Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 02-27-14, 06:53 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Kind of graphic, especially for animal lovers

I know most of us, maybe even all of us would take a dog over a cat, any day of the week.

I've always been a dog guy, never been a cat guy.

My Rott died a couple years before the ol lady moved in last April.
She brought a 100 pound plus Golden and a cat.

After being petless for a couple years, I really didn't want to get back into that whole mess again.

Then....THEN............she shows up with a momma and 4 kittens for us to foster, a couple months back. I wasn't happy, but I allowed it.
The 4 lil ****s really kinda grew on me after a while.

Now.....

I was sitting in front of the laptop earlier, and I hear her dog bark/growl, look up and he is biting one of the kittens in the freakin head.

I jump up and go after the dog. He runs into the hall, then into the kitchen. At that point, I catch up to him and slap him upside his head with everything I got (while sliding on the floor).

Immediately after this, I hear my gf (who was coming down from the loft when this started, say Oh my God! Or Holy ****!...somethin like that.
I could tell by her tone that something was wrong. I turned and saw the kitten, looking like it was tryin out for the gymnastics team, all over the place, spewin freakin blood. Blood on my tv speaker...the tile....the carpet....I grab the kitten, run it into the bathroom and put it into the tub. Where it bled out within a minute.

It took us probably 1/2 hour to clean up the blood, and some will never come out. Had to throw both bathroom rugs in the trash, and there's no way to get it off the tv speaker, since there's nothing to push against behind the cloth.

Here's the thing. This little kitten could curl up in the dog's water bowl. Her brother does it all the time. Yet this big *** dog is threatened by a little kitten??? Just cuz the dog is eatin one of the dozen milk bones he gets every freakin day????

The ol lady had to go take care of some of the medical stuff she's goin through, and took the dog with her.

Whether she brings the dog back or not, is gonna tell me everything I need to know about her character.

Anyways, thanks for listenin to me vent.

RIP Mizz Cali
Old 02-27-14, 11:56 PM   #2
keithdog

Wow, that's awful. I'm more of a dog guy, but I do like cats as well. I'd probably have one if it were not for us already having a bird, and two large dogs. I don't know what to say Mike. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable having the dog anywhere near the kittens at this point. Plus, I would worry about any very young children around the dog. Maybe tell a vet you know about what happened and ask if he/she would have any good advice on handling that situation.
Old 02-28-14, 12:45 AM   #3
MallenManson

Thanks, Keith.
I was leanin towards gettin rid of the dog after this episode.

Looks like I'm gettin rid of the ol lady as well.
As far as I'm concerned, there is zero excuse for her defending her dog.....killing 1 of the kittens she brought into my house.

I threw out all his treats, and sent her a pic of every single one of his toys that he's still alive to enjoy, going up in flames in my driveway.

Now she's accusing me of burning her stuff lol
She's been here since April......and hasn't given me a dime towards my bills.....I'll burn her 40 pairs of shoes, for heat, let alone burnin her dog's toys so he doesn't kill another freakin kitten
Old 02-28-14, 02:06 AM   #4
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Dog did it once....he will defintly do it again!!!

Take him for along drive in the country had let him out and drive away.
Maybe good idea to take the girlfriend along to keep her precious pet company.

Now for the weak person and animal lover side of me.
The dog really doesn't understand what it did wrong.
But whats he going to do when some small child comes close when he's eating.

Now for my humorist side.....
If you got any Mong families in your town. Invite them over for a DOGQUE.
They make great side dishes and may leave you with a copy of thier favorite cook book, 'How to WOK a dog'.

Again Mike, sorry to hear the challenges your enduring.
Keep one of the other kittens.....it'll be alot easier and cheaper to raise than the pussy you threw out.
Old 02-28-14, 07:12 AM   #5
lilmule

One of the oddities of the real world,while the dog was at fault,he has certain rights,a cat on the other hand is considered a wild creature and has none.A neighbors dog can enter your yard kill your cat and cannot be held liable for the death of the cat,just for shall we say less than desirable behavior.Had to have been a cat hater that thought that one up,maybe some states have or are changing the law regarding cats.
I often have both and only obserbed that behavior once prior with a dog and stopped it prior to cat getting perforated at the time thought was jealousy.
Also had a huge rott,who was protective of small things,acted like they were her pup,ridge back if another dog came within 3 ft of them,where ever they were curled up.And just where does a 100+ rott sleep ,well just about anywhere it wants to.
Also had a cat do same thing,mother was dropped starving,took her in fed her two days later had kittens,she bit one in the head,to the point it was a gonner,maybe she thought there wasnt enough milk dunno,but life or mother nature can be cruel sometimes.
Suggest you box or bag up her 40 pair of shoes and let her pick them up,and on a technical note you did burn her dogs toys,they belong to her not the dog.Or it all aint over as jury/judge while sympathic towards the kitten will still award her $.
Was it something to get puffed up about yes,and you did react and not reward both by them having to leave.
Dont dismay winter will be over soon.

Last edited by lilmule; 02-28-14 at 07:52 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 09:54 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Wow...sounds like Mike and I will have a LOT to talk about in April LOL.

I feel your pain, brother.
Old 02-28-14, 11:16 AM   #7
bassboogieman

Mike, it seems you have a problem with identification of acceptable female companions. I would suggest reading Snoopdog's book How to Choose yo' B!tch. It's a bit hard to read as it tends to wander a bit, like maybe he wrote it under the influence of something? But he lays it out pretty plainly in the four pages of text and one of pictures. Bottom line is women have but ONE thing going for them, most men in pursuit of that one thing forget about everything else. You need to focus on everything else, and if you do that, that ONE thing will present itself in a package surrounded by everything else you hold dear. It isn't easy, but it will happen if you maintain your proper focus.

Or I would be happy to send you MY book: The Honeybadger Philosophy. It's slightly shorter than Snoopdog's. Well actually it's only one page, and truth be told it's only one sentence. I'm working on the Kindle edition and that should be available shortly.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-14, 12:14 PM   #8
MallenManson

LMAO!

You guys are the best!
I'm still feelin what happened yesterday (it'll be a long time before I get that image out of my head....and I just got back from a court ordered neutering. Well...the neutering wasn't court ordered but any possible court ordered child support has nowbeen eliminated ; ) )

Cpuple points you guys brought up:

I thought (briefly) about asking her what I owed her for the treats and toys. Then I remembered that she's been here for 10 months and hasn't helped me with the bills, not one single time.

I do seem to have a problem with finding acceptable women.
As the song goes, I like my women a little on the trashy side. Although this one isn't trashy lol.
But man in all my years I have never seen a high maintenance woman like this one!
It's unreal!
Always makes me think of my last live-in. She could have been an Ivory girl.
Her idea of getting ready for work was: shower...deodorant...brush teeth...pull ponytail through back of ball cap....apply lip gloss that made her lips puffy.

Pretty sure her and I are done, and I'm 100% fine with that
Old 02-28-14, 01:27 PM   #9
nofearengineer

Mike, "high maintenance" does not always mean "fussy about make-up and clothing". For me it means "borderline personality disorder".
Old 02-28-14, 09:17 PM   #10
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Mike, "high maintenance" does not always mean "fussy about make-up and clothing". For me it means "borderline personality disorder".
LOL to me it means.....I can't use the downstairs bathroom for 3-4 hours lol
Old 02-28-14, 09:25 PM   #11
MallenManson

I knew I had missed somethin good in this thread. Had to read it all again to figure out what I missed.

Joe.....it was your post. the whole Mong thing.
Completely reminded me of the movie Gran Torino! Great movie, btw, if any of you haven't seen it.

What do I know about movies though? Siskel and Ebert, I ain't.
Hell...right now I'm watchin Undercover Brother......
Old 03-02-14, 01:34 AM   #12
MallenManson

Just stoppin by for a few.
Lookin for a lil sanity in the world lol. Probably coulda picked a better place lol.
Love you guys. Thanks for hearin me out, and for your comments
Old 03-09-14, 06:19 PM   #13
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am more of a cat person. The dog would be gone, along with any attachments, toys, treats, girl, etc.
Oh, and my yard is out of bounds to neighborhood dogs. I've been to court once because I shot a dog that was in my yard. I am happy to report, the accusers, along with losing their unleashed, uncontrolled dog ... also lost the case.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 10:38 PM   #14
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechell View Post
I am more of a cat person. The dog would be gone, along with any attachments, toys, treats, girl, etc.
Oh, and my yard is out of bounds to neighborhood dogs. I've been to court once because I shot a dog that was in my yard. I am happy to report, the accusers, along with losing their unleashed, uncontrolled dog ... also lost the case.
Glad you won the case.
In this day and age, common sense doesn't usually extend to the court system

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.