Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 11-15-12, 07:52 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Angry Waringin-warning...check oyur papers in your boat!

yes people....PLEASE double check oyur paperwork in your rigs. even though it MAY be in a ziplock baggy...CHECK IT ANYWAY!!

i cleaned out the RAJUN CAJUN today and built a "tent" out of pvc pipe to cover it. since i haven't got the material to add on to the shop yet, i wanted to "winterize" her. well upon taking out all the gear (i always take my gear in the house, drives lisa INSANE! LOL!), I TOOK OUT THE BOX I STORE MY PAPER WORK IN, TAGE RECEIPTS,LISCENSES,ETC..

well i took out the WATERPROFF ziplock baggy that had my tag and liscense receipts in and guess what......SOAKED TO THE BONE!! as well as the booklet on my sonar.

TALK ABOUT PISSED OFF!!!!!

so i CAREFULLY laid out every page, being careful not to tear any of it. laid it all out ont he benches and table in my shop to dry out. even upstapled the booklet and serperated each page. now everything is dry but oyu know how paper is once it has been wet. looks horrible. i am gonna have to try to flatten it out now.

so, please DOUBLE CHECK OYU BAGGIES FOLKS. change em out evry year too. i kow i will from now on.

daniel will post pictures of what it looked like in my shop in a while. i am STILL pissed. BUT ONLY AT MYSELF. so take the time to check oyur gear people. it'll save oyu a REALLY bad headach.
Old 11-15-12, 08:21 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Old 11-15-12, 08:26 PM   #3
bamabassman

THANK YOU DANIEL!

now as you can see, i had ot seperate the booklet. this is my sonar book. on some pages you cna see the water marks. jsut a little heads up folks. i don't want to read aobut this happening to any of ya'll.
Old 11-15-12, 08:28 PM   #4
lilmule

Had that happen years ago now tn is a wallet card along with insurance card.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 12:58 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

And I thought you were just redecorating the shop! Haha, but that sucks big time. Hope it all turns out lookin ok. You might be able to find the manual online if it is illegible.

Best of luck though
Old 11-16-12, 06:16 PM   #6
bamabassman

everything is dried out now. took EVERYTHING out of the boat, wrapped it up and it's ready to sit and wait till spring. now to get all the boxes in the office....boy is lisa pee-od about that. but i don't leav my gear out in a cold shop during winter.....nope...never will.
Old 11-16-12, 07:53 PM   #7
islandbass

Sorry to hear that, Bama. As aiken said, it is possible that there might be a free electronic and downloadable version of your manual somewhere on the internet. It couldn't hurt to look. If you give me the model make and number, I'd be happy to search for you.
Old 11-17-12, 11:09 AM   #8
bamabassman

thanks island....but i got it saved,lol. may be a little funny looking, but it is ok. i just hate thte fact that everything got soaked.
Old 11-17-12, 12:02 PM   #9
keithdog

Well, that really sucks! I know the frustration well. Good thing it's basically saved even if it's not pristine. But your experience should be a lesson to us all. AND, I might add, replace those old zip lock bags that you use to hold messy stuff inside them as well before they leak out.
Old 11-23-12, 08:16 PM   #10
islandbass

I will heed your advice if ever I get a boat. I don't like those kind of surprises either like the one I found Wednesday evening in my home. I noticed a wet spot on the ceiling. I know that is approximately the location of the shower in the master bedroom. So there's got to be a leak under the shower somewhere. Looks like I have a whole new set of home repair skills to learn lol.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.