each weighed over 4lbs and up to 8lbs. My shoulders literally ached from catching fish that night.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-11, 07:32 PM   #59
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebasser86 View Post
I fish La Cygne about every week during the winter since it's 45 minutes from my house. As long as they are generating it can be really good. It probably has one of the highest populations of big bass in Kansas, fish close to and over 10 pounds are caught almost every year. It's stained water and mainly shallow water fishing, 10 feet and less. Like any lake it can be really tough but it is for sure one of the best options around during the winter time. My largest single day 5 bass limit came from La Cygne a couple years ago on a swimbait in February, 31+ pounds of bass and over 30 wipers that each weighed over 4lbs and up to 8lbs. My shoulders literally ached from catching fish that night.
So when we going?
Old 10-12-11, 07:39 PM   #60
Jrob78

Sounds good! I've got some decisions to make...
Old 10-13-11, 07:11 PM   #61
bluebasser86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
So when we going?
Like I said I go pretty much once every week, weather permitting. If the wind is over about 15mph from the north or south it gets pretty rough and falling out of the boat in the winter is a bad deal. As long as I have advanced notice I can get time off pretty easily. There is cabins on the lake for anyone that wanted to stay for a couple days but other than that there isn't much around. There's a gas station and one little diner but that is really it within about a 15 minute drive. I'm usually out there by myself because I have weekdays off so I almost always have room in my boat for one more.
Old 10-13-11, 07:51 PM   #62
Bassboss

That lake in KS sounds great! Would be great to go fishing at a honey whole like that when there's ice on the lakes here!
Old 10-14-11, 12:27 PM   #63
carolina-rig-01

By talking to Kevin the other day I got the impression that we would try and do the power plant lake get together more towards the dead of winter, when the fishing everywhere else around here sucks. We also talked about trying another get together in the late spring like the one that got flooded out last year, so we have a few options. I expected the power plant lake get together to be a small one just because of winter weather making travel difficult and I thought that we might try to have a bigger blow out in the spring like we planned last year but anyone and everyone is welcome to come in the winter if we get this thing off the ground, and if nobody wants to do a spring get together that's ok with me too.
Old 10-14-11, 07:04 PM   #64
Jrob78

I am definitely interested in the winter trip but I will have to play it by ear. I am trying to sock away a few thousand dollars for some other things and I'm planning on going to the Classic in February. Keep me in the loop and hopefully I will be able to make it.

As far as a redo, late spring Grand trip, I am definitely in for that!
Old 10-14-11, 09:40 PM   #65
bluebasser86

Seems like La Cygne really gets cranking in January and February during the coldest months of the year. I probably live as close as anyone to the lake and would be willing to help with what I can in planning it. It's not a huge lake so you shouldn't be spending a bunch of money running around the lake. Here's just a little bit of info on the lake.
http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Fis...ygne-Reservoir
Old 10-15-11, 09:38 AM   #66
bamabassman

ok......ya'll got a winter trip going on. but i wanna know if bryce is hosting the SPRING event, and WHERE?

PONY UP BRYCE............
Old 10-15-11, 11:50 AM   #67
nofearengineer

What's to pony up, Bama?

I'm still waiting for people to decide where they want to have it.

It can't really be a Democratic process, because as we've seen in years past, people wind up not making it for one reason or another. It would be a bit odd if it wound up a bunch of people "voting" others into fishing a particular location and then not showing up haha.

I would be honored to host it at Dale Hollow. After a couple of stays there, I feel like I know my way around at least a little. If there are any objections, we can explore different options.

If anyone has any worries about the fishing being tough at Dale, I will definitely be there all week before the main gang arrives. I can scout around to find the best spots, and even mark some promising places with my sideviewer. Obviously, the fishing was great this past May. I would love to see a few guys catch their dream Smallie too.

So let me know if that is what we want to do.
Old 10-15-11, 04:08 PM   #68
bassboogieman

The heck with Democratic, if Bryce is hosting it then I declare him the Supreme Grand Phoobah for 2012, with all the associated unlimited power to decide whatever needs deciding, with the full suport of those of us willing to subject ourselves to said decisions.
Is that all clear?

Dale Hollow sounds good to me - it's about the outer limit of my travel range for 2012, other than my trip to Florida in January. Get to it NFE, pick a date, a place to lay our heads and let's get the ball rolling. I want one of those 6# smallies for my wall...........
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 09:29 PM   #69
nobass

i am with bruce nfe is hosting he decides where it will be and when. i like dale hallow i have never fish it but always wanted to . now i have no reason not to.
Old 10-15-11, 09:53 PM   #70
bamabassman

i 3rd the motion. bryce is the grand POOPBAH (hehe) and the spring event will be held at DALE HOLLOW. now set the time bryce and let's get to talking aobut it bud.

and listen fellas, i don't wnna sound like a broken record. but PLEASE,PLEASE..PLEASE......let's more of the better halves to attend this one next spring. wife, girlfriend, hooker....WHATEVER you want to call her. lisa is kinda lonely being one of the ONLY females to attend ok? if ya'll can't talk oyur better halves into attending, she may not attend herself. and then i won't have ANY fish in the boat AT ALL. and that would be HORRIBLE!!!

Last edited by bamabassman; 10-15-11 at 10:05 PM.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 10:45 PM   #71
bassboogieman

My wife wouldn't think of going with me on a fishing trip - WTH do you think I bring Doc? If I had another option.............. don't ya think I'd take it?
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 11:53 PM   #72
bamabassman

brucie,brucie,brucie.........she can lounge around a the lodge man. i want doc to bring his wife too. lisa can't get out in the sun near as much as she used to now. her anti-rejection meds won't let her. she gets sun cancer too easily now. and she needs some women folk to hang with when she can't get out on the water (which will be slim to none now it seems.). so please, you guys bring your wives if at all possible. they can go shopping or lay aorund the lodge, or something.
Old 10-15-11, 11:55 PM   #73
Jrob78

Don't most guys go on fishing trips to get away from their wives?

Last edited by Jrob78; 10-16-11 at 12:37 AM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 02:50 PM   #74
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

LMAO Joe!

I'd be in for the Hollow. I'll start talking my dad into it now or I'll end up coming by myself... and paying for all the gas!

BB
Old 10-16-11, 02:59 PM   #75
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I want to hear some dates. Give em up!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.