Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 10-03-11, 01:14 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Another fall bassing question

Do things like cold fronts, warm fronts, no cloud blue skies, barmetric pressure and such have the same effect on fish or fishing as it dose in the summer and spring? Ex: the fish are feeding due to water and air temp dropping so dose a cold front speed thier feeding up in the fall as opposed to slowing it down as in the summer? I would assume cloud cover would be similar but it seems to my experience that even a clear fall day can still produce alot of topwater bites all day long as opposed to dawn and dusk. So what have you folks experienced?
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-11, 06:38 PM   #2
Tavery5

I would suggest getting Kevin VanDam's Bass Strategies, he answers and gives his opinion about allot of these things in his book. You may get good advice here, but if KVD were offering to tell you what he would do, who would you listen too.
Old 10-04-11, 09:15 PM   #3
kennethdaysale

Hey Joe...I can only speak for fish and water in the deep south but the main difference is probably just a calender date. After 40 years doing this religiously I look forward to the first real cold front or two, I am convinced that this "sets up" the fish much like the first couple of warm spells in the spring does. I can't count the number of Oct. and Nov. fish I've caught on buzzbaits and other topwater stuff in the middle of a bluebird day. Do I like cloud cover? yes Do I stay home on a clear day? no Do I think that if Pro anglers were prohibited from getting scouting information the rankings would change dramatically? yes But I digress...thats a topic for another thread.
Old 10-04-11, 09:33 PM   #4
Tavery5

So start a new thread Kenny

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.