Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-29-12, 11:58 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Well I think it's finally over.

This past weekend I fished what will most likely be my last tournament of the season. We finished somewhere around 17th out of 50 or so boats, pretty much the story of my season. We did win a few tournaments this season but for the most part it wasn't a great season. With all the stuff going on with the new house and starting a new job and not having vacation time yet, I wasn't able to do much pre-fishing at all this season and fun fishing was almost non-existant. All season long I had just enough success to know that I was close to figuring it out but I always felt like I was one step behind what was going on, and I never was able to dial in a really strong pattern to have a great day. The last 3 tournaments were such a grind that I was almost looking foward to wrapping up the tournament season. There was a great squarebill crankbait bite around shallow cover in the back of creeks and pockets, this is normally my strength as an angler because I love picking apart shallow water cover and feel like I am better than most at it. But no matter how much water we covered and how many creeks and pockets we picked apart we caught tons of short fish and struggled to find keepers while the rest of the field had pretty much the opposite results doing the exact same stuff. It's just been a tough season and although I hate to see it come to an end, I am glad that I am forced to finally take a break and try to dig myself out of this rut.
Old 10-30-12, 12:13 AM   #2
Rebbasser

Don't worry, C-rig. You'll get 'em next year!
Old 10-30-12, 11:33 AM   #3
bamabassman

kory, i am GLAD to see the end of this year bud. the way it has gone for me...well let's just say. GOOD RIDANCE to this year. HOPEFULLY next eyar will a lot better.
Old 10-30-12, 04:46 PM   #4
keithdog

Well, look at it this way. You finished ahead of 33 other boats! Not bad if you think about it. Fishing this year was down up here too. Had a few good days, but had trouble getting into numbers of good fish. Right after ice out, I got some bruisers. But once the spawn was over, it really slacked off. Normally I get several 4 pound plus bass in the fall. But this year, I was lucky to find anything bigger than 2 1/2 pounds. It was a rough year here too. Already looking foreward to ice out 2013.
Old 10-30-12, 07:37 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I have had trouble dialing in this year too. Blame on El Niño! I used to be the same way with deer hunting though. I was always happy to see the season come to an end for some R&R. Sit back and take a breath bud, its about that time.
Old 10-30-12, 09:02 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

Well the funny thing is, after the last 3 tournaments where we didn't do so well I said each time that I was done for the year. But within a few hours of being back at the house I was back online trying to find one more tournament to fish LOL. I honestly think it is all over for me this year because tournaments are getting to be hard to come by and I still have lots of stuff to do around the house, but who knows I may find one more tournament to fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.