Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-06, 08:39 PM   #1
ike
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to ike Send a message via Yahoo to ike
Default Your Advice

What would you fish points,coves,dropoffs or docks? And also what would you use around those?
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 08:43 PM   #2
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Pretty broad question. All of those are my "favorite". Of course that depends on the day. Give us a few more variables to play with. Seasonal and specific lake conditions.
Old 04-06-06, 09:12 PM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike
What would you fish points,coves,dropoffs or docks? And also what would you use around those?
Yes, and I use lot's of stuff LOL, as WI said more info, and you'll get more responses, along with some good choices. But everyone has their favorites, I'm even thinking about changing my name to PacaCrawsrule or the flukeman

Lizards
Old 04-06-06, 09:14 PM   #4
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

liz,you should change it to santa claus...lol
Old 04-06-06, 09:15 PM   #5
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
liz,you should change it to santa claus...lol
ROTFL

Lizards
Old 04-06-06, 10:59 PM   #6
ike
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to ike Send a message via Yahoo to ike

well i dont know how the day is going to be but when i find out before the tourney i will let you guys know. Its regionals for Jr.Bassmasters.
but the lake is called Webster Lake its in Massachussets. i will email my director real quick to ask him what month its gonna be on then i will post up again when he tells me.
ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 05:00 PM   #7
zooker

hands down green pumkin water melon seed plastics, white spinner bait,1/4oz ratltrap black back chrome sides..the lakes in new england tend to be very clear.

zooker
Old 04-07-06, 05:01 PM   #8
JB

man zooker you favor that 1/4 trap dont ya? what gives, fish the damn1/2 size rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-06, 05:08 PM   #9
zooker

only if it is muddy jb only in the mud..
favor hell i have carolina chip repainting about six 1/4oz dainmond shad right now -cause strike king paint jobs suck..

zooker
Old 04-07-06, 09:04 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
only if it is muddy jb only in the mud..
favor hell i have carolina chip repainting about six 1/4oz dainmond shad right now -cause strike king paint jobs suck..

zooker
Have you ever used Dwain's service, I was thinking about trying him out. Got a few that lets say have been banged more than they should have LOL. I know Chip gives him high marks.

Lizards
Old 04-09-06, 10:15 PM   #11
Turbo Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

What to use any lure that rattles Why a rattle you ask.Rattles create the same kind of vibrations that wounded bait gives off a lot of guys pick a lure for the action it has but lets face it Big bass are lazy and want an easy meal. Each time a ball hits the side of the plastic in a rattle it sends out sound and vibrations much differant than say the vibrations of a spinnerbait blade. When fish feel the vibrations and hear the sound it trigers a strike Vibration being the most important I mean why does a bass hit a Spinner or Buzzbait does it look like anything they feed on Answer NO its the vibrations it gives off I know what I am talking about I make rattles and I use them in all typts of fishing I do Freshwater or Saltwater I fish the Pro Kingfish trail and even the King mackrel go crazy on a rattle you even notice that the live bait the rattle is in front of is 10 times more active with a rattle at it nose. I bass fished for years and still do and I allways done better when I added a rattle to the lures I used My Baits of choice are a Spinnerbait and a Buzzbait and when all else fails a black texas riged worm but you can be asured they will all have a rattler added to them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TR-B-GR.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	305  
Old 04-10-06, 06:00 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

Welcome to the boards Turbo. Good information on here and lots of it if you can weed through the bull...LOL Anyway your post on a rattle got me to thinking back to 1990. I was fishing the local tourneys in Pa when one afternoon before a allnight tourney I got the idea of putting a rattle on a spinnerbait arm. I had never seen or heard of that before and thought what the hell. Well needless to say I won many a dollar on that spinnerbait. A long arm single #5 deep dish colorado blade,black skirt and half a 7"power worm for a trailer. Talk about killing those smallies. Fished it on a semi slow roll around the docks and pilings on Wallenpaupack and I kid you not the particular rod I chose to fish it on was torn all to hell by the end of the season. If memory serves me right I won right at 7500 that year and qualified for the Pa state championship cause of that bait.
Old 04-10-06, 09:09 AM   #13
JB

Welcome!
Ya ever try the same chartruse color for the blade? it used to be all the rage here several years ago.
Old 04-10-06, 12:31 PM   #14
Turbo Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

I like the silver it gives out flash
Old 04-10-06, 06:55 PM   #15
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

welcome turbo...
honesty is the best policy so here goes..that thing just looks too dang weird to me..buzzbaits make plenty of noise without them.i only use cavitron buzzbaits,and once in a while i'll throw a special buzzer sent to me by none other than our own zooker.
Old 04-10-06, 10:16 PM   #16
lizardsrule

Turbo/James Strange.

I checked on the sponsors page, and didn't find you located on there? Yet you've made three posts, 2 on this thread and one on another thread showing/talking about "YOUR PRODUCT", and nothing more on any other threads as for input or fishing help. Guess you don't have any other input other than "YOUR PRODUCT". I know, no one likes to "PAY" to advertise huh?

Lizards
Old 04-11-06, 03:37 PM   #17
bassnman30

Often times in clear water I think that rattles spook fish. When in clear water, I try not to use rattles. I feel like the fish sees the bait at a distance and either will or won't strike. But thats just my opinion.
Old 04-11-06, 05:22 PM   #18
JB

you hit the nail on the head bassman, i never use rattles in clear water, with the exception of the rattletrap, but most of the time here the water has a murk to it during the prime spring/trap season...
I apply that rattle rule mostly to plastics, craws n ' erms
Old 04-11-06, 06:52 PM   #19
zooker

turbo
sup tarheel...yep i have used your baits to some degree. i am impresseed-something rarely achived- with your over all design. though i feel that your baits would work better with a single willow blade.after all that is the first thing i changed on the turbo rattler. i have a hand full of them.. a very outstanding idea imo..the rattle barrel is pretty unique......

and no this guy does not know me or paid me to say any thing about his baits...

zooker
Old 04-11-06, 06:56 PM   #20
JB

what ya caught on it tho?
Old 04-11-06, 07:54 PM   #21
Turbo Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey thanks zooker
As for the clear water rattles wheather it is a worm rattle ar any kind the goal of a rattle is not so the fish can find the bait it is so it can feel it when bait is injured and that is what all game fish are looking for send's out vibrations a bass feels the vibrations trough it's latteral line down it's side. Big fish are lazy and want an easy meal so they dont spend more energy than they consume adding a rattle to your lure presentation make's you lure appear to be a bait in disstress an easy meal try it what do you have to lose I am not trying to get you just use mine. My rattlers may not even work with the lure you may be useing. But try a rattle with your lures and you will be back on this post with a positive report I guarrentie it.
Old 04-11-06, 07:58 PM   #22
JB

How long ya been working on this project and what made ya use the rattles? Did you invent it or are you marketing someones lure?
Old 04-11-06, 08:16 PM   #23
Turbo Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

It's been 3 1/2 years now I have a utilty patent on it a kind of patent that there is no way around. I first took it to a larger well established company I wont name them but I think and this is only my oppion they tryed to starve me to death I guess in hopes in me selling it to them but no way.I took it back and sold more in one order to Boaters World then they bought in 2 1/2 years took a fight to get back controll of my own lure but I did it. Now I must market it on my own done Vary well on the kingfish tournament trails FLW and SKA most of the top 10 finishes were caught on it. I fish both salt and fresh I took the rattle over and put it to work in saltwater thats how I invented the Turbo Rattler and it worked there would be 50 boats on a wreck and we are the only ones hooking up on a tuff day that said it all.
Old 04-11-06, 08:20 PM   #24
Turbo Rattler
BassFishin.Com Member

Here is a photo of our boat someone took a photo of us while breaking in our motors on Badin lake

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/t...=97894&posts=2

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.