Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-13-13, 06:15 PM   #1
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default GoPro prespawn cranking

The GoPro is pretty awesome for critiquing your fishing. Excuse the my demeanor. Someone had just told me that someone else was the king of the lake I was fishing……I was trying to prove that wrong.http://youtu.be/lws6KipqGZs
http://youtu.be/rZUIC8KRj6k
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 06:47 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Awesum man !!!!!
Old 03-13-13, 06:55 PM   #3
Bassboss

Nice fish!
Old 03-13-13, 09:18 PM   #4
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Pretty cool, good job. I have wondered this before, but what kind of boat do you fish out of? Is it some kind of modified pontoon? You sure do have it set up!
Old 03-13-13, 09:35 PM   #5
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Pretty cool, good job. I have wondered this before, but what kind of boat do you fish out of? Is it some kind of modified pontoon? You sure do have it set up!
Gun it's just a small pontoon....i couldn't go the bass boat route but i shure as hell try to rig it like one
Old 03-13-13, 10:00 PM   #6
kennethdaysale

Shawn I like the vid-I like the toon-I like the Go Pro-I liked the fish. Only small critique would be to line your net holder tube with some kind of noise eliminating foam insert or something

and i thought your demeaner was fine
Old 03-13-13, 10:06 PM   #7
lilmule

GoPro being the video cam?
Certainly gives a nice view or picture.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 10:21 PM   #8
bamabassman

the video IS fantastic. clear picture the whole time.
Old 03-13-13, 10:32 PM   #9
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Shawn I like the vid-I like the toon-I like the Go Pro-I liked the fish. Only small critique would be to line your net holder tube with some kind of noise eliminating foam insert or something

and i thought your demeaner was fine
Kenn you're so right...aluminum is soo loud.......but im working on it buddy. and yeah it's a GoPro cam
Old 03-13-13, 10:59 PM   #10
bassinbob

Cool vid. Nice bass.
Old 03-14-13, 07:56 AM   #11
bassboogieman

Your boat is too neat. Also too well organized. You are in shirt sleeves, you southern guys really know how to make us northfers feel bad. Your are catching fish 'bama only dreams of, yet he is still nice to you? I don't understand it...

OK now that everything is on even keel, nice video - I have been back-and-forth on the purchase on a Go Pro and watching your video may have just nudged me closer to owning one. The second vid is much better than the first as you can see it - the first one with the camera looking directly into the sun is more in silloutte - fishing while filming takes some additional consideration as to camera position, I'm sure experience will help with that. Nice day for fishing, we still have ice on the water here, thanks for sharing.

I would like to know which Go Pro you have - silver or black as I've seen a couple decent deals on the black, top-of-the-line camera, ALMOST bought it Monday and if I had seen this video before then I probably would have bought it, now I have to go see if it's still available. THANKS again, now I have the camera monkey on my back.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 04:06 PM   #12
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Your boat is too neat. Also too well organized. You are in shirt sleeves, you southern guys really know how to make us northfers feel bad. Your are catching fish 'bama only dreams of, yet he is still nice to you? I don't understand it...

OK now that everything is on even keel, nice video - I have been back-and-forth on the purchase on a Go Pro and watching your video may have just nudged me closer to owning one. The second vid is much better than the first as you can see it - the first one with the camera looking directly into the sun is more in silloutte - fishing while filming takes some additional consideration as to camera position, I'm sure experience will help with that. Nice day for fishing, we still have ice on the water here, thanks for sharing.

I would like to know which Go Pro you have - silver or black as I've seen a couple decent deals on the black, top-of-the-line camera, ALMOST bought it Monday and if I had seen this video before then I probably would have bought it, now I have to go see if it's still available. THANKS again, now I have the camera monkey on my back.
Bassboogieman thanks…..i went with the silver…..there is one model up the black which does shot another format above the 1080p….i think it’s 1200 or so. At first I didn’t care about thw wifi but it’s a nice addition because I can use my remote (or android phone) to shot pictures. I don’t really use it to turn the cam on and off because one of the best things about the GoPro 3 any model is they can record while they are powered……this was the selling point for me. A buddy has the GoPro 2 and he loves it but has to change his batteries every 30-45 minutes….not that big of a deal but you never know when that Hawg is going to hit. Me a just let mine run all day. You can plug the camera up to a 12volt outlet or use an external battery like me. Here’s a picture. also on the 3 there is a setting for direct sunlight and in the software you can edit it also but man I’m just getting back on the water after 2 years of no fishing….so I fish first and soon my videos will be better. I will be doing a video on how I set my cam up this Sunday. I sent you a pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu62hcj8cg...15.49.32.jpg?m
Old 03-14-13, 11:49 PM   #13
keithdog

Thats an awsome video quality! I can see how easily it would be to get hooked on having one like that mounted in your boat. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-15-13, 12:53 AM   #14
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

That's is awesome CB. I really dig the videos you put up...

BTW, I couldn't hear to much on the first video, but I hope you knew that poacher that came in on you. I see that a lot on state lakes. Let someone see you catch a fish and they may even bump in to you bird doggin'.
Old 03-15-13, 12:33 PM   #15
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
That's is awesome CB. I really dig the videos you put up...

BTW, I couldn't hear to much on the first video, but I hope you knew that poacher that came in on you. I see that a lot on state lakes. Let someone see you catch a fish and they may even bump in to you bird doggin'.
Nice viddy, and yea thaT ''pot licker'' came up quick! hahaha
Old 03-17-13, 02:51 AM   #16
Crankbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
Nice viddy, and yea thaT ''pot licker'' came up quick! hahaha
Naw he's cool...i know him. What sucked was the two bass boats that pulled up on both sides of me when i caught the 6.5.....that sucked just pulled off and hit my 2nd spot!
Old 03-26-13, 09:32 PM   #17
bassboogieman

Thanks Shawn, MY Go Pro should be here in a few days. You should get a reward from GO PRO (not me!!) for making the sale for them. I wanted the WI-FI remote so I went with the black edition because the silver + the remote are pretty close to the black edition combo in price. Thanks for posting your videos.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 07:33 PM   #18
merc1997

good videos and bass.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.