Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-18-07, 08:50 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default How would you fish this lake ?

Heres my local lake , its 1400+ acres. Lots , and I mean lots of trees , alot as deep as 20'. Alot of trees , I cant say that enough. Lots of old road beds , you can see this in the map ( dashed lines ) bridges under water , alot of brush sticking up in 4' water , so thick you cant flip into it very well. See map http://www.indianaoutfitters.com/gle...gwood_lake.htm

Can a feller be unconventional and have any success drop shotting these trees in the summer months ? What else ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-07, 08:54 PM   #2
CMorg

You can also type in dogwood lake , indiana. into google earth , and it zooms right into it. zoom way in to check the structure
Old 04-19-07, 09:32 AM   #3
K-Driz
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to K-Driz

Hit the trees up...flipping tubes right into them to catch suspended bass during the summer. Also, during the post spawn try flinging weightless wacky rigged trick worms at the standing timber to get those suspended bass.
K-Driz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-07, 06:08 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

square billed crankbait..

nuff said

zooker
Old 04-19-07, 09:48 PM   #5
lizardsrule

WOW, I shoulda fished that when I was up in Indiana. Roadbeds always were good for me in Indiana, c-rigging them and cranking them. Of course I love any wood at all. I'm thinking spinnerbaits around those stumps, and a Heavy Grassmaster Jig to punch through those mats. Also try working a fluke on top of the mats like a frog, but when you get to a hole, just let it fall. There is just tons and tons of things that should work there. It looks awesome IMO.

Lizards
Old 04-20-07, 11:56 PM   #6
Zach_BassFisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

well there is a big pond close to me, with the tress and brush, and what i like to use in that situation is a buzz frog, i have alot of success on it, and i was curious why no one else has mentioned the buzz frog??
Zach_BassFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 07:52 AM   #7
JB

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule View Post
WOW, I shoulda fished that when I was up in Indiana. Roadbeds always were good for me in Indiana, c-rigging them and cranking them. Of course I love any wood at all. I'm thinking spinnerbaits around those stumps, and a Heavy Grassmaster Jig to punch through those mats. Also try working a fluke on top of the mats like a frog, but when you get to a hole, just let it fall. There is just tons and tons of things that should work there. It looks awesome IMO.

Lizards
lizards at our age who don't? rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-07, 11:21 AM   #8
CMorg

Lizards , you just never came down to my part of the state thats all. I had fished this lake from a few spots on the bank , now that I have a boat , I couldnt believe how great this lake is. An old man told me at the boat ramp when I was done , that this is southern indianas best kept secret. I belive him. Although the record fish is over 9 pounds , I guess the average big fish is 6. So , there not huge but plentiful.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.