Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-17-05, 08:27 PM   #1
BassGizmo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassGizmo
Default depth finder location?

I just recently bought a spare transducer for my river boat. I am going to just put my eagle fishmark 320 on a quick disconnect mount so i can switch from boat to boat.
I just can't decide were i should mount it on my flatbottom. i was thinking of putting it beside the rear seat but then i wouldn't be able too see it from the front deck. do you guys think i should buy another disconnect mount for the front too so i can move it to where it would be more needed. where do you guys have yours mounted?

I think it would be used more up front but i would like to also use it for higher speed use to locate spots. what would you guys do?
BassGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-05, 10:03 PM   #2
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser
Default Re: depth finder location?

Does your boat have a middle bench for a seat or livewell? You could mount it there and then swivel it towards the front or back. Just a thought. Â*
RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 07:50 PM   #3
DABG1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DABG1

i figure its a tiller handle motor. if so i tried that once before and its just about impossible to mount in a good location for front and rear. the two quick connects may be the best solution.
DABG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 07:55 PM   #4
Makitcnt4u
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Makitcnt4u

yeah go with 2 quick connect mounts. I mounted mine beside the back bench for driving in my jon boat and later regretted it because I couldn't see anything while fishing. I would go to the back and walk on the metal floor and scare all of the fish away.
Makitcnt4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 08:11 PM   #5
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I've only got one depth finder on my boat for now. Since it's more important to me for fishing than running, (I know the places I fish pretty well) I mounted the unit itself on the bow, but mounted the transducer on the stern. That way I can see it well enough when I'm running, but it's easy to see when I'm fishing. I just have to remember that what I see is a little behind me. It's a compromise I can live with.

Note unit on bow deck.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 09:32 AM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

My setup is just like Cajun's with the exception of my fishfinder is on the other side, and I have stick steering so everything is done up front. I use the fishfinder more to find points/droppoffs/submerged stuff ;D. If I know it at the back of the boat it doesn't hurt me at all. The most fun I get sometimes, is taking someone new out, and watching as their eyes get big from all the fish they see on the screen, and I tell em, look that one's right under you. Amazing how quickly their line gets wet Once you find the spot, mark it.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-05, 08:22 PM   #7
BassGizmo
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassGizmo

I think i may mount it on the bow. i figure if my wife is sitting in my view of the fishfinder she can tell me if she sees anything good on the screen. I actually have my battery mounted up front so it will be much easier to hook everything up. thanks for the info guys
BassGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-05, 01:12 AM   #8
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

when i was figuring on putting mine depth finder in up front i fished with a buddy who imo had his in the wrong place. he hit it 6 times in one day. on my boat there a small area near the trolling moter that i located my depth finder if i have a bad cast -who don't- it would hit my tm mount before it hits the depth finder i use a eagle 168 up front. th tm base is higher than the depth finder. i have never hit the depth finder -the tm a bunch-.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.